Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Sooners in the NFL

Multiple sites reporting Lane Johnson suspended for four games for positive PED test

Link

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

July 8, 2014 2:20 pmRyan Broyles making good progress
    by Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

Lions receiver Ryan Broyles made "impressive catches" and "flashed his speed and agility" during minicamp as he continues to progress in his return from a torn Achilles, reports the Detroit Free Press. Broyles told the paper he feels like he's finally getting the benefit of a full offseason.He was planning to work with a speed coach before training camp.

"It’s more just conditioning for the body, a lot of lightweight stuff for me to stay mobile, to stay healthy," he said. "Foot placement and things like that."
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BtqPNbmCIAMsya4.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	2821

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Administrator
    vCash

Ran across this picture and thought I'd share. Jalen Saunders is apparently doing very well in Jet's training camp. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he made the team.

vCash

Saunders is tiny by NFL standards, but he's quick and he can catch. I'd love to see him make it.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Saunders is tiny by NFL standards, but he's quick and he can catch. I'd love to see him make it.
    He was tiny by D1 standards. He's had to adapt to stay alive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    He was tiny by D1 standards. He's had to adapt to stay alive.
    Speaking of tiny nfl sooners, Roy finch apparently turningheads in pats camp. Would be awesome to make roster as undrafted rookie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Speaking of tiny nfl sooners, Roy finch apparently turningheads in pats camp. Would be awesome to make roster as undrafted rookie
    I still don't feel that he got a fair shot at OU.

Not saying he's not at least partly to blame for that.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...Joe Washington did pretty well for himself in the NFL

...you never know

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Administrator
    vCash

I still don't feel that he got a fair shot at OU.

Not saying he's not at least partly to blame for that.
    Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how his career plays out. He certainly is fun to watch.

Administrator
    vCash

Brennan received his rookie haircut:

The Broncos projected starting RB, Monte Ball, had an appendectomy this week and is expected to miss all of the pre-season. That means Brennan will get more time to earn a spot. First game is tomorrow (Seattle @ Denver). I'll try to get some pictures of Clay and Nelson (as well as Carter, but he's not a rookie and is expected to make the team).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I have my fingers crossed for Clay, but recent Broncos training reports doesn't even mention him when they talk RBs.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I have my fingers crossed for Clay, but recent Broncos training reports doesn't even mention him when they talk RBs.
    No real mention of him or Nelson, so tomorrow will go a long way in earning that spot. I'll come back after the game and post my take on his performance, in case you can't get the game (don't have NFL Network, etc).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Wes Welker (sp?)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Wes Welker (sp?)
    Welker is a stout hunk of muscle, and he uses his strength to get off press coverage. Saunders is a wisp of a figure, more like Dexter McCluster and will need to use speed/quickness. But pound for pound, Saunders is a tough fellow, just not a lot of pounds.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Administrator
    vCash

Weather was not good for the Broncos/Seahawks game last night, so I didn't even bother trying to take pictures on my phone. Anyway, here's what I took from the game:

Bronsin Irwin (Seattle) - He's listed on the roster, but I couldn't find him anywhere. Anyone know if he's possibly injured?

Brennan Clay - Brennan was on the starting kick-off return team for the Broncos. He's not the designated return man (the Broncos use a single return man for kick offs), but he was the up back on kick off return. His shining moment came when the Broncos Omar Bolden started to return a kick that went deep in the endzone, and Clay kept him from bringing it out. Otherwise, Clay didn't see any action until late in the 4th quarter (he rushed 3 times for 2 yards). By the time Clay got in the game, the game was almost over and decided. He carried it a few times to run out the clock, and got no lanes to run through. With 5 RBs on the roster, the Broncos will probably give him more time next week. He's got an uphill climb to make the 53 man, but the fact that he's starting on ST is a decent sign.

Corey Nelson - Corey got into the game in the second half and looked really good. He ended the night as the Broncos leading tackler (5 tackles), and looked like he was right back to where he was prior to the injury in the TCU game. He still looks like a rookie, but I think he's definitely turning some heads. The only real downside I saw was that Nelson appeared to be the smallest WLB on the roster. He's a good 10 pounds lighter than the guys ahead of him (although he seems to be up in weight from his time at OU), but he also seems a little faster than a couple of the bigger backers on the roster. I think he's definitely making a case to end up on the roster. He also played a lot of ST with the punt team.

Quinton Carter - After Q suffered another injury last year (that forced him onto IR), I thought he may be done in Denver (if not the NFL). I clearly don't know what I'm talking about, because he looked absolutely great last night. The Broncos run a Nickle defense most of the time, and Carter started at FS, and played most of the first half. He looked solid, and doesn't appear to have missed a beat. I think he's a lock for the final roster, and will see a lot of time on the field.

That's all I have from last night. The Broncos are back in town in two weeks (against the Texans), so I'll have a report on the Sooners in the game then. If I hear anything in the mean time, I'll post it here.

vCash

Funny story: We were on a Tulsa flight that was also stopping in Denver, and someone, likely the victim of a very evil friend prank, was saying that was just informed that Peyton Manning tore his ACL. So about two dozen Denverites stuck in Tulsa layover were in "Oh noes season ruined" mode. It was like the time we all heard "media reports" about Landry and Sam dealing drugs from some Darth Husker or something.

Seriously --- DUMP THAT FRIEND.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Notes from Cards game on Sat.

Jefferson (Tony Jefferson) is playing like a man focused on being a starter in 2014 and Johnson continues to be steady. Bucannon is learning the position and has become a vital contribuator as the nickel linebacker.

vCash

It would be huge for Tony to be a part of that monster defense Arizona is building.

Gabe Ikard entered late into the rainy Packers-Titans game Saturday as Titans center. Was part of the Tennessee game winning TD drive. Didn't see any big glaring errors and seemed to be solid, but I'm not sure if there's going to be a roster spot for him next month. Hope so!