Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Shannon

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Frank Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerJack View Post
    From Jeepman above "This just kills me...good grief. 15 minutes, heck on a great night 2 hours of pleasure for a lifetime of issues. WRAP THE FRICKIN THING UP...or don't do it~ "

How do you make it last two hours ????

Part of the time you have to pretend like you're not having fun.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

I guess we now know why.. Doesn't look good..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerwake View Post
    I guess we now know why.. Doesn't look good..
    Did I miss something?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Did I miss something?
    It's posted on land thieves that Shannon has been accused of sexual assault(not rape) against another student. The one link I followed contained a he said/she said story. Wonderful.

http://newsok.com/article/4012717

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

OUCH...much bigger issues than a baby mama

NORMAN — Oklahoma starting linebacker Frank Shannon has been accused of sexually assaulting a female student at his off-campus apartment Jan. 20, according to a Title IX sexual misconduct allegation report obtained by The Oklahoman.

Under Title IX, claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, misconduct and assault brought to the attention of most university staff must be reported. Norman Police are investigating the incident, but had no comment on Wednesday night.

As of Wednesday night, no record of charges had been filed with the Cleveland County District Court.

Shannon was the leading tackler on an Oklahoma team that defeated two-time defending national champion Alabama in the Sugar Bowl nearly four months ago.
    Shannon did not practice with the team Thursday and did not participate in Saturday’s spring football game on Owen Field. OU coach Bob Stoops said Shannon was dealing with “personal issues.”

According to the report, the woman alleges that after a party, she intended to walk home. Shannon offered her a ride, but said he first needed to drop off friends near his apartment.
    Shannon allegedly took the woman into his bedroom. According to the complaint, he came up behind her, pulled down her pants and attempted to have sex with her.
    The complainant said Shannon became frustrated when she wouldn’t cooperate.

Shannon allegedly asked if she was menstruating, and when she said yes, he went to the bathroom. At that time, she left and met a friend in the parking lot, whom the woman had texted to come get her. The friend called the police.
    According to the report, Shannon said the woman laid on top of him, kissed him and removed her own clothing. Shannon said he asked if she was menstruating, and that the woman said, “No,” at which point they argued about it and Shannon left to go to the bathroom.

The report states that Shannon said the woman is accusing him because she wanted to set him up for a rape charge, or that she was embarrassed that he wouldn’t have sex with her.
    The report includes text messages between the woman and the friend who called police. In that conversation, the woman said she was raped.
    Also, a few hours later, the friend sent the woman a text message apologizing for calling the police, saying she only did it to protect her.

The woman responded, saying the “last thing” her sorority needs is this kind of media attention involving the football team.
    Shannon has been accused of violating the University of Oklahoma’s Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination and Harassment Policy.
    OU spokesman Pete Moris said the athletics department is declining comment at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sounds pretty fishy to me.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Sounds pretty fishy to me.....
    Prolly SMELLED fishy to Frank.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hopefully Norman PD and the University investigate fully and bring the issue to a close one way or the other. Examples need to be set.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

http://newsok.com/chesapeake-ceo-dec...rticle/4022253

D.A. declines to prosecute OU's Frank Shannon; School to determine his future

D.A. declines to prosecute OU's Frank Shannon; School to determine his future
    by Jason Kersey and Nolan Clay Modified: April 17, 2014 at 10:39 am • Published: April 17, 2014

NORMAN - Prosecutors weeks ago declined to file sexual assault charges against Oklahoma starting linebacker Frank Shannon, Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn said Thursday.
    Photo - University of Oklahoma player Frank Shannon scores a touchdown April 13 during the annual spring game at Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman. Photo by Steve Sisney, The Oklahoman
    University of Oklahoma player Frank Shannon scores a touchdown April 13 during the annual spring game at Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman. Photo by Steve Sisney, The Oklahoman

The district attorney said Shannon was not charged based on the woman's wishes at the time and based on the facts that were presented.

He explained the woman said she did not want Shannon prosecuted. He also said it was unclear from the accounts of both the woman and the player "what had actually taken place."

Shannon's future at the University of Oklahoma will be determined through an appeals process there over the allegation that he sexually assaulted a female student at his off-campus apartment early on the morning of Jan. 20.

According to a Title IX sexual misconduct allegation report obtained by The Oklahoman, Shannon has been accused of attempting to forcibly have sex with a woman in his bedroom after the two left a party together.

Norman Police said police are investigating the matter, but declined comment and refused to release the incident report Wednesday night. The department also hasn't returned phone calls Thursday morning.

Mashburn said police have not re-presented anything to his office. He said of OU's action: "What they do as far as a school goes is totally separate and apart from a criminal investigation and charges."

