View Poll Results: How many get left in the green room after 1st round?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. All 30 are first round picks.

0 0%
  • 1-2. A large majority will be first round picks.

3 18.75%
  • At least 5. Cue awkward green room moments.

12 75.00%
  • At least 10. Some should show up on day 2 instead.

1 6.25%
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

30 attending NFL Draft: Who gets left in the green room?

It's offseason, let's make a poll.

30 are reportedly going to attend the NFL Draft. With 32 picks on the first night, all of them might find a home, but more likely, there will be at least one left till day two surrounded by cameras with shocked and sad looks on their faces.

How many of the 30 do you expect will be left out of the first round? Vote away... leave a comment with your Geno Smith nominees

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 30 attending NFL Draft: Who gets left in the green room?

More interesting is who will be left behind the green door?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I predict Johnny Football will be twiddling his thumbs for a couple of rounds. At least, I pray he will. Nothing personal.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    I predict Johnny Football will be twiddling his thumbs for a couple of rounds. At least, I pray he will. Nothing personal.
    Don't bother God with trivial stuff like that in prayer

My first guest for green room reject would have been a running back, but guess what --- no RBs among the 30 attending. There are too many teams that have immediate needs for quarterbacks, so all four QBs (Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Garoppolo) of the 30 players attending are probably going in the first round.

So... I guess I'll go with the only TE on the list, Kony Ealy. With a name like that, GMs would be fired if they took him first

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Don't bother God with trivial stuff like that in prayer

My first guest for green room reject would have been a running back, but guess what --- no RBs among the 30 attending. There are too many teams that have immediate needs for quarterbacks, so all four QBs (Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, Garoppolo) of the 30 players attending are probably going in the first round.

So... I guess I'll go with the only TE on the list, Kony Ealy. With a name like that, GMs would be fired if they took him first
    You mean DE?

I'm thinking about 3 of those WR's don't get picked in the first round. Are they trying to jam every draft-eligible receiver they can in one room? Also, why wasn't Benjamin invited?

I'd also guess that one of the DT's might slip (Hageman or Jernigan) and one of the CB's (Verrett or Fuller).

vCash

Also, WTF was Kouandijio invited? I thought Striker demolished any first round aspirations he had.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Also, WTF was Kouandijio invited? I thought Striker demolished any first round aspirations he had.
    I remember an undersized, but fast WVU DE making Loadholt look silly in the Fiesta bowl. Loadholt didn't go 1st round, but pretty high and started as rookie for the Vikes. It was just one game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I remember an undersized, but fast WVU DE making Loadholt look silly in the Fiesta bowl. Loadholt didn't go 1st round, but pretty high and started as rookie for the Vikes. It was just one game.
    He failed his physical at the combine, too. Something about arthritis in his knee from a failed surgery. He had some questions even before getting abused at the Sugar Bowl, so I wouldn't touch this guy. I know that some players have horrible bowl games and go on to have great NFL careers, but some players also have major surgeries in college and go on to be HOFers. It's a huge red-flag, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    He failed his physical at the combine, too. Something about arthritis in his knee from a failed surgery. He had some questions even before getting abused at the Sugar Bowl, so I wouldn't touch this guy. I know that some players have horrible bowl games and go on to have great NFL careers, but some players also have major surgeries in college and go on to be HOFers. It's a huge red-flag, though.
    I would assume the combine and pro days would count much more than 1 college game. So with a a failed physical at the combine, I have no idea why he would attend the first day.

EDIT: I see "attending" means the first 2 days which is 3 rounds. That seems more reasonable for this guy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    EDIT: I see "attending" means the first 2 days which is 3 rounds. That seems more reasonable for this guy.
    That makes more sense. I would love to grab him in the 3rd.

vCash

I see "attending" means the first 2 days which is 3 rounds. That seems more reasonable for this guy.
    Wait... this is new. Non-first round talent invited to New York? Are they going to keep them in a backstage holding pen so they don't have to be on TV getting embarrassed the first day?

You mean DE?
    My bad, Kony is a DE

I thought Striker demolished any first round aspirations he had
    To be fair, Striker demolishes everyone. For the love of gawd keep your helmet on Eric

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Even if I had to wait till the 7th round, I would go to NY!! How cool to get up there and shake hands with the commish or whomever!
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.