Thread: House of Cards

Administrator
    vCash

House of Cards

Just (finally) finished season 1, and I have to say it's the best TV series I've ever watched. Of course there are some reaching artistic liberties taken, but that kinda makes it even better.

I find myself pulling for Kevin Spacey's character (Frank Underwood), but he can be such a waste of life. Yet, I anxiously await the next episode just to see what he's going to do.

Very well made.

I will try to start Season 2 this weekend. Any word on a Season 3?

vCash

Re: House of Cards

Never heard of it, whats it about?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Just (finally) finished season 1, and I have to say it's the best TV series I've ever watched. Of course there are some reaching artistic liberties taken, but that kinda makes it even better

I find myself pulling for Kevin Spacey's character (Frank Underwood), but he can be such a waste of life. Yet, I anxiously await the next episode just to see what he's going to do.

Very well made.

I will try to start Season 2 this weekend. Any word on a Season 3?
    Honestly, I feel like Season 2 was better. That's when things really get going. I had a break of several months between seasons, though. It's dark and engaging enough that I needed that break, and I don't know if I could have watched both seasons back to back. Word of caution, though; once you start Season 2, there's no going back. I know they're doing a Season 3, and I'm thinking it will be released in February. I'm not sure if I heard February, or if I'm just thinking that because that's when the first two seasons were released.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Looks like I'm gonna have to commandeer my kid's Wii.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

It's ok but no way I would say it's the best I've ever seen. Frankly it bored the hell out of me at times. I got few episodes into season 2 a couple months ago and just kind of walked away from it. I'm sure I'll finish it out at some point but there isn't anything "gripping" enough to make me rush back to it.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

I'm already on S1 E6...

OleVet Posse Instigator

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Never heard of it, whats it about?
    Here's the "official" description:

A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.

It's about political power and the shady side of government, with a heavy dose of The Sopranos thrown in. There is a lot of fiction, but that's what makes it entertainment.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    It's ok but no way I would say it's the best I've ever seen. Frankly it bored the hell out of me at times. I got few episodes into season 2 a couple months ago and just kind of walked away from it. I'm sure I'll finish it out at some point but there isn't anything "gripping" enough to make me rush back to it.
    It hits in my interest wheel-house. I've always been interested in the workings of the government (not so much the "official" dealings, but the side deals/lobbyist type stuff). If I didn't have that interest, it would probably be just another "okay" show. Plus, I've been a Spacey fan for a long time...and have a pretty big crush on Robin Wright.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It hits in my interest wheel-house. I've always been interested in the workings of the government (not so much the "official" dealings, but the side deals/lobbyist type stuff). If I didn't have that interest, it would probably be just another "okay" show. Plus, I've been a Spacey fan for a long time...and have a pretty big crush on Robin Wright.
    I'm not attracted to Robin Wright, but Spacey's acting is near-perfection for this role. I'd probably (it's been a while since I've seen it) rank his acting above Denzel in Training Day, and that's say a lot from me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

I completely agree about Spacey. He's awesome in the role(and it looks like the makers of the new Call of Duty agree). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it most of the time and do plan on going back to it. Just saying it gets a bit slow at times.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

I'm at S2 E3 right now. I want to see Clair nekked.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

On S2 E12. Still ain't seen Claire nekked, but Kevin Spacey just went tri-saxual...

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I know someone who knows him. He's ghey, not that there's anything wrong with that.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

An incredible show. Was the reason I got Netflix last year and I binge-watched season 2 when it came out in February in about 3 days.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think we took 4. Very compelling.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

It took me a week for season 2. I had the whole week off, so I was pretty proud that it took me that long.