SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

local gov over-control

Okay, the background

The GF's ex...MAJOR scumbag, horrible dad...big jacka$$. He's a slumlord in KC, Mo. Has fought the city on a bunch of things.

The story:
    Bought a german shepard pup, full bred..for a watch-dog, lives in one of his slum rentals. Has had the city take the dog once in the summer. Was on porch and didn't have water, someone called. Probably called because the dog would go at anyone (was on a chain). Then this winter he was gone about an hour and a half, temp was 10 degrees and they came and got him again a Thursday night.

Well the dumba$$ went to the pound Fri am and ended up getting arrested. Sure he went off. The city has had the dog since late Feb. He just got him back and they had neutered him.

Even though the guy is a total a$$...I do think the city had no right to neutered the dog and they did it cause he's such a thorn in their side.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: local gov over-control

I bet there's some minor city ordinance that allows animal control to treat animals deemed violent, aggressive, etc. In other words, it is lucky that they didn't just put the dog down after getting him sent to them a second time.

Administrator
    vCash

If the folks at the pound didn't have any idea who the dog belonged to, then they probably treated it like any other "rescue". I think one of the first things they do is spay/neuter the dog.

Had be been a responsible dog owner, this would never have been an issue. Sounds like a top notch kinda slimeball.

vCash

Every dog and Cat needs to be spayed /neutered.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Believe me I'm not defending this a-hole...if he wasn't such an a$$ it probably wouldn't have went this far...but ...

The city pound KNEW who the dog belonged to, so they didn't treat it like a rescue. He could not come see the dog at all. The dog, from my understanding wasn't violent..I probably painted that pic, but I guess he just barked at folks.

The ex went back on Monday after he got out of jail on Friday night to get the dog. The city said they had to have a hearing to see if he could get him back. That was in Feb. The hearing was a week ago. They dismissed all the charges and he didn't have to pay any fines. Then he goes to pick the dog up and they neutered him the day before he was scheduled to pick him up.

Understand this was a $1200 dog (yes another dumbasss move on his part) but I believe he thought of breeding.

I still say the city went way overboard.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    is that you bob barker?
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

WOW - we agree on something.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    WOW - we agree on something.
    Just shows your not a Total ****ing idiot.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Understand this was a $1200 dog (yes another dumbasss move on his part) but I believe he thought of breeding.
    A slumlord that plans to run a puppy mill. Thank goodness for the animal shelter neutering the dog before that could happen

Every dog and Cat needs to be spayed /neutered
    I also agree. Living in Oklahoma since 2001 I've heard about way too many cases where retirees or others that thought they could handle it would start breeding dogs and then an animal rescue group needs to come in a take dozens of dogs away from filthy conditions.

On top of that, animal shelters everywhere are overwhelmed and the tanking economy is making pet owners drop their responsibilities on the side of the road more often. "No kill" shelters just means that they drop their need-to-kill animals off at some other shelter.

after he got out of jail on Friday night to get the dog
    I'm curious... what did he do or say to get arrested

vCash

agree if it's a stray...but if it's MY pet and in my control (not out running around) then it's MY choice, not the city's.

vCash

I'm not advocating forced spayed/neutered plans, just endorsing it as a healthy pet practice.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    agree if it's a stray...but if it's MY pet and in my control (not out running around) then it's MY choice, not the city's.
    Jeep Love ya Bro. But WHY would a person NOT spay or neuter? Very few Pet owners have the ability or common sense to Breed successfully.
    Everyone of my animals have been "Fixed" everyone of em have been "Dumped" on me. I usually have to put down up to 2 dozen a year that folks dump out here, simply because they Cant or wont take care of em.
    Last summer I had toput down 7 pups, hated it but they were suffering , some arsehole dumped em , By the time I got to em they were already starving, Scared and covered in ticks and Mange. Couldnt get with in 10 feet of em they were so scared.

May I suggest to those who dont want to take care of their pets that ya at least teach em Birth control?

vCash

Just shows your not a Total ****ing idiot.
    I can't believe you said that
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU68 View Post
    I can't believe you said that
    Heh

Administrator
    vCash

Okay, the background

The GF's ex...MAJOR scumbag, horrible dad...big jacka$$. He's a slumlord in KC, Mo. Has fought the city on a bunch of things.

The story:
    Bought a german shepard pup, full bred..for a watch-dog, lives in one of his slum rentals. Has had the city take the dog once in the summer. Was on porch and didn't have water, someone called. Probably called because the dog would go at anyone (was on a chain). Then this winter he was gone about an hour and a half, temp was 10 degrees and they came and got him again a Thursday night.

Well the dumba$$ went to the pound Fri am and ended up getting arrested. Sure he went off. The city has had the dog since late Feb. He just got him back and they had neutered him.

Even though the guy is a total a$$...I do think the city had no right to neutered the dog and they did it cause he's such a thorn in their side.
    Okay jeep, I was at a baseball tourney this weekend and one of the parents works for animal control (in a suburb of Denver). I thought about this thread and it sparked a conversation. I asked him if they take animals if they get a call, and he said "absolutely not". He said that they (and just about every one in the country) are so understaffed and overwhelmed, that there has to be a physical reason to take an animal. In other words, his story that they took the dog because he didn't have water on a hot day doesn't jive with reality. Animal Control doesn't have the space, resources or legal jurisdiction to take an animal unless there is reason to believe it is in physical danger or a menace.

