Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: obama getting the women vote for the dems...

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    that seems unlikely given these numbers:

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_fac...GGPresVote.pdf

but i'd be willing to look at something that says otherwise
    3. White women. In his Nov. 12 analysis, Bolger discounted the idea of a Republican problem with women:

The first thing I want to point out about the exit polls is that Mitt Romney won white women by 14 points—56%-42%. … So, the next time you hear Republicans are struggling with “women”—push back with that. Yes, the GOP is getting killed with minority women—4% with African American women, 23% with Latino women—but the whole “war on women cost Romney the election” is simply not true.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...me_voters.html

WHAT’S UP WITH WHITE WOMEN? THEY VOTED FOR ROMNEY, TOO

But the fact remains that white females, taken as a whole, went solidly Republican. While the overall gender gap played a significant role in ensuring Obama’s reëlection, it didn’t have very much to do with white women, who remain one of the bulwarks of the Republican Party.

You don’t believe me? Here are some figures from this year’s exit poll, which the Edison Research company conducts for a consortium of media companies, and from previous ones. In 2004, Bush got fifty-five per cent of the white female vote, and Kerry got forty-four per cent—a “reverse gender gap” (one working in the G.O.P.’s favor) of eleven points. In 2008, McCain got fifty-three per cent of the white female vote, and Obama got forty-six per cent—a gap of seven points. Compared to four years earlier, the reverse gender gap in this demographic had decreased by four points, indicating that the Democrats were making progress in attracting the votes of white women. But this year, that trend turned around again. Far from narrowing further, the reverse gender gap among white women widened to fourteen points. Romney got fifty-six per cent of the white female vote; Obama got just forty-two per cent.
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...or-romney.html

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

While I am partially native american, it is nice to know that I'm not the only mostly-causasian chick that votes Republican

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    While I am partially native american, it is nice to know that I'm not the only mostly-causasian chick that votes Republican
    My fiance does as well... ;-)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

If these demographic trends continue, which they will, things will get interesting over the next 10 years.

Again, Ted Kennedy left quite a legacy.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.