Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Does anyone here plan to vote for Janet Barresi?

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Barressi 3rd place. Amazing
    Not so amazing after she managed to pizz off the whole state. Wonderful - yeah I'd go with wonderful. :-)

My wife is a teacher - she was doing the happy dance tonight.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Is there a Link on line that we can see the results all over the state?
    I tried looking for one with a county by county break down and couldn't find one.

Here's all the election results....

http://www.news9.com/category/193017/election-results
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Not so amazing after she managed to pizz off the whole state. Wonderful - yeah I'd go with wonderful. :-)

My wife is a teacher - she was doing the happy dance tonight.
    I voted for hofmeister primarily because of teachers.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Is there a Link on line that we can see the results all over the state?
    In this race specifically, Barresi carried no counties. Joy Hofmeister carried every single one. Follow the link for number specifics.

As for all of the Oklahoma election results, the state election board site is down, so here's Tulsa World and here's The Oklahoman.

For anyone who thought this would be a landslide overwhelming defeat, Barresi had a few things going for her:

1- She's a Republican
    2- She's an incumbent
    3- She had spent the most money

At the same time, she had a few things going against her unrelated to anything education:
    1- It was a statewide office during a hot primary (two Senate races, contested U.S. House seats, governor's race, etc)
    2- A lot of people were angry and saying so publicly

Absent of everything else, there was a big movement for change that not even a million-plus dollars of her own money could overcome.

Congrats, voters. You made your voice heard in this primary

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I envy you all your free time on election day, if you never vote for any politician that's ever told a lie.
    This wasn't just a lie or falsehood, this was outright fraud and deception, in order for her to get a leg up on a hiring process. She not only has no ethics, she has no moral compass.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    In this race specifically, Barresi carried no counties. Joy Hofmeister carried every single one. Follow the link for number specifics.

As for all of the Oklahoma election results, the state election board site is down, so here's Tulsa World and here's The Oklahoman.

For anyone who thought this would be a landslide overwhelming defeat, Barresi had a few things going for her:

1- She's a Republican
    2- She's an incumbent
    3- She had spent the most money

At the same time, she had a few things going against her unrelated to anything education:
    1- It was a statewide office during a hot primary (two Senate races, contested U.S. House seats, governor's race, etc)
    2- A lot of people were angry and saying so publicly

Absent of everything else, there was a big movement for change that not even a million-plus dollars of her own money could overcome.

Congrats, voters. You made your voice heard in this primary
    I'm not so sure that Barressi's loss may not have been worse had the election not been held with other statewide elections. The teachers were going to show up no matter what the circumstances/conditions.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

La ola es mía.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    I'm not so sure that Barressi's loss may not have been worse had the election not been held with other statewide elections. The teachers were going to show up no matter what the circumstances/conditions.
    I've found that limited elections with low turnout tend to have the strangest, unexpected results, likely due to only those that have emotional or financial ties remembering to go out and vote. With the highly contested Lanford/Shannon primary, among others, and the fact that it was a statewide superintendent race as opposed to a local school board election, there's a lot more mainstream and a lot less fringe to count on to vote.

As a sidenote, I don't know who was coaching Barresi during the final week of campaigning, but check out this video of Janet vs Joy last week at a Tulsa TV station debate. The creepy smile after all of her answers was probably to make her look more friendly to families and children... but it really looked the opposite.

If you can't view the video, here's a screenshot:

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    This wasn't just a lie or falsehood, this was outright fraud and deception, in order for her to get a leg up on a hiring process. She not only has no ethics, she has no moral compass.
    So, it looks like she scares you more than Hilary does.

Are you a Wall Street banker?
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

So, it looks like she scares you more than Hilary does.

Are you a Wall Street banker?
    She doesn't scare me, she is a piece of excrement that only could have been elected in MA. If she tried to in OK, she would have had her hat handed to her.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

You know what we need to have happen? Un-elected officials leave office the day they are unelected.

Exhibit 1: Janet Barresi.

She just created an "assistant state superintendent" position that reeks cronyism.

And now her state education department wants to bring back that failure of a testing company again, after they failed at testing our kids two years in a row.

pleeeeeease make it stooooooooop