Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Re: For those that were there...

Ima thinkin yer broken er sompun.

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I watched him a lot last year.. And he was monster against SMU and Stephen F Austin...But every game afterwards was very mediocre.. I don't think he fits our offense..Now if we are talking backup potential, yes..I can that somewhat. But I truly don't think he wants to start.

people keep telling me was big 12 offensive freshman of the year and that is a big deal..name off the people in the running for that.. The guy had 5TDs/9INTs after those first 2 games..In an offense like what TT runs, that is horrible.
    That's kind of how I felt about him. I just didn't know if I was missing something, because he has plenty of time to develop, and I felt it would be generous to call our QB play mediocre for most of last year. With guys like Thomas and Hansen coming in, I doubt we'll be in a position like last year anytime soon, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Ima thinkin yer broken er sompun.

This. I was mainly poking fun at Napier's comments. He was a ton of fun to watch play in the tournament, but I cringe everytime he opens his mouth. For some reason people actually believed him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    This. I was mainly poking fun at Napier's comments. He was a ton of fun to watch play in the tournament, but I cringe everytime he opens his mouth. For some reason people actually believed him.
    I can tell sarcasm Most of the time LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I was very surprise Mayfield got so many snaps. I'm guessing he is considered important for running the scout team this coming season. It may also show how much weight the coaches put into the spring game vs. how much the fans try to read into it.
    This all over..If we start naming off stars from a spring game..Trey Metoyer anyone?...

I know no one was saying he was a superstar, but I saw a bleacher report calling Mayfield "the future of OU football" and I just snapped..that along with my country friends who went to the game who come back just to say "who they discovered" at the spring game.
    Bazinga

vCash

This all over..If we start naming off stars from a spring game..Trey Metoyer anyone?...

I know no one was saying he was a superstar, but I saw a bleacher report calling Mayfield "the future of OU football" and I just snapped..that along with my country friends who went to the game who come back just to say "who they discovered" at the spring game.
    I never thot BM would make IT but he did look good. Not to worried about TK cause like has been said He wasnt allowed to do much an dint need to.The other Young guys were tryin to show their stuff to earn the 2 Job.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Eh, his game experience was evident in a certain smoothness to his execution. And he looked quite competent. Beyond that I wasn't blown away; but neither do I condemn the guy. He may never start, but that's not to say he can't contribute. Who knows? He may even earn a schollie someday.
    Live and let live, peaceout, it's all good.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I watched him a lot last year.. And he was monster against SMU and Stephen F Austin...But every game afterwards was very mediocre.. I don't think he fits our offense..Now if we are talking backup potential, yes..I can that somewhat. But I truly don't think he wants to start.

people keep telling me was big 12 offensive freshman of the year and that is a big deal..name off the people in the running for that.. The guy had 5TDs/9INTs after those first 2 games..In an offense like what TT runs, that is horrible.
    How many true freshman walk on QBs have u seen in your lifetime that were Big 8/12 newcomers of the year? Not saying I disagree with u but let's give the kid some time before we throw him under the bus.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HateTheWhorns View Post
    How many true freshman walk on QBs have u seen in your lifetime that were Big 8/12 newcomers of the year? Not saying I disagree with u but let's give the kid some time before we throw him under the bus.
    Just a Hunch on My ole Ignorant hillbillys part, But I'd wager a fair amount STEP knows a Heap more about Football and the Players than you and any 2 of yer friends.
    jes sayin.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

He was definitely exposed.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I was exposed once! Got arrested!!!!!!!. Now I stay on my Hill.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HateTheWhorns View Post
    He did not win newcomer of the year..He won offensive freshman of the year..
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I find most freshmen to be offensive.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    He had a load of talent, but he blew it.