Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Kingsbury might play in Tech spring game.

Is it just me? I only know of two coaches that dance at their teams' practices, and both of those guys were the star QBs at the schools where they are now head coaches. Is there something to that? Are they trying to relive their college days, or what? If it was Kingsbury alone, I'd chalk it up to his relative youth. But Gundy's not young. (man….40….etc).
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Practices can get grueling and I think most coaches look for ways to infuse some fun into them. I know that some schools have let offensive linemen line up at positions like QB and RB for a play at the end of practice, but I feel that stuff like that runs some unnecessary injury risks. Imagine trying to explain that kind of injury to the media in this day and age. Recently there has been a trend of several schools having dance offs to lighten the mood. The team always loves it when the coach jumps in at the end, so I think that's why we're seeing it. I believe Rich Rodriguez has done it as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Gundy wasn't dancing. He was going full on Tumbleweeds Budweiser Big Girl Mode.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

didn't all of our guys do that one dance thing at then end of a practice...? just asking.

also good ol pete c jumped off of some high dive while at usc.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Believe it, or not, Lon Kruger "danced" in the locker room after the men beat OSU at home this year. I think it's just a way for the coaches to show the team they're not just coaches. Good for morale.

What if Kingsbury gets injured? Does anyone care? His ego has run off his QBs, and who knows what the morale is at Texas Tech. They really are stupid to release Mike Leach, he got them into bowl games they have never been in, had an addition to the stadium built, plus beat Texas! If they did not like the descipline, there are ways to solve that. Same goes with Kansas and Mark Mangino.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

His ego didn't run anybody off. His true freshman quarterback that threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl and stole everybody's playing time ran everybody off. It's not like we've never had QB's transfer after getting beat out. Did Stoops' ego run KT off?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    His ego didn't run anybody off. His true freshman quarterback that threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in the Holiday Bowl and stole everybody's playing time ran everybody off. It's not like we've never had QB's transfer after getting beat out. Did Stoops' ego run KT off?
    I don't think his ego had anything to do with it, I think it was poor communication that was apparently consistent with Kingbury. You have to agree that it was more than just Webb playing well. If that were the case, someone would have stuck around as a back-up. But, to have every QB on the roster leave the team is not common and is a symptom of something else.

I don't like KK, but only because I don't like Tech. I think he's a very good offensive coach and he's young enough to connect with players (that's a big deal). I think he probably got stretched out last year, and the communications suffered. If he's going to last in his chosen profession, he'll have learned from that and made corrections. Time will tell, but he's certainly attracting better talent in Lubbock.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Dude, that's Paul Crewe.
    Maybe in the original (and better) Longest Yard, but not in the newer Longest Yard. He is former OU, Heisman RB Nate Scarborough now turned coach of the inmates football team.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Well I dislike how Tech beats us at more inopportune times in football, good for them for trying to do things to catch national media attention and alumni interest. Good for them for letting Under Armour make them stand out among larger Texas schools with bigger followings. Good for them for hiring an alum that looks like that actor so he can hit on recruit's mothers and be young enough to relate to current players or whatever.

But really, **** them for what they did to Mike Leach.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Wothout Kingsbury suiting up, titty tech may have been knocking dukes with osu and their miserable turnout of 2500 people. His ploy manage to put nearly 20,000 in the stands.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    Maybe in the original (and better) Longest Yard, but not in the newer Longest Yard. He is former OU, Heisman RB Nate Scarborough now turned coach of the inmates football team.
    Yeah I know but that's revisionist history. That remake was a farce.