Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

New NCAA rules for 2014 and 2015

This is interesting stuff. I can't seem to find anything anywhere that Schmitty is accredited, though he may be. Guess he'll have to be by next year, though...
    "...
    Require strength and conditioning coaches to be certified from a nationally accredited certification body;
    Require a school staff member certified in CPR, first aid and arterial external defibrillation to be present at all physical, countable athletic activities;

All of the adopted proposals are effective August 1, with the exception of the strength and conditioning coach certification requirement. The council members voted to delay until August 1, 2015 to allow coaches time to achieve their certification without their jeopardizing their employment."

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ll-being-rules

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: New NCAA rules for 2014 and 2015

I'll bet that incident at Iowa a couple of years ago had something to do with the S&C coach rule. They worked those kids so hard that they suffered muscle breakdown and the dead muscle protein caused kidney failure in a couple players. There are also the summer workouts where some player's core temperature runs out of control. We seem to lose a player or 2 nationally every season to that one.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Still no rules about the speed in the SEC.
    How will we ever compete?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I'll bet that incident at Iowa a couple of years ago had something to do with the S&C coach rule. They worked those kids so hard that they suffered muscle breakdown and the dead muscle protein caused kidney failure in a couple players. There are also the summer workouts where some player's core temperature runs out of control. We seem to lose a player or 2 nationally every season to that one.
    I had forgotten about that, but I bet you're right. This was probably something that's been on the agenda for a while. The NCAA typically moves so slow on things, I'm surprised they passed the "food rule".

S&C coaches should be certified, they greatly impact a players health.

I also like that a person that is certified in CPR must be at all team practices, along with a defibrillator.

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Can you imagine Maddog at UT trying to get certified?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouflak View Post
    Can you imagine Maddog at UT trying to get certified?
    Can you imagine getting CPR from that hog?
    posse member

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

With all these new rules its a good thing they get unlimited food and free snacks now........