Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frank Shannon

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Frank Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Do you honestly think Stoops ever feels pressure?
    I don't think he will look to Pinkel for answers.
    Everyone feels pressure. Some people just don't look like they do.

Administrator
    vCash

There's a big difference in this versus what happened with DGB. As an example, in the DGB incident, his "girlfriend" sent a bunch of text messages to the alleged victim begging her not to go to police. In one of her text messages, she mentions that DGB pulled her by the neck and "hurt" her, and still asked the girl not to report the incident. Then there's the fact that DGB had already been arrested twice prior. As far as I know, Shannon has never been in trouble in the past.

If the D.A. isn't going to pursue the matter, and the girl isn't going to pursue the matter, then what else would Stoops do? If the school clears Shannon, he'll play next year.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Everyone feels pressure. Some people just don't look like they do.
    I really think Stoops' actions after the Cotton Bowl embarrassment suggested he felt pressure. It might have just been pressure that he put on himself, as he really, really looks like he hates to lose.

If the D.A. isn't going to pursue the matter, and the girl isn't going to pursue the matter, then what else would Stoops do? If the school clears Shannon, he'll play next year.
    If I had to guess, Stoops is going to leave this over the players' heads like a swinging scythe during the offseason to keep them all in line. If a key contributor to the defense is going to be questioned for off-field actions, so are you. In short, you are not at Florida State.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I really think Stoops' actions after the Cotton Bowl embarrassment suggested he felt pressure. It might have just been pressure that he put on himself, as he really, really looks like he hates to lose.

If I had to guess, Stoops is going to leave this over the players' heads like a swinging scythe during the offseason to keep them all in line. If a key contributor to the defense is going to be questioned for off-field actions, so are you. In short, you are not at Florida State.
    For the most part, I think the current team is pretty solid (when it comes to character issues). This is obviously a big deal, but it could amount to nothing. I think the tone was set a few years back with the suspensions and reinforced last year with Williams getting the boot. I suspect the team knows the consequences pretty well, but any time you get a large group of 18-21 year old men together for any significant length of time (coupled with the sketchy areas some of these kids come from), there's bound to be an issue here or there.

But I'm sure there is a "tread lightly" feeling among the players right now. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.