Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frank Shannon

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Frank Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by CatfishSooner View Post
    he won't play another down at OU
    Do you have some inside information, or is this just your opinion?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

You might be right, Catfish, but every day that goes by without the University announcing his ineligibility or expulsion or whatever would indicate it's less likely. My logic: the 'case' becomes fuzzier and fuzzier the longer it takes and admin law (from which these kind of disciplinary procedures draw their inspiration) tends to back away from the ultimate sanction in any but the most clear cut cases. Ergo, if the hammer was going to come down, it would have done so quickly and cleanly.
    Bob does not have the final word on this; but, if they get to a situation in which there is no 'evidence' upon which to found a decision, they may well leave discipline up to him.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Jason Kersey of the Oklahoman posted in three tweets today:

"Frank Shannon's lawyer won't comment on his status, only says he's in school & w/ team. Declined comment when asked if he'd play this fall"

"An OU spokesman said he's been instructed to proceed as if Frank Shannon will be on the team. He'll appear in the media guide."

"In declining a request for outcome of Shannon's hearing, open records officer said there's still no “determination of a disciplinary action""

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'd like to think they'd just keep it hanging as a threat, but that might mean retrospective eligibility issues. It does become curiouser and curiouser.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I'd like to think they'd just keep it hanging as a threat, but that might mean retrospective eligibility issues. It does become curiouser and curiouser.
    I have absolutely no inside information, but it would seem like they (the school) would want to have acted quickly on this considering the current environment in the NCAA. I can only think "no news is good news", but who knows?!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Not really any more info here than in the tweets, but Kersey wrote a more detailed account of Shannon's status:

http://newsok.com/frank-shannon-rema...rticle/5004895