View Poll Results: Agree with Redskins patent office decision?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Redskins" trademarks should be canceled

6 15.79%
  • "Redskins" trademarks should not be canceled

32 84.21%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Poll: Washington Redskins patent ruling

So because it's "disparaging to Native Americans" the patent office ruled that the team's trademarks are going to get canceled.

Sooners-related because Trent Williams can catch a ball with one hand (via his twitter):

vCash

Re: Poll: Washington Redskins patent ruling

PS: I'm voting "should" because I think it's funny when billionaire brats don't get their way... and that the franchise didn't do more sooner to establish a relationship with the Native American community

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    PS: I'm voting "should" because I think it's funny when billionaire brats don't get their way... and that the franchise didn't do more sooner to establish a relationship with the Native American community
    I voted Shouldnt Cause I think its a bunch of Horse shat!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

You always risk stuff like this when you use any ethnic anything. Think of New Zealand's 'Haka war dance'. How about the Minnesota Vikings? Does the 'Patriots' namesake mean that all their opponents are 'Not Patriots'? And Houston's 'Texans', well, I am sure there are many, many players on that team who feel humiliated and ashamed; as well they should!

I guess, they should change the franchise's name. Some people feel butt hurt about it. I reserve the right to think that such people need to take a chill pill.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I voted Shouldnt Cause I think its a bunch of Horse shat!
    It is, but everything I've read about Dan Snyder makes me think another billionaire temper tantrum is mounting. Here's hoping his personal assistant records the conversation and he tells her who she can and can't bring to "his games"

vCash

It is, but everything I've read about Dan Snyder makes me think another billionaire temper tantrum is mounting. Here's hoping his personal assistant records the conversation and he tells her who she can and can't bring to "his games"
    Maybe he will Say Dont bring no stinkin Injuns!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    You always risk stuff like this when you use any ethnic anything. Think of New Zealand's 'Haka war dance'. How about the Minnesota Vikings? Does the 'Patriots' namesake mean that all their opponents are 'Not Patriots'? And Houston's 'Texans', well, I am sure there are many, many players on that team who feel humiliated and ashamed; as well they should!

I guess, they should change the franchise's name. Some people feel butt hurt about it. I reserve the right to think that such people need to take a chill pill.
    The first part of your argument is silly. The second part is ignorant. I know that kid that is in this day and age is being called a redskin and that's at Norman high, of all places. If you're Native American, fine, you can have that opinion, but if you're not and you've never been made to feel inferior because of your appearance or skin color, then your opinion means squat because it's baseless.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    The first part of your argument is silly. The second part is ignorant. I know that kid that is in this day and age is being called a redskin and that's at Norman high, of all places. If you're Native American, fine, you can have that opinion, but if you're not and you've never been made to feel inferior because of your appearance or skin color, then your opinion means squat because it's baseless.
    The whole ****ing argument is ****ing Silly! Hells Bell If some one names sompun that In Yer opinion is derogatory to YOU, Then Dont patronize them.

Hell I had a Teacher in the 4th grade her Name was Mrs. Rape. Guess she should have been forced to change her name so she wouldnt Offend wimmens who been Raped.
    Grow a Pair and Be who YOU are.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron View Post
    Card carrying Cherokee, pal. You?

vCash

Im Part Black so I must be Jigsaw

vCash

A Bob Marley quote is apropos here: "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

This great country of ours is, in spite of the efforts of bigots and missionaries, so damned Indian it's silly. Our food, our place names, a whole bunch of our blood and DNA and on and on. Including important concepts in our governmental system and constitution. Indian.

To walk around that on egg shells is silly. Most people describe themselves, in their own tongues as either 'The People' or something referring to the place they live. But many also identify by some physical characteristic. (for instance, 'The Blue Eyes' for Ainu people). I would suggest adopting the pose of our forefathers if such is used against you with ill intent: treat them the way The Yankees treated the Brits who taunted them with that label.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

"Native Americans" don't exist any more, there are only "native Americans".

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Are we going to change the Vikings mascot/logo now? As a man of Scandinavian descent, I suppose I'm supposed to act offended.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Are we going to change the Vikings mascot/logo now? As a man of Scandinavian descent, I suppose I'm supposed to act offended.
    As a Sooner, I'm offended that the Vikings are squandering Adrian Peterson's talent. Eielson, let's draw lots to see whose team gets him. I'd rather he be a Ram than a worthless pathetic Viking in a collapsable (whoops, I mean "inflatable") roofie roofed doom dome

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

I hope it doesn't get changed because Harry Reid has already made pronouncements about not attending any games until they do change the name. I like politician temper tantrums, personally.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

So because it's "disparaging to Native Americans" the patent office ruled that the team's trademarks are going to get canceled.
    Badg... You and the entire world knows that the great Chicago thug and arm twister has ordered the Patent Office to make this finding in order to put forth his life goals, the ones he can't get a Congress to act on or the people to vote on, so His Majesty The Leftist has ruled by decree. Just like everything he will do until he leaves office.

Oh, If I were the owner of the REDSKINS, I could give a rat's *** if Reid ever went to one of my team's games.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

No card, my family members didn't want to get in line back then.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    I hope it doesn't get changed because Harry Reid has already made pronouncements about not attending any games until they do change the name. I like politician temper tantrums, personally.
    The only logical conclusion is to force them to change their names to Washington Savages. Then we can get both tempter tantrums.

vCash

As a Sooner, I'm offended that the Vikings are squandering Adrian Peterson's talent. Eielson, let's draw lots to see whose team gets him. I'd rather he be a Ram than a worthless pathetic Viking in a collapsable (whoops, I mean "inflatable") roofie roofed doom dome
    If you get him, you have to promise to get rid of the cheeseheads. I have some family members that are lactose intolerant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If you get him, you have to promise to get rid of the cheeseheads. I have some family members that are lactose intolerant.
    They're made of foam... but I guess that can be a choking hazard if you don't chew it into tiny bits before attempting to swallow.

Other teams that aren't allowed to have Adrian Peterson, nor any Sooner alums:
    1- Jacksonville
    2- Oakland
    3- Houston