Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sooners in the NFL

Adrian Peterson is still a beast.

Good to see Ryan Broyles out running again:

One does not simply walk past Trent Williams:

More Sooners in NFL photos here (sorry, they mixed some Poke ones in too)

vCash

Re: Sooners in the NFL

Anyone have any updates from their neck of the woods?

I spotted a random photo of Tress Way yesterday so I decided to google him. Apparently things are looking good in camp:

DeCamillis envisions a fierce battle at punter between sixth-round pick Pat O'Donnell and Tress Way. Both have routinely hit the roof of the Walter Payton Center when the team has conducted offseason workouts indoors."Obviously that’s something that’s good, by the way," DeCamillis said. "If it hits the roof in there, that means they are hanging the ball. If they don’t hit the roof that’s usually not a good thing, because that means it’s coming right back at you in the return form. I’m glad that it’s hitting the roof, let’s just say that. But you can evaluate also there, because you can film it and see a tight-line shot of them and see exactly what their strengths and their weakness are as far as their drop, as far as their catch of the ball, everything that comes into play. So we can get a lot of work done in there, but obviously outside is better than inside for us right now.

"I think it's going to be a heck of a competition. I think when we drafted Pat, for whatever reason Tress really picked his business up. He's really punted well and it's going to be a heck of a competition."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

"Everybody was here," Smith said. "We finished on a high note. Now, how often do you get to finish with a sno-cone?"

That's right. As practice was winding down, a shaved-ice truck pulled up on the side of the practice field. As soon as practice was over, almost all of the Bucs headed for the truck.

The ice was there thanks to defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, who picked up the entire tab.

"What I do at home with my family is I take care of my family," McCoy said. "I reward my family when my kids get good grades or do something special and I take care of my wife. These are my brothers. This is my family. We've been working hard since April. We're about to go on break. I figured it's hot out here, I'll do something nice for the whole family."

McCoy ran the idea by Smith in advance and got the coach's approval.

"I said 'Hey, great idea.' Here we are talking to the guys about getting their body fat down and Gerald comes up with this," Smith said with a laugh. "For a day like today, we're not going to count calories. Guys left with a smile on their face."

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

That's an awesome story. Nothing against Sam (but everything against Suh)... think the teams that picked No. 2 or No. 1 are starting to wish they chose GK instead?

Sadness: After last season he spent more years playing for Tampa than for OU.

Administrator
    vCash

Denver Broncos/Sooners

Quinton Carter - After missing almost two years to injury, Carter (who played very well his rookie year) has re-emerged this off-season. From all the reports I've read, Q is really standing out. He's been starting in the Bronco nickle package, and (from local reporters) is expected to be a major contributor this season.

Corey Nelson - So far, so good for Nelson. He's been practicing with the second team defensive unit throughout mini-camp and OTAs. He's also seen a ton of time on special teams. I don't see Nelson getting cut, because he adds much needed depth to the inside LB until and seems to be playing very well on special teams. He's still learning the defensive playbook, but looks as good as any ILB on the 2 deep right now (Denver doesn't really have a stud at ILB, so there's a opportunity for him).

Brennan Clay - There was a local reporter that tweeted something about Brennan this week:

Brennan Clay is a stud in space. Not a pile pusher, but get him the ball as a receiver & he can score any time he touches the ball #Broncos

So, it seems like Clay is getting noticed. Outside of Monte Ball, the Broncos don't have a reliable back, so there is room for Clay, but he'll have to continue to play well this off-season and when camp starts. The Broncos have about 7 or 8 RBs in camp, and will only keep about half. Clay could be one of those on the 53 man, but there's still a long way to go.

vCash

I'm looking forward to Defensive Q having a standout year. Here's hoping Clay makes the final roster for your Broncos too.

I was curious how everyone's favorite meerkat was doing... here goes:

Landry Jones has taken his share of snaps during offseason practices with the second team that not only indicate he's getting better, but also that there could be a battle for the backup job at training camp.
    There are actually four QBs on the Steelers roster right now: Landry, Big Ben, last year's backup Bruce Gradkowski and an undrafted rookie that they picked up in may, former Cincy Bearcat Brendon Kay.

