Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: obama getting the women vote for the dems...

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    So who's against it?

Well, the Senate Republicans voted against it. For the 3rd time.

Both Oklahoma Senators voted against it.

They must represent the citizens of Oklahoma, I suppose.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

It's sad this issue is being politicized.

It should be a simple human rights issue. All men (and women) are created equal.

Same work, same pay.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

5-0
    Without even looking at the cases you mentioned, I would guess the votes were for business owners being able to run their own shop without a new government dictate. You are one who gravitates to new laws constantly restricting the freedom of the private sector. Little wonder you find more dictates more compelling than limiting government to the activities proscribed for it.

So, you double up with a condemnation of the republicans in office, and the people of Oklahoma. A twofer
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

It's sad this issue is being politicized.

It should be a simple human rights issue. All men (and women) are created equal.

Same work, same pay.

5-0
    It is most definitely being politicized, but not in the way I think that you are implying. This is a decent article talking about some of the factors that need to be considered.
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...83752909957472

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I have never, ever seen a woman get payed less than a man for doing the same work if they both have the same length of service in the job. Never. I defy 5-0 to give any specific evidence of this happening..
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

5-0
    Oh you mean another unnecessary law. I thought you were talking about some real conspiracy by men to shortchange women.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

definitely not AGAINST it...but I am AGAINST the gov dictating to businesses....and as far as politicizing it...lol..you got to be kidding me? ummm OBAMA is doing it.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I have never, ever seen a woman get payed less than a man for doing the same work if they both have the same length of service in the job. Never. I defy 5-0 to give any specific evidence of this happening..
    Welp, I'm not 5-0 but EVERY study quoted sez women are paid .77 cents to each man's 1.00.
    You can look at CEO's...women vs men...a woman's pay is always less than a man's in the same
    position. This thread is an amazing argument about nothing. Fact is, whatever the job is, whoever
    is doing the job should be paid the same for the same work.

As to legislative versus executive order, I'd ask if the party in power is reversed, don't you think
    a Pub would do what he believes is right with executive orders, since this FRICKIN' congress can't
    collectively wipe its own arse because they argue over which paper to use?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Welp, I'm not 5-0 but EVERY study quoted sez women are paid .77 cents to each man's 1.00.
    You can look at CEO's...women vs men...a woman's pay is always less than a man's in the same
    position. This thread is an amazing argument about nothing. Fact is, whatever the job is, whoever

As to legislative versus executive order, I'd ask if the party in power is reversed, don't you think
    a Pub would do what he believes is right with executive orders, since this FRICKIN' congress can't
    Still suck'n on Obammy's scrotum eh?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Figure the libs won't read it....so I posted the best part~

While the BLS reports that full-time female workers earned 81% of full-time males, that is very different than saying that women earned 81% of what men earned for doing the same jobs, while working the same hours, with the same level of risk, with the same educational background and the same years of continuous, uninterrupted work experience, and assuming no gender differences in family roles like child care. In a more comprehensive study that controlled for most of these relevant variables simultaneously—such as that from economists June and Dave O'Neill for the American Enterprise Institute in 2012—nearly all of the 23% raw gender pay gap cited by Mr. Obama can be attributed to factors other than discrimination. The O'Neills conclude that, "labor market discrimination is unlikely to account for more than 5% but may not be present at all."
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

You should read the link that I posted.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    You should read the link that I posted.

I read the article of 2 persons' opinions and it supports both sides.

The numbers opposed to equality seem to rely on 'other' factors against same pay for same work.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

I read the article of 2 persons' opinions and it supports both sides.

The numbers opposed to equality seem to rely on 'other' factors against same pay for same work.

5-0
    Those opinions cite the Bureau of Labor and Statistics and the US Census Bureau. If you choose to ignore those other factors, you should stop using the catch phrase of same pay for same work.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Our board's Leftist posters aren't about to admit their thinking is flawed. Admitting something like that is very hard to face.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 4/9/2014 at 11:51 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Minority women, that's true. Of course, minority men vote overwhelmingly dem too. Obama lost white women vs Mitt. In fact, he lost about every white demographic there was in 2012.
    that seems unlikely given these numbers:

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_fac...GGPresVote.pdf

but i'd be willing to look at something that says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You are truly an amazing person in so much as your resentment and dislike of certain segments of this country is deep and sustaining.
    what resentment is presented by the fact that women prefer to vote Dem?

maybe the legitimate GOP votes were shut down

to be honest, i think the equal pay thing is bull****, other than the pay disclosure bit. keeping everyone in the dark seems awful easy for management to screw people.

i'd be willing to accept that women put themselves into a position where they choose family over a career and don't advance the same, or make the same commission/bonuses. i would also be willing to bet that they might not negotiate a salary as well.

they also don't choose fields that pay as much. that .77 to a dollar stat seems pretty dubious to me.

if you want to have a chat about "diversity" you can see more how much of a "mouthpiece for the left" i really am

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Thanks, TF, you don't disappoint....

I've seen a couple of responses to my post but nobody seems to think a Pub, in the
    same situation, wouldn't use executive orders for what he/she thinks is right.

I read the WSJ article, Scout, and some of the points are salient but I have a hard
    time accepting everything a Murdoch publication has to say. It appears as though
    there is a difference in the pay, for a lot of reasons, but still a difference. The amount
    of the difference seems to be the argument.

And, from a 42 year personal experience in hiring and firing I can tell you there is a
    difference in what women are paid for the EXACT same work, the EXACT same number
    of hours per week, period. Yes, I can say that some bosses have said, implied, enforced
    the idea of hiring a woman because he CAN pay her less.

vCash

Here's one for all the Doctors out there.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katetayl...e-the-pay-gap/

Here's another one, a bit more 'specialized'........

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/a...tor-27128.html

"Males earned an average of 32 percent more than females".

Another one.......across the Board female physicians are paid less. I'm sure in every instance it was because the men had more years experience.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...pensation.html

OK, one more. It's an older article but they show that the gender wage gap is widening.

http://www.amwa-doc.org/news/gender-...-pay-widening/

Lastly, this one is specific to one female who was paid less despite her seniority of years working.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...t-16-more.html

The AMA did their own study and acknowledged a gap exists, tho lots of reasons why.

5-0
    Last edited by hawaii 5-0; 4/9/2014 at 10:07 PM.
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Administrator
    vCash

position.
    This thread is an amazing argument about nothing. Fact is, whatever the job is, whoever

If we're talking Fortune 500 CEO's then I don't feel sorry for any of them, regardless of gender.

The top paid female CEO in the country is Marissa Mayer (Yahoo! CEO). Poor thing only made $36 million (plus stock benefits) last year. I'm sorry, but I don't give two ****s about how much men -vs- women CEO's make. They agreed to their contracts, and if they are okay with them, I could care less.

I've seen the same reports you're referring to (or heard them), and I can honestly say I've never personally seen/met a female that makes less than her male counterpart with the same credentials.

This is about elections.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

This is about elections.

Ya got that right. Due to the timing it's pretty obvious. I still believe there's a pay gap. I just picked on the Medical Field due to FaninAma's interest, but I'm sure it exists in other fields as well.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    This is about deceit to influence elections.
    FIFY