Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb seas

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Since they're thinking about throwing a few hundred million into the stadium anyway, I'd be all for a Roman architecture makeover. Complete with pits dug into the ground covered with trap doors...which could come in hand when the opposition breaks a big play.
    Are you Jackie Moon? That is genius!
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb seas

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Since they're thinking about throwing a few hundred million into the stadium anyway, I'd be all for a Roman architecture makeover. Complete with pits dug into the ground covered with trap doors...which could come in hand when the opposition breaks a big play.
    And water! You could suddenly flood the arena with water and keep the game going! Home field advantage X 1,000,000!
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 HoserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Question regarding away games - how do they handle tickets for these games? Seriously considering driving down to Morgantown for the game this year, after having such a blast last year in South Bend. Would rather sit WITH OU fans this time round mind you, and wondering what the process is.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

College football ticket prices were once so affordable that season ticket holders could scalp a profit for even the most absurd non-conference matchup. Then, colleges decided to do everything we hate about the pros --- added costs above face value (which also is always rising) to the point that even if you resell your ticket for face value, you're taking a loss on the sale.

Sometimes I think student apathy is about the lazy entitlement and apathy that you expect among young folks (always a sign that you're getting old, when you think people younger than you are lazy, entitled and apathetic, lol). Maybe they're just getting priced out like the rest of us (not just tickets, but expensive concessions that don't even include alcohol, plus more ads than an average TV timeout from every direction).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Not saying it should have stayed like this, but I have a ticket stub booklet from the early 1950's when my grandfather had season tickets. Texas, was, I recall, $5, the other games were like $2.00 to $2.50.
    Even with inflation, that was a deal!
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HoserSooner View Post
    Question regarding away games - how do they handle tickets for these games? Seriously considering driving down to Morgantown for the game this year, after having such a blast last year in South Bend. Would rather sit WITH OU fans this time round mind you, and wondering what the process is.
    i doubt they will sell out, and you could get them from OU if you tried. it really shouldn't be that hard to find OU seats at the stadium either, but some people don't have the stomach for that

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HoserSooner View Post
    Your best bet for this is to search the ticket boards. About a month before the game, the OU folks that won't make it will gladly sell you their tickets for face or less.
    wonderin where SIA is with my beer and change for my $20!?

I've had no action on this board concerning the sale of my extra tickets. It looks like I may still have a pair of tickets available to sell for the 11/22/14 game vs. Kansas. Here's my question though: Is there a different board or forum here in Soonerfans.com that I should be posting these tickets for sale? Your response is appreciated. Boomer Sooner!!

vCash

try here:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/for...?7-Sooner-Swap

not sure if you need more posts to start a thread though

you might have better luck on stubhub or ebay...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Wait til they spend $400M on stadium expansion/upgrade and weight/academic facilities and you'll think these tickets were cheap! The demand IS great and that's why they are able to have high ticket prices.

vCash

My recliner is waaaaay too comfortable, and my TV waaaaay too nice to shell out big bucks for tickets!

...just sayin
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    with very few exceptions, tickets are less than face at the game

i only started paying face when i got season tickets

i mainly get them through OU to make getting there less of a hassle on gameday and to get priority points for Texas and bowl games.

it paid off immensely this last year in New Orleans...

on the other hand, they are offering Texas tickets now to season ticket holders if you buy more tickets to some of the home games.i don't remember seeing them do that, ever.
    Yeah and they were still available for five days. I guess they decided to package them with other home game tickets instead of selling them to people that work to get enough priority points to get them.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.