Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

What's Going on with Kingsbury and his QBs?

The departures of Mayfield and Brewer have been well documented. Now the new 2nd & 3rd team QBs are leaving (both walk-ons). Looks like Vinnie Testeverde's son will be given a look in the Fall. TT does have a QB scholarship recruit coming in the Fall, but man they are one "whoops" away from a lost season. Not sure how many of the 4 QBs he ran off, but I can't believe it was all of them. While KK may be hip amongst the TT Alumni, there is clearly a disturbing pattern emerging (if you are a TT fan) in how he handles his QBs.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....n-roster.html/

Administrator
    vCash

Re: What's Going on with Kingsbury and his QBs?

Something is going on. This is now the 4th QB to leave since KK got there.

I know Tech recently got the #1 ranked QB in the country to commit, but that doesn't do them any good if Webb goes down this year. What makes this so crazy is that the kid that announced he's leaving the team today, was the only other QB on the roster (so his chances of playing at some point where pretty good). He made the decision to leave, knowing it would impact the team.

Tech has a couple of high school QBs coming on this summer, but talk about raw talent and risky...

I'd love to know what this is all about.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It's likely a stretch, but it reminds me of Steve Spurrier and his QBs at South Carolina... a revolving door where none of them are good enough, get burned out, get kicked out. Kliff's a QB, so he's going to put more pressure on QB excellence.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

K.K. is a ******'
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Well i hate to be the guy that wishes any program to be pried upon by an outside source, but id really like to know what the deal is.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Can't blame them. I could never play for anyone named Klinglesberry..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Can't blame them. I could never play for anyone named Klinglesberry..
    Ego?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Something is going on. This is now the 4th QB to leave since KK got there.

I know Tech recently got the #1 ranked QB in the country to commit, but that doesn't do them any good if Webb goes down this year. What makes this so crazy is that the kid that announced he's leaving the team today, was the only other QB on the roster (so his chances of playing at some point where pretty good). He made the decision to leave, knowing it would impact the team.

Tech has a couple of high school QBs coming on this summer, but talk about raw talent and risky...

I'd love to know what this is all about.
    Good chance they will only have one scholarship QB coming in this summer. Mahomes has a likely chance of going MLB.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

I know Brewer was a Tubberville or Leach recruit, was Mayfield? Not a shock that guys would leave after a coaching change and that position seems to have the most transition anymore even without a staff change, look how many guys have transferred out of OU after not being named the starter. Just seems to be the norm any more.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

He probably got beat By KK in a danceoff.

I guess this is the real reason Kliffy might have played in the spring game huh

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I know Brewer was a Tubberville or Leach recruit, was Mayfield? Not a shock that guys would leave after a coaching change and that position seems to have the most transition anymore even without a staff change, look how many guys have transferred out of OU after not being named the starter. Just seems to be the norm any more.
    I'd be apt to believe it was due to coaching changes if it wasn't four guys that have been on the roster for at least a year, two of which were walk-ons. Mayfield came to OU knowing he wasn't going to start.

It's perfectly normal for guys to transfer if they think they are good enough to start somewhere else, and know they won't be starting at the school they are with...that's not what's going on in Lubbock.

If you look at the guys that have left OU, it's typically been a senior that could start at another D1 school, or someone playing behind a Heisman candidate. We're talking about 4 out of 5 guys leaving to look elsewhere, without having a clue if they'll start elsewhere.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Think KK's been bangin their girlfriends?
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

The karma chickens have come to roost at TT.

vCash

Aug. 30 - Central Arkansas
    Sept. 6 - at UTEP
    Sept. 13 - Arkansas
    Sept. 20 - OPEN
    Sept. 25 - at *Oklahoma State
    Oct. 4 - at *Kansas State
    Oct. 11 - *West Virginia
    Oct. 18 - *Kansas
    Oct. 25 - at *TCU
    Nov. 1 - *Texas
    Nov. 8 - OPEN
    Nov. 15 - *Oklahoma
    Nov. 22 - at *Iowa State
    Nov. 29 - vs. *Baylor (Arlington, Texas)
    Dec. 6 - OPEN
    Heh, I see they have their annual FCS opponent this coming year (Central Arky). Other than that I see a lot of losing on this schedule. What your over/under on 6 wins? I call UNDER

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Mouthy fans.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Heh, I see they have their annual FCS opponent this coming year (Central Arky). Other than that I see a lot of losing on this schedule. What your over/under on 6 wins? I call UNDER
    Under....definitely under. I am thinking 5 wins max. Not sure about the WVU game. In lingo there.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I could see 'me winning six, maybe, out of that. Or they could win three. C. Ark, UTEP and Ark are almost assured wins. For anyone. Kansas is well, Kansas. Another couple, like WVU, are maybe's. But that's maybe lose just as easily as maybe win.

A funny scenario is their QB getting a high ankle sprain in the C. Ark game. If that happened it would not take too much imagination to see a 1 or 0 win season.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    A funny scenario is their QB getting a high ankle sprain in the C. Ark game. If that happened it would not take too much imagination to see a 1 or 0 win season.
    Don't quote me on this, but I think Brewer was supposed to be the starter last year, but his injury left the door open for a walk-on true freshmen. If Webb got hurt this year, I think they'd be in a similar situation, so I'm not quite sure the sky is falling. Of course, their walk-on now might be worse than Mayfield.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    If that happens, Kliff will pull a "Deion Sandcastle" ...or he will pull a QB from the student section after a halftime passing contest