Under Title IX, claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, misconduct and assault brought to the attention of most university staff must be reported.

Reached by telephone Thursday morning, Laura Palk in the OU Sexual Misconduct Office said she couldn't comment on disciplinary matters, but did offer a general overview of the process when a student is accused of violating the university's Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination and Harassment Policy.

When a complaint is received, the Sexual Misconduct Office begins an investigation entirely independent of any criminal investigation. Once it has been determined that a policy violation has likely occured, an investigative report is forwarded to the student conduct office.

The student conduct office meets with the accused student and recommends sanctions, which can be appealed to a disciplinary panel. That decision can be appealed as well.

Palk said a student can be found to have violated the Sexual Misconduct, Discrimination and Harassment Policy, even if criminal charges are never filed.

Shannon, a Dallas native, was Oklahoma's leading tackler last season and has appeared in 25 career games over the past two seasons, with 15 starts. He didn't practice with the team Thursday, nor did he participate in Saturday's spring game.

After the game, OU coach Bob Stoops said Shannon was dealing with "personal issues."

The district attorney said he was not personally involved in the decision not to file charges against Shannon and only became aware of the decision this week.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Rarely have I read a less informative article. It literally made my head hurt to try and parse what the writers were struggling to communicate. I'll just take the headline and wait for someone else to have a go at it.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Rarely have I read a less informative article. It literally made my head hurt to try and parse what the writers were struggling to communicate. I'll just take the headline and wait for someone else to have a go at it.
    Here's another go i guess

at least it's offseason drama i guess. gives coaches a few months to stadium-step any wishes to mistreat women/drive drunk/publicly urinate/etc out of players

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder if Stoops will feel pressure to handle this the way Pinkel handled the DGB situation.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Do you honestly think Stoops ever feels pressure?
    I don't think he will look to Pinkel for answers.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Do you honestly think Stoops ever feels pressure?
    I don't think he will look to Pinkel for answers.
    Even I felt Stoops' pressure after last year's (technically it was in 2013) Cotton Bowl. He made a lot of coaching changes, cut some guys loose and voila! I now have a Sugar Bowl t-shirt after one of the greatest Stoops bowl games ever.

And yeah, we should never look to anything from Missouri for answers, unless the question is "fullback recruit," in which case I was very happy with Trey
    Last edited by badger; 4/17/2014 at 01:14 PM.

vCash

I'm not surprised the DA is not pressing charges. Even if you take the women's story as gospel, there wasn't much there from a criminal perspective. (I'm talking about the newsok article). I have no clue how the university will handle it. The DBG situation involved violence (push down stairs) and a witness along with previous behavior problems. It doesn't seem similar with the caveat there is so little information available in the Shannon case.

vCash

So in sum, horny college kid tries to get laid and is rebuffed.

Good grief, if every guy got jailed for an unwanted drunken advance, there wouldn't be any men living outside of jail cells.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

I am curious if the victim is required to file the complaint with the university, if it can be done by someone else, i.e. a witness, athletic department, etc., or if they will open an investigation based on the story in the newspaper.

And, I can't help but think that yesterday's "headlines" of the investigation, and today's story about the DA not filing charges weren't publicized the way they were for circulation. I mean, print a big headline about an OU football starter being investigated one day, and then follow-up the next day with the "rest of the story". I imagine that the Oklahoman people already knew that charges wouldn't be filed yesterday, but conveniently left that out until today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    So in sum, horny college kid tries to get laid and is rebuffed.

Good grief, if every guy got jailed for an unwanted drunken advance, there wouldn't be any men living outside of jail cells.
    Id Be doing Life without parole.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Yeah...nothing to see here.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerwake View Post
    I am curious if the victim is required to file the complaint with the university, if it can be done by someone else, i.e. a witness, athletic department, etc., or if they will open an investigation based on the story in the newspaper.

And, I can't help but think that yesterday's "headlines" of the investigation, and today's story about the DA not filing charges weren't publicized the way they were for circulation. I mean, print a big headline about an OU football starter being investigated one day, and then follow-up the next day with the "rest of the story". I imagine that the Oklahoman people already knew that charges wouldn't be filed yesterday, but conveniently left that out until today.
    Nope, student doesn't have to file complaint. Now that the school knows, the school is obligated to respond. I quote: "A school must do something about harassment that it knows about or reasonably should know about. If harassment is reported, or if it is widespread or well-known to students and staff, the school has to respond. A school is required investigate the harassment in a prompt, thorough, and fair way. If a school determines that sexual harassment has occurred, it must take effective steps to end the harassment and prevent it from happening again."

http://www.nwlc.org/resource/title-i...-faqs-students