Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

Re: Walmart stills FSU's thunder

Whats Kenny got to do with Wally Weird OF FSU?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....pretty ghey

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Why do I keep seeing a swastika every time I glance at that FSU monogram in the new logo?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

That's a good call , girl. The fsu=Hitler

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Soonergirl, I don't know but I do know that some percentage of the population tend to see swastika's in any geometric pattern. Made me crazy when I was trying to decorate a new apartment with strips of cloth on a wall (I was poor, what can I say?) Everything I tried was determined by one of my friends to be some sort of undercover swastika.

Here's betting that the FSU logo is NOT emblematic of them being an underground neo-nazi group.

Not that that would surprise me, coming out of Flow-duh, but I just don't see it happening.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Why did FSU decide to replace their mascot with the lead singer in an 80's hair metal band?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

posse member

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Who GAS what they do?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Soonergirl, I don't know but I do know that some percentage of the population tend to see swastika's in any geometric pattern. Made me crazy when I was trying to decorate a new apartment with strips of cloth on a wall (I was poor, what can I say?) Everything I tried was determined by one of my friends to be some sort of undercover swastika.

Here's betting that the FSU logo is NOT emblematic of them being an underground neo-nazi group.

Not that that would surprise me, coming out of Flow-duh, but I just don't see it happening.
    Ya I wasn't saying it was intentional, just a hilarious oversight.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

I didn't know Adam Ant had a new gig..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Why do I keep seeing a swastika every time I glance at that FSU monogram in the new logo?
    Those things are actually old Native symbols as in representing the 4 directions or winds. I used to live on a ranch in Osage county and the gates to the main house had swastikas.
    Hitler just stole the image and flipped it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Those things are actually old Native symbols as in representing the 4 directions or winds. I used to live on a ranch in Osage county and the gates to the main house had swastikas.
    Hitler just stole the image and flipped it.
    Interesting. You prompted me to do a bit of background reading on the subject. Apparently the symbol popped up in different places all over the world dating back to antiquity. Of course the meanings were completely different. But for those of us living in the modern age, the link between the symbol and Nazism was pretty much cemented in WW2. Ignoring this in something meant for advertising purposes is still a bit of a goof.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Poor Free Shoes University!!!

vCash

Agreed. You can look up old Osage designs and they're in there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Ignoring this in something meant for advertising purposes is still a bit of a goof.
    This point would be relevant if the swastika was more than a figment of your imagination.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    This point would be relevant if the swastika was more than a figment of your imagination.
    Hey, I know I'm not the only one who sees it!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's also a symbol for a Budhist temple on maps in Asia. Kind of got me the first few times I saw it. I was like "Dayum, those Boys From Brazil are sure hiding in plain sight."

And: I think they used an old photo of Freddy Mercury without the mustache as their model. They can change their school song to Bohemian Rhapsody. And instead of cheerleaders just bring in the Village People.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    It's also a symbol for a Budhist temple on maps in Asia. Kind of got me the first few times I saw it. I was like "Dayum, those Boys From Brazil are sure hiding in plain sight."

And: I think they used an old photo of Freddy Mercury without the mustache as their model. They can change their school song to Bohemian Rhapsody. And instead of cheerleaders just bring in the Village People.
    Heh