With Ben and Bruce both getting older, I could see Landry made the #2 behind Ben... if he performs well in preseason games. Then, he can coast another season like last year, as Ben Rofl played every game. I don't even think Landry suited up at all

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I hope Carter has broken that habit of dropping his head when he makes a tackle. I just cringe every time I see it and just hope he hasn't hurt himself (or others). He definitely came up dazed a few times during his rookie year.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I hope Carter has broken that habit of dropping his head when he makes a tackle. I just cringe every time I see it and just hope he hasn't hurt himself (or others). He definitely came up dazed a few times during his rookie year.
    I noticed that too. He did the same thing at OU, but it didn't seem as apparent (or maybe I just didn't pay as much attention to him individually). Scary.

vCash

He got flagged at least once in college for that and came up woozy at least once too

Administrator
    vCash

Saw this today on an ESPN/Denver Bronco blog about rookies:

At least one from among the group of rookies Brennan Clay, Kapri Bibbs and Juwan Thompson figures to make the final roster. And there is scenario, certainly rare but still in play given how things went on the field over last few weeks, where the Broncos have two undrafted rookies make the roster at one position.

Of the three, Clay has shown the best hands in the passing game and perhaps the best hands as a receiver in the position group overall. Thompson, at 225 pounds, is the biggest back in the building and has shown a good feel running routes as a receiver and has moved well in pass protection.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Q had a knack for the ball in college. Clay has great hands and body control.
    Good luck fellas.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Just a few notes I have read, nothing confirmed.

The Steelers may cut Gradkowski if the race is close between him and Landry as Landry is so much cheaper and younger

This may be Broyles last shot in the NFL if he cant stay healthy
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I hope Broyles is stronger than ever 'cause he's gonna need it against the receiver corps Detroit has assembled. It will be truly remarkable if he can hang on to his job.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Ryan Broyles traded to Oakland Raiders?

No, not yet, and quite frankly it would reflect very poorly on the Lions if they dropped yet another one of their recent draft choices. Think of all the Lions drafted that are no longer Lions, "Hammer" Ronnell Lewis included.

Still, on a lot of the top Google News returns for "Ryan Broyles," there's a lot of trade rumors. They include the Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots and as noted above, the Raiders. Tom Brady throwing to Ryan Broyles? So awesome for Ryan's NFL future. Johnny Football scrambling as Broyles is wide open for the Browns, sack-fumble-INT? Ugggggggh. I don't know who the Raiders quarterback is now, but it's probably better than the Browns situation.

The important part, no matter what team he's with, is that he's healthy.

“No pain,” he said. “I’m still building up my strength. My left calf is a little smaller than my right one, but I think in the next coupler months I’ll feel pretty good.”
    Even though he's with the Lions, go Ryan go. I only like to see my Sooners successful in the NFL, even if it means my Packers lose a few games to their teams.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Ryan Broyles traded to Oakland Raiders?

No, not yet, and quite frankly it would reflect very poorly on the Lions if they dropped yet another one of their recent draft choices. Think of all the Lions drafted that are no longer Lions, "Hammer" Ronnell Lewis included.

Still, on a lot of the top Google News returns for "Ryan Broyles," there's a lot of trade rumors. They include the Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots and as noted above, the Raiders. Tom Brady throwing to Ryan Broyles? So awesome for Ryan's NFL future. Johnny Football scrambling as Broyles is wide open for the Browns, sack-fumble-INT? Ugggggggh. I don't know who the Raiders quarterback is now, but it's probably better than the Browns situation.

The important part, no matter what team he's with, is that he's healthy.

Even though he's with the Lions, go Ryan go. I only like to see my Sooners successful in the NFL, even if it means my Packers lose a few games to their teams.
    Matt Schaub.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Matt Schaub.
    Wow... talk about a franchise of sloppy seconds when it comes to who they start. Here's hoping Broyles doesn't go there

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Last year not withstanding, Schaub can be pretty solid IF (& it's a big if) you can keep him healthy. IIRC, he had a stretch in Houston where he was getting called out on his toughness because he was missing so much time.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Any pictures of Millard with the 49ers? I read some articles rating his stats (one that he had no double digit scores at OU), which means they never SAW Millard play. A true throw-back football player!

vCash

It's not with the Niners, but don't you just LOVE this photo?

He's #44 in this pic (if you can't tell from the hair, lol):

Here's the latest on Trey:

Trey Millard: The fullback is likely out for the year as he recovers from a torn ACL.
    Another report:

Rehabbing rookies Jimmie Ward, Aaron Lynch and Trey Millard were pulling sleds off to the side during practice
    I'd like to see him get time to get healthy. It will not impact his pay/status, as he was a low draft pick that could easily get put on injured reserve for the season and come back next year to compete hard in camp.

Thanks for the info. I thought the picture of Millard jumping a Longhorn was great! I thought he would have healed from the ACL injury by now, but some are worse than others. Heupel can tell you about it.