vCash

Perine

vCash

Re: Perine

That's a grown man!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I've consistently stated that I'm more interested in this guy more than any player not named mixon. He came in under the radar, kind of, because he committed early. I think we are set in the backfield for many years. We've got some beasts.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm getting curious about the fullback position. We have Ripkowski and we know that Bell could do the job under some sets. And Flowers has certainly garnered his share of swooning press. But I can also envision, say, Ford and Perine set up behind Knight. Might make some MLB's wish they'd doubled up on the protein at breakfast.
    Anyone have any idea what sort of blocker Perine is?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

I remember when AD came in and everyone was shocked how he looked as a true freshman. It seems like more and more of these kids are coming in looking like they've been in a D-1 strength/conditioning program for awhile.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I'm getting curious about the fullback position. We have Ripkowski and we know that Bell could do the job under some sets. And Flowers has certainly garnered his share of swooning press. But I can also envision, say, Ford and Perine set up behind Knight. Might make some MLB's wish they'd doubled up on the protein at breakfast.
    Anyone have any idea what sort of blocker Perine is?
    I thought for a long time Perine would be a perfect fullback in our offense, and he still may be, but he's been pretty vocal about being a tailback. He's a decent pass blocker, but never had to run block in high school, so there's no way to know what kind of FB he could be with OU's coaching.

I suspect Perine will play whatever position will get him on the field the quickest, which probably isn't running back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I thought for a long time Perine would be a perfect fullback in our offense, and he still may be, but he's been pretty vocal about being a tailback. He's a decent pass blocker, but never had to run block in high school, so there's no way to know what kind of FB he could be with OU's coaching.

I suspect Perine will play whatever position will get him on the field the quickest, which probably isn't running back.
    Saw him at a car show at Hendrickson High here in Pflugerville.

He was decked out in all OU gear. I asked him if he used to go to OU (he looks 30). He said , 'No sir, I go here.' I asked if he was Semaje Perine. He said he was. I'm not sure what they are doing to get this big. But he's a competitive 100 meter guy here in central Texas. At that size and with that speed he might be the next great one from OU.

And he seemed like a really nice kid.

vCash

hell's bells, call the two positions "Aardvark 1" and "Aardvark 2" if that's what it take. I recall back in the day of the wishbone, the sexy RB's got to go around the corners....but the FB generally had more carries and yards. So call them both tail backs. I just want to see this guy and Ford on the field at the same time.
    Because I'm like that.

vCash

hell's bells, call the two positions "Aardvark 1" and "Aardvark 2" if that's what it take. I recall back in the day of the wishbone, the sexy RB's got to go around the corners....but the FB generally had more carries and yards. So call them both tail backs. I just want to see this guy and Ford on the field at the same time.
    Because I'm like that.
    Semaje =Lydell Carr. I'm good with that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm thankful I'm not tasked with tackling this guy.

Administrator
    vCash

Because I'm like that.
    Given the talent we have at RB, I'd kinda like to see the wishbone again. Because, that's how I roll...

vCash

Just get him the damn ball! This season could be one for the ages. Last season we had a "happy ending" and with so many young guys being a part of that, they will come back stronger and hopefully better

vCash

I'm excited too, Birddog, but I keep trying to keep in mind that these guys are pretty young and we could see some growing pains with ball control, assignments and the like. Simple, experience and maturity issues that have nothing to do with talent and physical prowess. And that will, if it happens, lead to me, inevitably, cursing and putting my glass down on the table with inappropriate forcefulness. Which in turn will make my mother and GF make frowny faces at me.
    God, the stress that awaits me! Why do I do this to myself?

Administrator
    vCash

I'm excited too, Birddog, but I keep trying to keep in mind that these guys are pretty young and we could see some growing pains with ball control, assignments and the like. Simple, experience and maturity issues that have nothing to do with talent and physical prowess. And that will, if it happens, lead to me, inevitably, cursing and putting my glass down on the table with inappropriate forcefulness. Which in turn will make my mother and GF make frowny faces at me.
    God, the stress that awaits me! Why do I do this to myself?
    It's in our blood.

We repeat the same thing year after year (with the occasional respite) and come back for more. Because we can't get enough. It's almost an illness.

vCash

Call me a Doctah!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Given the talent we have at RB, I'd kinda like to see the wishbone again. Because, that's how I roll...
    With Knight at QB and the RBs on campus it would be great to see Stoops throw out a wishbone set ... just a time or two but early in the season to make defenses prep for the possibility.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless

vCash

I have long wanted OU to score a trashtime (at the end of one of our many landslide thrashings of Texas) TD vs UT with an option around the corner. Just for old time's sake...

vCash

Prepare your Perineum ..

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Call me a Doctah!
    Ok: You're a Doctah!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Just get him the damn ball! This season could be one for the ages. Last season we had a "happy ending" and with so many young guys being a part of that, they will come back stronger and hopefully better

Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...