Also, once a animal is brought in, the shelter has the authority to spay/neuter the animal. The person I talked to said that if the shelter knew the owner, and this was not a first time incident, they always spayed/neutered.

I suspect the ex is full of ****, and there has been more incidents and/or the conditions were much worse than he led people to believe.

Another thought...

Why would you pay $1200 for a dog you wanted to breed, then leave it chained on the porch when you leave? It just doesn't add up. Most people either buy a guard dog, OR buy a dog to breed. Typically not both.

I've never spent money to purchase a dog, and I've owned many. If I were to spend that kind of money on a dog, I would make sure it was well cared for...hell, my dog is a mutt and he's well cared for.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Okay jeep, I was at a baseball tourney this weekend and one of the parents works for animal control (in a suburb of Denver). I thought about this thread and it sparked a conversation. I asked him if they take animals if they get a call, and he said "absolutely not". He said that they (and just about every one in the country) are so understaffed and overwhelmed, that there has to be a physical reason to take an animal. In other words, his story that they took the dog because he didn't have water on a hot day doesn't jive with reality. Animal Control doesn't have the space, resources or legal jurisdiction to take an animal unless there is reason to believe it is in physical danger or a menace.

Also, once a animal is brought in, the shelter has the authority to spay/neuter the animal. The person I talked to said that if the shelter knew the owner, and this was not a first time incident, they always spayed/neutered.

I suspect the ex is full of ****, and there has been more incidents and/or the conditions were much worse than he led people to believe.

Another thought...

Why would you pay $1200 for a dog you wanted to breed, then leave it chained on the porch when you leave? It just doesn't add up. Most people either buy a guard dog, OR buy a dog to breed. Typically not both.

I've never spent money to purchase a dog, and I've owned many. If I were to spend that kind of money on a dog, I would make sure it was well cared for...hell, my dog is a mutt and he's well cared for.
    Agree 8TC
    all my animals have been dumped on me or I got em from the pound They go to the Vet get fixed and Vacinated then come on home.

vCash

well, not sure why he got arrested...probably being a total *** to the pound folks...plus he had some other issues dealing with his rentals. He called the ex while I was there wanting her to bail him out. She said no. She then called the bailsman and asked what he was in for. The guy gave a list of stuff but she didn't remember much of it.

As far as breeding or not...I don't know that he wanted to do that. Before the divorce, they built a 400K house. My GF, the ex, is a teacher and works with autistic kids on the side, makes decent money but not a ton.

I used the term slum lord cause most of his houses rent for $500 or less. They actually tried to keep them pretty clean and up to date.

As far as the dog being taken, her son was there this last time...not sure about the summer. The one thing is he is a white guy living in a predominately black neighborhood, lower income...with a German Shepard that barks at everyone walking by.

His past includes having a GS while he was running drugs in his college days. Still smokes dope on a reg basis.

Yes my GF is totally ashamed she even dated let alone married this ****** bag. Believe me, I could care less and in fact serves this butthead right having it done. Sure there is much more to the story than is being told. I do know the son was there the 2nd time...and as far as he says, the dog was there at 4:15 then gone at 6 and the pound had it.

Vet, I totally agree...but again, it's that little gov control thing.

Administrator
    vCash

well, not sure why he got arrested...probably being a total *** to the pound folks...plus he had some other issues dealing with his rentals. He called the ex while I was there wanting her to bail him out. She said no. She then called the bailsman and asked what he was in for. The guy gave a list of stuff but she didn't remember much of it.

As far as breeding or not...I don't know that he wanted to do that. Before the divorce, they built a 400K house. My GF, the ex, is a teacher and works with autistic kids on the side, makes decent money but not a ton.

I used the term slum lord cause most of his houses rent for $500 or less. They actually tried to keep them pretty clean and up to date.

As far as the dog being taken, her son was there this last time...not sure about the summer. The one thing is he is a white guy living in a predominately black neighborhood, lower income...with a German Shepard that barks at everyone walking by.

His past includes having a GS while he was running drugs in his college days. Still smokes dope on a reg basis.

Yes my GF is totally ashamed she even dated let alone married this ****** bag. Believe me, I could care less and in fact serves this butthead right having it done. Sure there is much more to the story than is being told. I do know the son was there the 2nd time...and as far as he says, the dog was there at 4:15 then gone at 6 and the pound had it.

Vet, I totally agree...but again, it's that little gov control thing.
    There's a lot of really ****ty exes out there. Just makes you look better.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    There's a lot of really ****ty exes out there. Just makes you look better.
    Hells bells. EVERY ex out there is Sh1tty. Just ax the other Sh1tty ex, they will tell you.

vCash

yeah, he's completely disowned his 16 yr old daughter...but does things with the 8 yr old boy....

real piece of clASS.