Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Jameis Winston and FSU investigation

Wow. I mean, wow. If any part of this is at all accurate, I mean, wow. Florida State Booster Club has its own security force?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ston.html?_r=1

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Jameis Winston and FSU investigation

If Penn State happens somewhere else, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Florida State.

Raise your moral standards and stop treating football like it's above the law, or you're going to be facing the "death penalty" too and think a multi-year bowl ban and eight-figure settlement will be a bargain.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 opksooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'll bet the TPD is great at writing traffic tickets, though.
    .....and that's all the news from out here on the old Santa Fe Trail.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I am no longer surprirsed whatsoever by news from Florida. I used to think it was the population, the presence of a lot of high activity media outlets, whatever. But, having travelled there a lot over the past five years or so it is just the place itself. It's a drug-ridden trailer park with money.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

And please accept my apologies to drug-ridden trailer parks in other states. Most have generalized codes of conduct of far higher moral timber than the finest Florida communities.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I always love when someone breaks out their big paint brushe and goes all ape **** with it...it shows a certain lack of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Or an ability to cut to the chase.

vCash

This case smelled bad from the get-go. It blows my mind how people are always so quick to jump to the gun and just assume that the girl is lying, and call her a ho when the statistics show falsely reported rapes constitute an extremely small percentage. Not only is this a problem with the culture around sports, but the attitude towards woman American society which is completely disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

vCash

And our attitudes are far advanced compared to many places

vCash

I dint Rape that sammich maker. I just used STRONG persuasion
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by starclassic tama View Post
    This case smelled bad from the get-go. It blows my mind how people are always so quick to jump to the gun and just assume that the girl is lying, and call her a ho when the statistics show falsely reported rapes constitute an extremely small percentage. Not only is this a problem with the culture around sports, but the attitude towards woman American society which is completely disgusting.
    What about falsely reported rapes as they relate to famous people?

I don't know what happened here. The TPD definitely screwed up some parts of it, but I read all the police reports a few months back and there is no way charges should've been brought.

My biggest concern from that article is why the FSU Athletic Dept. is paying the bills for their football players' bb gun games.

Administrator
    vCash

There is a "football first" mentality at most big time schools, OU included. There's nothing wrong with that, unless it goes to the top. That was the environment in Norman in the late 80's, and at some point the monster couldn't be contained and things were truly out of control. I wonder if that's what is happening in Tallahassee...

There have been professors from FSU go on record about the internal mentality and pressure they are under to keep players eligible. Again, this probably goes on at most schools, but not to the degree the FSU professors discuss. When you have people opening up to the media about it, and they are still employees of the school, that speaks volumes.

As for Winston, only the two involved know what actually happened, and I'm not sure we'll ever get the actual story.

Administrator
    vCash

It worked both ways though. A lot of people were quick to stand up for the girl too.

Sounds like the investigation was terrible, and as I said above, only the two that were involved know the truth, and we'll probably never know what actually happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie:4501847
    What about falsely reported rapes as they relate to famous people?
    I don't consider people who have never played a college football game famous. And as far as reading the police report, of course charges shouldn't have been filed based on that. Any evidence that existed was suppressed and never saw the light of day.
    The only question I have concerning [Griffin] and Griner is who has the bigger dick?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't consider people who have never played a college football game famous. And as far as reading the police report, of course charges shouldn't have been filed based on that. Any evidence that existed was suppressed and never saw the light of day.
    Winston was as famous in Tallahassee as Adrian Peterson was in Norman before he played a down. 80,000+ plus people stood and cheered the first time Peterson took the field as a FR. I'm not implying that was a factor in this case, but's it's a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79:4502768
    Winston was as famous in Tallahassee as Adrian Peterson was in Norman before he played a down. 80,000+ plus people stood and cheered the first time Peterson took the field as a FR. I'm not implying that was a factor in this case, but's it's a fact.
    Yeah, I'm sure she subjected herself to the horrors of a rape kit right after it happened so she could obtain the glamorous lifestyle of "girl raped by five star recruit who will be harassed until she is basically kicked off campus." Or was it the $13.79 in his bank account meant for the taco bell in his dorm that she was after?

vCash

Yeah, I'm sure she subjected herself to the horrors of a rape kit right after it happened so she could obtain the glamorous lifestyle of "girl raped by five star recruit who will be harassed until she is basically kicked off campus." Or was it the $13.79 in his bank account meant for the taco bell in his dorm that she was after?
    Did I in anyway imply that, smarty pants? I just said these guys *are* famous - at least on the local level. How many of the 43k people at the spring game knew who Mixon was? He sure was signing a lot of autographs for a kid who not even on the team yet. And I'd bet real money he could have managed a date that night if he'd been so inclined; based on his fame and not on the total in his bank account.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

If this is as dirty as it looks FSU
    should receive the same type of
    punishment that Penn State received.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    I always love when someone breaks out their big paint brushe and goes all ape **** with it...it shows a certain lack of intelligence.
    Defending your home state, eh Tampa? Fair enough

I imagine that there is a bit of a culture clash going on around Florida though --- former Confederate state, an escape haven from Cuba, a lot of wealthy people that like avoiding income taxes, retirees that like sunshine instead of snow, and vacationers that like oceans. Add football in the mix and you've got a Hydra on your hands, eh?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Defending your home state, eh Tampa? Fair enough

I imagine that there is a bit of a culture clash going on around Florida though --- former Confederate state, an escape haven from Cuba, a lot of wealthy people that like avoiding income taxes, retirees that like sunshine instead of snow, and vacationers that like oceans. Add football in the mix and you've got a Hydra on your hands, eh?
    You forgot all the citizen gunslingers just hopin' that someone makes their day.