Administrator
    vCash

Je'lon Hornbeak transferring

Didn't see it mentioned here, but it came out yesterday that Je'lon has decided to leave the team. No specific reasons were given, and it sounds like Kruger was surprised by the decision. As of right now, there is no word on where Hornbeak will end up next year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Je'lon Hornbeak transferring

that sucks
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned here, but it came out yesterday that Je'lon has decided to leave the team. No specific reasons were given, and it sounds like Kruger was surprised by the decision. As of right now, there is no word on where Hornbeak will end up next year.
    Reason: He started as a freshman the season before last, then got benched in favor of a freshman (Jordan Woodard) last season.

But I thought he had a lot of minutes and still contributed a lot too, so I can see what Lon was surprised. I guess some people just don't take being on the bench for the first time in their lives very well

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I briefly mentioned my thoughts in another thread. As far as the team goes, we could have used the extra depth and a role player. As far as him personally, I can't say sticking around would have been the best decision, and I don't blame him for not being content to be a role player that provides extra depth. He's talented enough to start at a smaller school, and potentially even be the star if the school is small enough. It's unfortunate for him, but we've got guys with similar skillsets, and those guys are just a little better, and it didn't look like that was going to change. His situation reminds me of the year we chose to redshirt Jason Detrick.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I guess he thinks he's NBA material and wants to start somewhere.

He was a good sub. Sucks to get beat out by a freshman.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

most of these kids THINK they are NBA material...he!! I have had 5'6 150 lb 2 guards that were the 7th guys off then bench on a sub .500 HS team THOUGHT they were going to the NBA.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Monmouth (yes, that Monmouth) bound.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.