Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: The Pride is in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
    We hired an incompetent band director because we could pay him less?
    No clue. Don't really care, either. I hope the band gets it together, but their quality doesn't effect the football team. My statement about money was to explain why we can't be the best at everything and need to have our priorities straight financially. Obviously money isn't the only factor. It's just the most important.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
    We hired an incompetent band director because we could pay him less?
    No they hired him because he is the butt buddy of regent Weisenheimer and Weisenheimer is butt buddies with Boren...That is the entire reason. The guy was not qualified according to the job posting, Boren asked that he be considered, he was and not selected/recommended and then Boren took the committee recommendation, ignored it and selected his butt buddy butt buddy...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

With all them butt buddies surrounding this deal, at least we know whence came the obsession with show tunes.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    No they hired him because he is the butt buddy of regent Weisenheimer and Weisenheimer is butt buddies with Boren...That is the entire reason. The guy was not qualified according to the job posting, Boren asked that he be considered, he was and not selected/recommended and then Boren took the committee recommendation, ignored it and selected his butt buddy butt buddy...
    This reminds me of South Park's description of evolution via "Mrs. Garrison."

In a nutshell though, the band has an unqualified director that was only made a candidate at the insistence of a booster who wanted the band to resemble Wisconsin's... and the fans, alumni and band revolted to the point that they were back doing what they were doing last year under the previous director by the final game.

So, who knows what this season holds for the band. Hopefully lots of "Boomer Sooner" due to Eric Striker on defense and Trevor Knight on offense. I'm too far removed from the band myself to really get emotionally invested in halftime performances. Was sad to see so many band members left on the sidelines early-on in the season, though.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Don't know if there is an update, but last post I saw that only about 80-90 Upperclassmen have signed up to try out for The Pride this year. It appears they may have called Boren's bluff.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

All right, kids, it is now my job to teach you the theory of Pride drama.

Now I, for one, think it's really not as bad as made out to be, but I've been told I have to tell it to you anyway. It was thought up by lots of alumni on facebook and it goes something like this...

In the beginning, we were all awesome. Okay? Marching around on the field. And then one day a couple of guys brought in a dumb director, and the dumb director was different, so it got hired. So dumb director goes on to make more dumb marching maneuvers and then one day, a new pregame routing crawled out onto the field with its...

...mutant tuba dancing... and eff it

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

MY GOD!

NOT MUTANT TUBA DANCING!
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown