Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Texas Tech "prized" freshman recruit booted from school

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    If you're playing co-ed basketball then leave the machismo at home. I always let girls shoot but that was it.
    I can remember guys blocking girls shots and stuff.

Weak.
    Kinda Condescending and arrogant to say "you let" the girls shoot dont ya think?

Myself, If a girl or little kid wants to play me at anything they should get my best. That if they win then they earned it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Badj Ima Disagree, All joking aside. If Im attacked from behind and Hit upside the Head, Im going into Immediate Defense/attack mode!
    It would have been better to go into defense mode. What if it wasn't a fist that hit you, but an errant basketball or an accidental collision (remember that this was rec ball).

Maybe it's the mommy in me, but being around kids at a playground. I may accidentally get hit either by a kid or by something else (can't count the number of times I've bonked my head on stuff that's too short). Swinging fists around people that are smaller and weaker than me?! Uggggh

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    I find no humor in violence against women.

Ever.
    Not to flame, apparently SNL did...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Then dont laugh at the Joke!
    Why on earth did you ever think it was worth making a joke about? Pathetic.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Why on earth did you ever think it was worth making a joke about? Pathetic.
    Cause Ima a Pathetic mother ****er, Pay Tention. Now go make me a sammich.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Oh and for what its worth I have NEVER in my life hit a woman. Have gotten in a few fight swith maggots that Have hit em in front of me tho.

Wait Sisters dont count when yer young do they?
    I did knock crap out of 2 of mine when we were kids.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    From what I read on forums and such elsewhere, it sounds like the football dude got hit in the back of the head during the rec ball game, and without looking where or to who he was punching, just swung around... and hit the girl.

If you are rolling your eyes, I completely understand. Such a "defense" would not prevent you from being charged with assault, nor protect you from a civil suit for pain and suffering/hospital bills, and it certainly did not keep him playing football at Tech.

However, this does not sound like a simple case of putting a girl in her place for playing basketball better than a man or whatever. Apparently there was video that the coaches at Tech reviewed before making the decision.

Lesson: Don't just go swinging your fists, you moron.
    ESPN is reporting that Bethel "took a swing" at the woman. That doesn't mean they are right, but if there is video of the incident (and I'm sure there is), then I would think it was pretty easy to tell the difference between a 'heat of the moment' elbow check and a punch to the face. I think it was probably more the latter since the decision was made so quickly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    ESPN is reporting that Bethel "took a swing" at the woman. That doesn't mean they are right, but if there is video of the incident (and I'm sure there is), then I would think it was pretty easy to tell the difference between a 'heat of the moment' elbow check and a punch to the face. I think it was probably more the latter since the decision was made so quickly.
    I agree there should be Video of it somewhere Hell every body and their brother has a Phone now. Im sure it will surface, Hope some one posts it when it do!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Maybe I missed it, but has this joker been ARRESTED?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

They could arrest him if they have film or a complaint. My suspicion here is that, presuming the injured party agrees, they just let the dismissal from the team and expulsion from school be sufficient and save the good citizens the cost.
    Oh, and probably have a suit from the DA's office go by and have a little chat with the lad letting him know that his next trip to Lubbock should be sometime after never.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

I agree there should be Video of it somewhere Hell every body and their brother has a Phone now. Im sure it will surface, Hope some one posts it when it do!
    Oh, if there's video (and you and I both know there is...somewhere), it'll make it's way online. That's the world we live in now.

vCash

Reportedly hit in the face, broke a bone, woman needs surgery. SMH.

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-c...t#.U7Be241dVmo

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Badj Ima Disagree, All joking aside. If Im attacked from behind and Hit upside the Head, Im going into Immediate Defense/attack mode! I am going to try to return attack with such Overwhelming force that whoever attacked me is rendered Unconscious or even dead Sorry thats just the way I was trained.

Simple way to NOT get hurt? Dont smack some one from behind.
    Exactly.I'm surein large part because I was always small and often(at least initially) a target for bullys ,I developed an instant response to any attack which is still ingrained in me.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Exactly.I'm surein large part because I was always small and often(at least initially) a target for bullys ,I developed an instant response to any attack which is still ingrained in me.
    Ok, so even assuming that this football player has developed a complex from being undersized and often targeted by bullies, it doesn't excuse his actions. If he's going to respond with violence anytime he feels threatened and this complex causes him to irrationally feel threatened, then he doesn't need to be on campus.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Ok, so even assuming that this football player has developed a complex from being undersized and often targeted by bullies, it doesn't excuse his actions. If he's going to respond with violence anytime he feels threatened and this complex causes him to irrationally feel threatened, then he doesn't need to be on campus.
    Thats why he GONE Girl
    Pay Tention

vCash

Yeah, I've been doing a bit more reading on this and it seems like the decision was based on a zero tolerance policy at the TTU rec center. Any student who hits another student at the rec center is immediately kicked out of school there. Apparently students at the rec center are constantly reminded of this policy etc. Seems odd tbh
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Yeah, I've been doing a bit more reading on this and it seems like the decision was based on a zero tolerance policy at the TTU rec center. Any student who hits another student at the rec center is immediately kicked out of school there. Apparently students at the rec center are constantly reminded of this policy etc. Seems odd tbh
    I aint read much, But she hit Him 1st from what little i read . Did she get kicked also?

vCash

This guy was guaranteed penalty flags per game, no doubt. Might even help Tech if he's gone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by virginiasooner View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but has this joker been ARRESTED?

This just in:

Ex-Texas Tech player could face aggravated charge
    6-29-14
    AP - Sports

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- A former Texas Tech football player faces felony assault charges after he was accused of hitting one of the school's women's basketball players at the university's recreation center.

A Texas Tech Police Department offense report released Monday accuses freshman Nigel Bethel II of ''causing serious bodily injury'' by hitting Amber Battles on Saturday. The one-page report states the attack included ''hands, fists, feet, etc.''

Efforts to reach Bethel were unsuccessful. The highly regarded defensive back from Miami was released from custody pending formal charges by the Lubbock County district attorney's office.

Bethel was dismissed from the football team on Sunday.

Athletics spokesman Blayne Beal said Bethel is being allowed to complete his summer school session.

Battle led the Lady Raiders last season with 16.4 points per game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Kinda Condescending and arrogant to say "you let" the girls shoot dont ya think?

Myself, If a girl or little kid wants to play me at anything they should get my best. That if they win then they earned it.
    Not really. I had game back in the day.