Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Obammy is doing a Fing Bang up job with the Economy aint he?

Why according to Matlock the 8th we all ****tin Skittles and Pizsin RainBows

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. economy contracted at a much steeper pace than previously estimated in the first quarter to record its worst performance in five years, but there are indications that growth has since rebounded strongly.

It do say its rebounded but from What? The worst performance in 5 years thats what.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-econ...123534819.html
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Obammy is doing a Fing Bang up job with the Economy aint he?

It's working' for me. Of course, I'm in the 1% now, so that's pretty much a given regardless of whose in office.

vCash

Finger bang?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Finger bang?
    I were to lazy to do the *** in between
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    It's working' for me. Of course, I'm in the 1% now, so that's pretty much a given regardless of whose in office.
    Congratulations!! You can afford that high grade weed in Boulder.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Stock Market up. Unemployment down.

I'm OK with that.

I just wish I had an ice cream sammich.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

I'm OK with that.

5-0
    Me too - especially after all that weed I've been smokin'.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The unemployment numbers are bull****. The stock market is up because the Fed keeps pumping up that hot air ballon. Where else you going to put your money? Both my equity market funds and bond market funds are doing great because everyone knows the Fed will never, every be able to withdraw the stimulus.(QE)

BTW, Reuters is the modern day Pravda. They can never report the news without putting in some editorial comment favorable to Obama and the Democrats.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

I'm OK with that.

5-0
    Thats the Prob with this country, every one is happy as long as they get a small piece of the pie. Dont matter whats best for the country as a whole Just whats in it for them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Thats the Prob with this country, every one is happy as long as they get a small piece of the pie. Dont matter whats best for the country as a whole Just whats in it for them.
    Isn't that the conservative, free market philosophy? Let the "silent hand" guide you, and if everyone does it, that's what's good for the whole? (And no, I don't believe it myself).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Isn't that the conservative, free market philosophy
    ? Let the "silent hand" guide you, and if everyone does it, that's what's good for the whole? (And no, I don't believe it myself).
    I aint got a Clue what that is. This conservative says Take care of the country 1st and quit with all the special interest groups.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    The unemployment numbers are bull****. The stock market is up because the Fed keeps pumping up that hot air ballon. Where else you going to put your money? Both my equity market funds and bond market funds are doing great because everyone knows the Fed will never, every be able to withdraw the stimulus.(QE)

BTW, Reuters is the modern day Pravda. They can never report the news without putting in some editorial comment favorable to Obama and the Democrats.
    I realized this about 8 months ago. It's getting increasingly more difficult to find an actual, unbiased news outlet.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It do say its rebounded but from What? The worst performance in 5 years thats what.
    You are just too stupid. Did you actually read the story? Or just jump to obammy sucks?

Remember YOUR link to YOUR story.

The economy was held back by an unusually cold winter, the expiration of long-term unemployment benefits and cuts to food stamps, which curbed consumer spending. It was also weighed down by a slowdown in the pace of restocking by businesses.

All these temporary factors have since faded, lifting growth early in the second quarter.

The government's gauge of first-quarter growth has been lowered by 3.0 percentage points since the first estimate in April showed the economy expanded at a 0.1 percent rate, and revision between the May and June release was the largest on records going back to 1976.

Economists had expected the revision to show the economy shrinking at a rate of only 1.7 percent. Given the sharp downgrade, growth this year could struggle to reach 2 percent.

Investors shrugged off the weak data and bought U.S. stocks. Prices for U.S. Treasury debt were up at mid-day, while the dollar was marginally weaker against a basket of currencies.

The latest GDP revision reflected a weaker pace of healthcare spending than previously assumed, which led to a cut in the figure for consumer spending to show the slowest rise since the fourth quarter of 2009. Trade was also a bigger drag on the economy than previously thought.

ACTIVITY PICKING UP

The economy grew at a 2.6 percent pace in the final three months of 2013, and second-quarter growth estimates range as high as a 4.0 percent rate. The lofty growth expectations were supported by other data on Wednesday showing activity in the services sector hitting a 4-1/2 year high in June.

While a decline in bookings for defense capital goods and civilian aircraft sank orders for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods in May, according to a third report, businesses spending plans rebounded from April's slump. That suggested a steady pick-up in business investment, a crucial ingredient for sustained economic growth.

There were also increases in order backlogs and inventories.

"Outside the defense realm, orders are moving up, shipments are moving up, and inventory gains are returning. That is the precise recipe for production and job gains," said Michael Montgomery, a U.S. economist at IHS Global Insight in Lexington, Massachusetts.

In the first quarter, growth in consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of U.S. economic activity, was lowered to a 1.0 percent rate from a 3.1 percent pace.

Exports fell at a 8.9 percent rate, the biggest drop in five years, instead of a 6.0 percent pace. That resulted in a trade deficit that sliced off 1.53 percentage points from GDP growth.

Other drags to first-quarter growth included a slow pace of inventory accumulation, a sharp drop in investment in non-residential structures such as gas drilling, and weak government spending on defense.

Businesses accumulated $45.9 billion worth of inventories, a bit less than the $49.0 billion estimated last month and well below the fourth quarter pace. Inventories subtracted 1.70 percentage points from first-quarter growth, but should be a boost to second-quarter growth

A measure of domestic demand that strips out exports and inventories expanded at a 0.3 percent rate, the weakest pace in three years, rather than 1.6 percent as reported a month ago.

Four of the factors that held it back

unusually cold winter - must be obamas fault

expiration of long-term unemployment benefits - REPUBLICANS REFUSED TO EXTEND THEM

cuts to food stamps - AGAIN REPUBLICAN CUTS

slowdown in the pace of restocking by businesses - consumer spending slows down and you don't need to restock as quickly so you can keep inventory down

Do you want to talk about The latest GDP revision reflected a weaker pace of healthcare spending than previously assumed? oh no obamacare!!!

dumbass

vCash

HeHeHe
    I got him Now should I do the Catch and release???

vCash

Do you really want to talk about obama performance when under George Bush GDP growth was an average 1.67 percent?

Stellar performance under the guy you voted for.

vCash

HeHeHe
    I got him Now should I do the Catch and release???
    Typical dumbass when you are pimp slapped down you claim it's a setup.

dumbass

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Typical dumbass when you are pimp slapped down you claim it's a setup.

dumbass
    LMFAO @ YOU Do you really take this innweb bidness this serious?

vCash

LMFAO @ YOU Do you really take this innweb bidness this serious?
    I am not the one who posted it in the first place dumbass.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I am not the one who posted it in the first place dumbass.
    The rest of Us

At YOU

vCash

The rest of Us

At YOU
    Getting this straight, you took the time, energy and effort to post copy and paste part of article, post the link and comment on it. When I go over your article I copy and paste it and comment on it and I take this too seriously? dumbass

They only person laughing around here is me laughing at your ignorant childish ***.