Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerKnight's Avatar
    vCash

Re: For those that were there...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I definitely thought Mayfield looked good...but was he going against 2's? 3's? mix. TK didn't look good...even his throws were all behind...but then again it's spring ball. With 18 starters out...who knows.
    It looked like he was hurried. The was getting to him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Mark, I think he just loses THIS year dont he? He played Last year fer TT, sit out this one an have 2 left. I think im right but hell I been wrong before.
    Last I heard, he loses one for the transfer (NCAA) and one to the XII because Tech are pricks. So, he can use one of those as redshirt, and that gives him 2 years of eligibility.

Even losing ONE year is ridiculous. The guy was a walk-on!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Last I heard, he loses one for the transfer (NCAA) and one to the XII because Tech are pricks. So, he can use one of those as redshirt, and that gives him 2 years of eligibility.

Even losing ONE year is ridiculous. The guy was a walk-on!
    Agreed he shouldnt Lose any, But Im still confused, He played last year and If he sits this year he will be eligible to play next and then the following so hes only losing THIS year.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Agreed he shouldnt Lose any, But Im still confused, He played last year and If he sits this year he will be eligible to play next and then the following so hes only losing THIS year.
    Well, based on the little bit of reporting I'm seeing on it, you're right. He's eligible for 2015. So that's HUGE, IMO. Heck, I thought he had to give up 2014 to the NCAA and 2015 to XII. Sucks he can't redshirt, but it still gives him 2 years. I'm pretty sure Dave Lampam in the pre-game said the same thing (sitting out the next 2 years).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Well, based on the little bit of reporting I'm seeing on it, you're right. He's eligible for 2015. So that's HUGE, IMO. Heck, I thought he had to give up 2014 to the NCAA and 2015 to XII. Sucks he can't redshirt, but it still gives him 2 years. I'm pretty sure Dave Lampam in the pre-game said the same thing (sitting out the next 2 years).
    Did ya consider the Source LOL?
    I think what he appeald was the sittin out even the 1 year since he was a walkon
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think the guy ever sees the field unless on senior day we are up 300-0
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Haven't watched him much, but you seem very critical of him. Does he have a bad arm?

Administrator
    vCash

Knight didn't look particularly great, but I have no worries based on what, 15 passes in a spring game?! To echo what has been said earlier, missing so many starters on the offensive side of the ball is also a contributor. I don't expect Knight to play like he did in the Sugar Bowl in every game this year, but I expect him to be more consistent and since he has shown what he can do, I'm sure we'll see a a leader and solid QB.

I also think the defense had a lot to do with how Knight looked. This defense is going to be special. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player off the edge, like Striker, at the college level. Also, I think we're going to be in really good shape in the secondary. Sanchez is going to be great, and whether it's Taylor or Austin at the other corner (I think Cortez Johnson is going to see less time this year), we'll be solid. We almost have an embarrassment of riches at safety and along the d-line. It's certainly going to be fun to watch.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Knight didn't look particularly great, but I have no worries based on what, 15 passes in a spring game?! To echo what has been said earlier, missing so many starters on the offensive side of the ball is also a contributor. I don't expect Knight to play like he did in the Sugar Bowl in every game this year, but I expect him to be more consistent and since he has shown what he can do, I'm sure we'll see a a leader and solid QB.

I also think the defense had a lot to do with how Knight looked. This defense is going to be special. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player off the edge, like Striker, at the college level. Also, I think we're going to be in really good shape in the secondary. Sanchez is going to be great, and whether it's Taylor or Austin at the other corner (I think Cortez Johnson is going to see less time this year), we'll be solid. We almost have an embarrassment of riches at safety and along the d-line. It's certainly going to be fun to watch.
    I agree about striker the dude is super special......he needs a nickname like the scud missle. lol

vCash

Attachment 2802

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    link no werky

vCash

link no werky
    I know how these dang computers work down to the transistor level, but I'm terrible at using applications. Probably because I'm sick of programming all day and just want to ride my bike when I go home. It was just the standard dumb and dumber "so you're telling me there's a chance" pic.

vCash

I know how these dang computers work down to the transistor level, but I'm terrible at using applications. Probably because I'm sick of programming all day and just want to ride my bike when I go home. It was just the standard dumb and dumber "so you're telling me there's a chance" pic.
    Heh

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    We could afford to give each kid a couple thousand dollars so that they don't have to go to bed hungry.
    No player is forced to go to bed hungry. That is just B.S.

And, yes, we could afford to give each kid a couple of thousand dollars. The majority of the mid majors can't. While we're in the same division we all have to play by the same rules. If you really want a small stipend for players then push hard for a split in FBS. That's the only way it's going to happen.

vCash

Don't you hate it when people assume that you know all about how to use a particular software program, get rid of their computer virus, tether a phone or whatever just because you have an EE/CS background? When someone asks me to do these things I look it up on YouTube just like everyone else. :-)

Anyway, no more off-topic posts from me. Back to football...

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Haven't watched him much, but you seem very critical of him. Does he have a bad arm?
    I watched him a lot last year.. And he was monster against SMU and Stephen F Austin...But every game afterwards was very mediocre.. I don't think he fits our offense..Now if we are talking backup potential, yes..I can that somewhat. But I truly don't think he wants to start.

people keep telling me was big 12 offensive freshman of the year and that is a big deal..name off the people in the running for that.. The guy had 5TDs/9INTs after those first 2 games..In an offense like what TT runs, that is horrible.
    Bazinga

vCash

I watched him a lot last year.. And he was monster against SMU and Stephen F Austin...But every game afterwards was very mediocre.. I don't think he fits our offense..Now if we are talking backup potential, yes..I can that somewhat. But I truly don't think he wants to start.

people keep telling me was big 12 offensive freshman of the year and that is a big deal..name off the people in the running for that.. The guy had 5TDs/9INTs after those first 2 games..In an offense like what TT runs, that is horrible.
    I was very surprise Mayfield got so many snaps. I'm guessing he is considered important for running the scout team this coming season. It may also show how much weight the coaches put into the spring game vs. how much the fans try to read into it.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The Price of those concessions gripes me. Took my Grandsons, gave em 40 bucks they got 3 waters a couple soft drinks and 2 frozen lemon deals, I got back a nickle and some small change.
    I understand wanting to keep a place with tens of thousands of people safe, but I have yet to hear of any dangerous water bottles being used to cause other people harm... unless you are worried they'll chuck it at the field completely full? Couldn't they also do that with one they purchase inside the stadium?

If you don't mind warm awful tasting Norman water, I think they still allow you to take in empty water bottles to fill at fountains

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I understand wanting to keep a place with tens of thousands of people safe, but I have yet to hear of any dangerous water bottles being used to cause other people harm... unless you are worried they'll chuck it at the field completely full? Couldn't they also do that with one they purchase inside the stadium?

If you don't mind warm awful tasting Norman water, I think they still allow you to take in empty water bottles to fill at fountains
    I was commenting More on the fact that a Person has to throw away water just to be forced to buy more on their side of the gates. That and looking thru every womans purse and Making Men take off their Hats. . Its prolly my Last game Kinda like the TSA has gone to far in MHO I prolly Never fly again either.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We could afford to give each kid a couple thousand dollars so that they don't have to go to bed hungry.

Really? Which player on our roster would that be? 100% of them are in much better shape than you or I. Please post when you read or hear about the first OU player EVER going hungry.