Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb season

These are the prices printed on the tickets.... not what they're actually worth....

Louisiana Tech - $55 ea
    Tennessee - $105 ea
    *Texas - $125 ea
    Kansas State - $ 85 ea
    Baylor - $85 ea
    Kansas - $65 ea
    OSU - $105 ea
    wonderin where SIA is with my beer and change for my $20!?

Re: Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb seas

That means I will have to pay around $120 per ticket for a decent seat for the first game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Speaking of ticket sales, your single game ticket prices for the upcoming fb seas

At what point will Sooner ticket prices decrease? Will it take an 8-4, 7-5 sort of season to do that?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    At what point will Sooner ticket prices decrease? Will it take an 8-4, 7-5 sort of season to do that?
    I really don't see it happening... maybe level off at some point? But if we keep winning 10 games a year, which I'd love for us to do, they'll keep going up and up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    When a certain hot, fiery place freezes over. Remember last year when they made such a big deal about the price of season tix being the same as the year before? I'd be more than willing to bet that that's as close as you're going to get to a reduction.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nativesooner View Post
    These are the prices printed on the tickets.... not what they're actually worth....

Louisiana Tech - $55 ea
    Tennessee - $105 ea
    *Texas - $125 ea
    Kansas State - $ 85 ea
    Baylor - $85 ea
    Kansas - $65 ea
    OSU - $105 ea
    $55 = 'crap game'. Looks like I will be spending $230 this season (Texas + OSU games) and watching the rest on TV (unless the first one is PPV only in which case I will listen on the radio).
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Hmmmm..... At least $210 for the Tennessee game as I'm bringing my son to his first ever Sooner game. Airline tickets, rental car, place to stay, ouch! The experience: Priceless!!!

Boomer

Only 6 home games, so of course, it is expensive. But I always think it is worth it! If you look at the venue as an ALL DAY activity, then it isn't so bad. Look what it costs to go to a first run movie, and that is only for 2 hours. If you want to go to a cheap football game, pick a loser school.........

vCash

most of those games will go for half of face on game day... Minus the orange teams of course.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It is, of course, an all day activity. But the University could do more to 'flesh out' the experience.
    I'm thinking mimes.
    And I'm surprised that I'm the first.
    You're welcome.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

I recently saw where OU's cheapest (the price you would have to pay now, not the price printed on the ticket) home game was more expensive than 95% of the other Big XII's most expensive home games.

The cheapest tickets available (on StubHub) for the Tennessee game start at $156 right now. Going to Sooner games ain't cheap, but DAMN, it's so worth it!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    It is, of course, an all day activity. But the University could do more to 'flesh out' the experience.
    I'm thinking mimes.
    And I'm surprised that I'm the first.
    You're welcome.
    Mimes are so 80's. I'm thinking live big cats, roaming free in and around the stadium, with the occasional rabid monkey in the concession area. THAT would be a good time for the whole family!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by vtsooner21 View Post
    Hmmmm..... At least $210 for the Tennessee game as I'm bringing my son to his first ever Sooner game. Airline tickets, rental car, place to stay, ouch! The experience: Priceless!!!

Boomer
    Check out StubHub (they seem to be a little cheaper than $210).

I bring my boys back to Norman every year for one game, and StubHub has always been really reliable. Of course, you can wait until the week prior to the game and probably find cheaper seats, but coming from out of town, I need to have that taken care of ahead of time (sounds like you do too).

My best memory of being at a Sooner game was watching my son's attend their first games. It's like being there for the first time all over again.

vCash

with very few exceptions, tickets are less than face at the game

i only started paying face when i got season tickets

i mainly get them through OU to make getting there less of a hassle on gameday and to get priority points for Texas and bowl games.

it paid off immensely this last year in New Orleans...

on the other hand, they are offering Texas tickets now to season ticket holders if you buy more tickets to some of the home games. i don't remember seeing them do that, ever.

vCash

8timechamps- Can't wait to see my son's expressions at the game...As I've said, no matter the costs, priceless! Can't agree with you more and your lifetime memories!

Boomer

I'm also a season ticket holder. This season, I will have 4 extra tickets (2 pairs) for both the opening game vs. Louisiana Tech on 8/30/14 and vs. Kansas on 11/22/14. I'd like to sell them to recoup some or all of the face value that I paid to O.U. Please reply if interested. All 4 tickets for both games are in Section 39, Row 52. Thanks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Mimes are so 80's. I'm thinking live big cats, roaming free in and around the stadium, with the occasional rabid monkey in the concession area. THAT would be a good time for the whole family!
    Jackie Moon, promoter extraordinaire, hosted some bear rasslin'. There was some collateral damage, but all-in-all it looked like fun.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I was being genteel.
    Given my d'ruthers, I'd opt for full contact team sword fighting. Messy, but, hell, it worked for the Romans. And we can keep the big cats and rabid smaller animals out there with the sword fighters to add to the chaos.
    Let's just make sure Joe C allows slave girls to keep our wine cups full.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by salth2o View Post
    Jackie Moon, promoter extraordinaire, hosted some bear rasslin'. There was some collateral damage, but all-in-all it looked like fun.
    Jackie Moon could definitely hype up halftime. I wonder if the players would have an issue wearing eyeliner...

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I was being genteel.
    Given my d'ruthers, I'd opt for full contact team sword fighting. Messy, but, hell, it worked for the Romans. And we can keep the big cats and rabid smaller animals out there with the sword fighters to add to the chaos.
    Let's just make sure Joe C allows slave girls to keep our wine cups full.
    Since they're thinking about throwing a few hundred million into the stadium anyway, I'd be all for a Roman architecture makeover. Complete with pits dug into the ground covered with trap doors...which could come in hand when the opposition breaks a big play.