Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

For those that were there...

Was the crowd rowdy? The feild looked awesome on dvr. I had to work so I missed the game. From what I seen mayfeild looked pretty dang good. Is he going to challenge knight in a few years when he can play?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: For those that were there...

I wasn't there, but watched it on TV.

Thoughts......

Lots of energy by both the newcomers and the vets (see Striker)

With QB Knight's propensity to get injured I wanted to see the backups perform. I was impressed with all of them.

I enjoyed the receivers catching the ball as they stopped and turned but I'd rather see them catching it in stride.

Defense on both teams looked good and ready to play. I wanted to see pressure up the middle. Saw it as well as off the ends.

I'm very hopeful for next season. I hope Flowers's knee wasn't hurt bad.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDomiNation View Post
    Was the crowd rowdy? The feild looked awesome on dvr. I had to work so I missed the game. From what I seen mayfeild looked pretty dang good. Is he going to challenge knight in a few years when he can play?
    Crowd? not so Loud But decent foe only 45K er soI was Impressed with EVEY QB we have EXCEPT TK . He was throwin in the dirt , to the D , way in front, way behind.
    We will see,
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Sup with Frank Shannon and his personal issues?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Loud for a spring game? I used to go to get some rays and relax.
    Not getting loud at a spring game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I came away wishing Mayfield was eligible this year. Not as starter, but as what would be an extremely dependable backup. Guy looked very, very solid. I can't believe as a walk-on the guy loses 2 years of eligibility. That's just effin criminal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I came away wishing Mayfield was eligible this year. Not as starter, but as what would be an extremely dependable backup. Guy looked very, very solid. I can't believe as a walk-on the guy loses 2 years of eligibility. That's just effin criminal.
    Mark, I think he just loses THIS year dont he? He played Last year fer TT, sit out this one an have 2 left. I think im right but hell I been wrong before.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Largest attendance ever! It is never LOUD at the spring game, but when a good play is made, plenty of appreciation could be heard. Striker looked like Striker, you always want the defense to look better than the offense! But I agree, the QBs looked good, of course TK didn't do much, but he was playing against the first string defense, and since he wasn't allowed to run, and the receivers were dropping the passes. Sanchez looked very good.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Bigger than '01? Awesome.

Yes 43,500+and 2001 or 2003 only had 40,300. Shows you how stupid OSU is by not having a spring game. Do the math $5 or $10 admittance plus concessions, it really does make a diifference.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Bigger than '01? Awesome.
    43,500, reported that the Largest since Bob has been here.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    Yes 43,500+and 2001 or 2003 only had 40,300. Shows you how stupid OSU is by not having a spring game. Do the math $5 or $10 admittance plus concessions, it really does make a diifference.
    We could afford to give each kid a couple thousand dollars so that they don't have to go to bed hungry.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Fun fact: More people attended OU's spring game than each of OSU's first two regular season games last year against Mississippi State and UTSA.*

*Of course, those games were not in Stillwater**

**Of course, the 2014 OSU spring football game reportedly only drew 2500.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PrideMom View Post
    Yes 43,500+and 2001 or 2003 only had 40,300. Shows you how stupid OSU is by not having a spring game. Do the math $5 or $10 admittance
    plus concessions
    , it really does make a diifference.
    The Price of those concessions gripes me. Took my Grandsons, gave em 40 bucks they got 3 waters a couple soft drinks and 2 frozen lemon deals, I got back a nickle and some small change.

Plus Every one was pretty much Searched at the gate. wimens prses were looked into Men had to take their hats off so they could make sure ya wernt smugglin in any water. Ya had to toss away water you were carrying Just so you would Buy water in side for 3.50 a bottle.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    The Price of those concessions gripes me. Took my Grandsons, gave em 40 bucks they got 3 waters a couple soft drinks and 2 frozen lemon deals, I got back a nickle and some small change.

Plus Every one was pretty much Searched at the gate. wimens prses were looked into Men had to take their hats off so they could make sure ya wernt smugglin in any water. Ya had to toss away water you were carrying Just so you would Buy water in side for 3.50 a bottle.
    Yup they are a lil crazy with their pricing. I'm still ticked I didn't get any ovj..... dam job.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDomiNation View Post
    Yup they are a lil crazy with their pricing. I'm still ticked I didn't get any ovj..... dam job.
    Met 3 folks there that wanted a Taste. Oh well.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Met 3 folks there that wanted a Taste. Oh well.
    LOL

F

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I think I saw ovj last night on Alfred Hitchcock presents...this guy was absolutely loaded off two shooters. Looked like a good time was had. Then he died.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I definitely thought Mayfield looked good...but was he going against 2's? 3's? mix. TK didn't look good...even his throws were all behind...but then again it's spring ball. With 18 starters out...who knows.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!