Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Thread about the "botched" execution in Big Mac

Post your right-wing bloodlust or your left-wing hand-wringing here.

I say it's a shame the doubleheader didn't come off as planned.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Thread about the "botched" execution in Big Mac

Well, it's gotta be a huge blow for the pro-death penalty crowd. This is what makes judges more likely to put executions on hold.

In California we've had death row inmates tie up their cases for years on the issue of cruel and unusual punishment via injections.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Its ****ing SIMPLE either do away with the DP entirely and quit wasting Money on endless ****in appeals or give em 3 shots at an appeal and then Kill em the way they Killed their Victims.

Obviously If they thot it was Ok to Rape an 11 month old baby then bash its head in it should be alright for them to suffer the same fate!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I dunno what they used to botch it so.

I'm no Doctor but for a layman who's been thru some surgery I'd.....

1. Give him a big dose of Versed (like SuperValium) so he won't complain.

2. After that's taken effect..........a fat dose of Propofol to knock him out.

3. A massive dose of Potassium Chloride to stop his heart.

End of criminal.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I dunno what they used to botch it so.

I'm no Doctor but for a layman who's been thru some surgery I'd.....

1. Give him a big dose of Versed (like SuperValium) so he won't complain.

2. After that's taken effect..........a fat dose of Propofol to knock him out.

3. A massive dose of Potassium Chloride to stop his heart.

End of criminal.

5-0
    You're hired.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

How about a 357 jacketed hollow point to The Brain
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Fallin looks like a huge moron here

i'm not exactly shedding tears about this scumbag though

vCash

I'm with the "let him suffer" crowd. The scumbag deserved to die a horrible death. This incident, due to a blown vein, will put a blackeye on death by injection though. I'm sure there will be a lawsuit by the family.

I'm with Vet, let's reinstate the firing squad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    How about a 357 jacketed hollow point to The Brain
    Aw, Vet, there'd prolly be some idiot who can't shoot straight involved,
    then whadaya do?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Aw, Vet, there'd prolly be some idiot who can't shoot straight involved,
    then whadaya do?
    Shoot em again

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Fallin looks like a huge moron here

i'm not exactly shedding tears about this scumbag though
    Admittedly I aint read much cept the headlines but How does the Bad guys Vein blowing make Fallin look like an idiot?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I was stunned and saddened when I heard that the state of Oklahoma couldn't carry out the execution properly and had to once again delay the other.

It's not that I don't think the killer (who was said to have buried his victim alive to suffer longer) deserves a certain type of death, it's that I think that as the state of Oklahoma and the enforcers of law and dealers of punishment, we have to be the better side than the murderers and murdering rapists (the other one scheduled to die last night was convicted of murderering and raping an infant). We have to be the ones that aren't filled with bloodlust, the ones that don't enjoy bringing death and pain to others. If our actions are justified by the crime, then they need to be carried out in a humane and honorable way.

It's time to bring back the firing squad. Quick, painless, over in seconds. Any of you volunteer to fire the gun(s)?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Public hangings.

Back to the OP. I know this story has been going for a while but I haven't payed attention really at all. Something about not being able to get the drugs, a pharmacy, the criminals suing someone, and now this. Can someone fill in the blanks, cliffs notes style?
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Public hangings.

Back to the OP. I know this story has been going for a while but I haven't payed attention really at all. Something about not being able to get the drugs, a pharmacy, the criminals suing someone, and now this. Can someone fill in the blanks, cliffs notes style?
    In a nutshell, multiple states, Texas and Oklahoma included, have been experiencing shortages of the drugs typically used to carry out executions. Both states have found alternatives, while not disclosing where they found them. Death row inmates and their attorneys therefore are using this as a means to withhold executions a bit longer, saying they deserve to know exactly how they will die and where their execution's drugs came from. States are declining to disclose and as far as I know, have not been ordered to have full disclosure.

In Oklahoma specifically, the two death row inmates were scheduled to die last month, but due to appeals were allowed to live a bit longer. Their appeals involved wanting more information on the execution drugs. They ran out of appeals last week when both the state Supreme Court and the governor did not support their arguments. As such, the state said they could carry out both executions on the same day, the first time since the 1930s that would happen in Oklahoma.

And then the botch. The first one died due to heart attack, and now the second one's execution has been postponed two weeks.

That was probably too long, but hopefully it answers any general questions on the issues

vCash

I simply find it incredible that with people overdosing on a regular basis, that we can't put someone down with readily available drugs. But then I'm more in the gallows/firing squad camp anyway.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU68 View Post
    I simply find it incredible that with people overdosing on a regular basis, that we can't put someone down with readily available drugs. But then I'm more in the gallows/firing squad camp anyway.
    Technically the drugs worked, even if they didn't work as intended, I guess.

vCash

IF the dudes Vein blew out, How is that ANYONES fault except his for having sh1tty veins?

vCash

They injected him with all three drugs, but decided to abort the execution because his veins blew out. They said none of the drugs entered his body, but something caused him to go unconscious, start convulsing, and have the heart attack.

What exactly was their plan once they aborted the execution? Try and save him?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Well, it's gotta be a huge blow for the pro-death penalty crowd. This is what makes judges more likely to put executions on hold.

In California we've had death row inmates tie up their cases for years on the issue of cruel and unusual punishment via injections.
    Supreme court approved of firing squads...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    They injected him with all three drugs, but decided to abort the execution because his veins blew out. They said none of the drugs entered his body, but something caused him to go unconscious, start convulsing, and have the heart attack.

What exactly was their plan once they aborted the execution? Try and save him?
    Dont you remember the dude a few years back who tried to commit suicide ? They rushed his azz to the hospital did the er crap on him saved him. Then brot him back and Killed him.