Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Kingsbury might play in Tech spring game.

Just another way to bring more attention to yourself eh Kliff?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...hs-spring-game

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Kingsbury might play in Tech spring game.

dooooooshbury

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

He can already get any woman he wants in Lubbock, what more does he.....

Oh, right.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...I hear he wears yoga pants when shopping for groceries

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Lol........ o my.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm just going to come out and say it...I really like Kingsbury.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Why does he need to suit up? It's no contact on qbs anyway. If he trots out there in a full pads/jersey. I will lose all respect for the guy.
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Who does this guy think he is? Nate Scarborough?

FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

it would be fun. if mike gundy suited up for Saturday's practice, think a few more fans would have come to stillwater?
    OSU's spring game in 2013 drew a crowd estimated at 15,000. The Orange Blitz drew a crowd estimated at perhaps 2,500
    There is very little reason to disagree: OSU is ****ed when they meet Florida State on Aug. 30 (at Jerryworld)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

I do not know what "too turnt up" means, I have never heard that before.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...143123388.html

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    I do not know what "too turnt up" means, I have never heard that before.
    It's a term most college students are familiar with. It's kind of difficult to truly define, but if Bob ever wore a shirt like that I would roll around on the floor laughing for a week. Thankfully, he will never do that, because it might get awkward after a few hours.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    Who does this guy think he is? Nate Scarborough?

Dude, that's Paul Crewe.

vCash

When you suck....You need gimmicks......
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Or 149 different uniform combinations.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Or 149 different uniform combinations.
    I thought Kingsbury did very well in his first year. It wasn't perfect, but I would hardly say a blowout win in the Holiday Bowl against a ranked opponent is a sucky year. Especially when you're rotating freshmen quarterbacks.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I thought Kingsbury did very well in his first year. It wasn't perfect, but I would hardly say a blowout win in the Holiday Bowl against a ranked opponent is a sucky year. Especially when you're rotating freshmen quarterbacks.
    It's hard to say Kingbury is a bad offensive coach when you look back on what he was able to accomplish in his first year. So, I tend to agree that so far, he looks pretty good. If he can keep a good D-coordinator, he could get the Raiders in the conference hunt.

I lost most of the respect I had for the guy when the story came out about Baker Mayfield. To treat an 18 year old kid like that just screams "I'm a big baby and if I don't get my way, I'm going to make it suck for the other guy!". Then, he lost Michael Brewer (then the other walk-on Clayton Nicholas). That tells me he must be pretty awful at communication. And to fight to keep Mayfield from being eligible was just a ****ty move on his part. Either put the kid on scholarship or let him go. Stoops would never pull a stunt like that.

Now we move on to this year, and Kingsbury has landed an elite QB for the 2015 class, plus he has a couple of solid guys coming on this summer. We'll see if he can fix whatever was broken and move forward.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I was actually alluding to Pokie.

vCash

How many in a row did they lose.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

How many in a row did they lose.....
    How many in a row did they win?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It's hard to say Kingbury is a bad offensive coach when you look back on what he was able to accomplish in his first year. So, I tend to agree that so far, he looks pretty good. If he can keep a good D-coordinator, he could get the Raiders in the conference hunt.

I lost most of the respect I had for the guy when the story came out about Baker Mayfield. To treat an 18 year old kid like that just screams "I'm a big baby and if I don't get my way, I'm going to make it suck for the other guy!". Then, he lost Michael Brewer (then the other walk-on Clayton Nicholas). That tells me he must be pretty awful at communication. And to fight to keep Mayfield from being eligible was just a ****ty move on his part. Either put the kid on scholarship or let him go. Stoops would never pull a stunt like that.

Now we move on to this year, and Kingsbury has landed an elite QB for the 2015 class, plus he has a couple of solid guys coming on this summer. We'll see if he can fix whatever was broken and move forward.
    I think he should have let Mayfield go, but I don't know all the details in that situation. He's still young, and I think that's one of many decisions he'll regret as he gets older.

The man has swagger, though, and it's fun to watch him coach. I see some Mike Leach as well as some young Bob Stoops in him, and it's cool...for now. If he really does build a monster, I'm sure I'll quickly learn to hate him. I'm afraid that our lack of success in Lubbock will continue under his tenure.

Speaking of being concerned, I think the school that should really be concerned is Texas. I'm not naive enough to think that Texas will be down forever, but if Strong doesn't get it together quick, Texas fans might be in for far more mediocre seasons than they have the patience for. Right now, I feel like a lot of 17 and 18 year olds have a vivid memory of Texas being an elite program, but that might not be the case in a couple years. All talented kids want a chance to compete for conference and national championships in their 4 years. As of right now, that's a far easier sell for Stoops, Gundy, Sumlin, and Briles. What happens if this "turnt up" Ryan Gosling lookalike builds up a strong competitor and keeps relating to recruits and wooing their mothers? Texas might have to rely on superior coaching rather than superior talent for a few years, and although I wouldn't say Strong is bad coach, I'm tempted to put him dead last in a list of the coaches mentioned.