Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

When your car gets blocked in parking lot

So last night the toddler, NP and I paid to park in a private lot across from the stadium and we had to leave the game early since we have the toddler with us.

We come back to see that a line of asshats created their own free parking spaces after the pay-me attendants had left. Soon, a few other drivers showed up who were also parked in, also furious.

The private parking company had somebody on their service line who could do nothing and was not helpful (they suggested we wait till 'the traffic clears' which would have been at least a few more hours). The police could not do anything since it was private property. The stadium was the most helpful but not really -- they made a PA announcement with the offending car's license plate asking them to move (offender never showed up).

I have looked around online and it seems that there is little recourse for being stuck in a situation like this. I was wondering if any of you all had any suggestions for how to try to make this right or avoid this in the future.

We got out after an hour after one of the freeloaders arrived. We had to zig zag out the narrow opening after our fellow furious park-ins left.

vCash

Re: When your car gets blocked in parking lot

Next time Drive a Hummer and Just smash yer way thru!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Believe me, thoughts of revenge likely crossed many that night... I've heard that acceptable modes of revenge in such situations include letting air out of tires, keying, or, yes, smashing your way out.

But, because I'm female and motherly, I talked them out of it. Even if I wasn't female and motherly, there were witnesses around, one of whom might have squealed to the police, and since we had contacted the parking lot owners earlier that night, they may have tracked us back to the vandalism later.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Believe me, thoughts of revenge likely crossed many that night... I've heard that acceptable modes of revenge in such situations include letting air out of tires, keying, or, yes, smashing your way out.

But, because I'm female and motherly, I talked them out of it. Even if I wasn't female and motherly, there were witnesses around, one of whom might have squealed to the police, and since we had contacted the parking lot owners earlier that night, they may have tracked us back to the vandalism later.
    Ya had their Tag numbers, Find out where they live and get em later. Revenge is a dessert Best when served COLD.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Either that or '75 Chevy pick up with rusted out sides and a 150 pound
    safety bumper. Most folks that see that won't block you, ifn they're smart.

vCash

All right, since I'm sure you're all dying to know how this ended up...

First, I called their parking office and left messages about the issue. Several hours later, the messages were not getting returned, so rekindling my college years in retail, I decided to confront them in person.

Lo and behold, the person I need to talk to is behind closed curtain doors away from the public access area, but I had no idea. I only see the receptionist, whom I can tell would much rather be talking on facebook than to me.

I stab straight for the heart: I was stranded for an hour. My toddler just turned two years old. I thought I could trust your company because there were two attendants on site when we paid.

She goes to check if the person is behind the curtain. He is.

I get a full refund, assurances this won't happen again, and the guy's business card with several contact numbers if there's every any issue again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I've not had your problem on a private lot, Badg.

However, my driveway gets blocked occasionally by certain activities going on nearby and I can't get out without driving over my lawn and curb.

I usually egg their windshield.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I've not had your problem on a private lot, Badg.

However, my driveway gets blocked occasionally by certain activities going on nearby and I can't get out without driving over my lawn and curb.

I usually egg their windshield.

5-0
    So, instead of confronting your neighbor, you just hit and run. Go tit.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

I've heard that if it's your driveway you can get the car towed. Not sure if things are different out on your island, though

Things I've learned from retail hell:
    - Minimum wagers can make your life hell if you're not nice to them.
    - Minions just want you to go away... be a pest to get your way, but be a nice pest.
    - Go into arguments knowing you will lose. This will force you to pull out your best reasoning and your most sympathetic face when asking for help.
    - Phone calls are not going to get results. Lowly phone answers are not empowered to be helpful. They can also ignore a ringing phone, or transfer you to a dead end line, or worst of all, hang up the call.

If I didn't get a refund and an apology, I'd probably be fielding revenge ideas. So, just for fun, what is the best way to trash another driver's car without repercussions. This means, you don't draw attention from witnesses, you don't get arrested, you won't get sued, you can just give them the finger without them being present to see the finger flipping

vCash

I've heard that if it's your driveway you can get the car towed. Not sure if things are different out on your island, though

Things I've learned from retail hell:
    - Minimum wagers can make your life hell if you're not nice to them.
    - Minions just want you to go away... be a pest to get your way, but be a nice pest.
    - Go into arguments knowing you will lose. This will force you to pull out your best reasoning and your most sympathetic face when asking for help.
    - Phone calls are not going to get results. Lowly phone answers are not empowered to be helpful. They can also ignore a ringing phone, or transfer you to a dead end line, or worst of all, hang up the call.

If I didn't get a refund and an apology, I'd probably be fielding revenge ideas. So, just for fun, what is the best way to trash another driver's car without repercussions. This means, you don't draw attention from witnesses, you don't get arrested, you won't get sued, you can just give them the finger without them being present to see the finger flipping
    I can hardly wait to read the responses from the posters on this board!

vCash

If its Unlocked Put a Bra and some Panties in the backseat area . If its Locked, Hang condoms on the antenna , the mirrors anywhere else. Smear vasiline on all the door handles and head lights.
    Carry a bunch of Snarky Bumper stickers and plaster the car with em.
    Need More?

vCash

If its Unlocked Put a Bra and some Panties in the backseat area . If its Locked, Hang condoms on the antenna , the mirrors anywhere else. Smear vasiline on all the door handles and head lights.
    Carry a bunch of Snarky Bumper stickers and plaster the car with em.
    Need More?
    Wow, you've obviously given this some serious thought...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Wow, you've obviously given this some serious thought...
    Naw that was just off the top of my head. Want i should get really devious?

vCash

Naw that was just off the top of my head. Want i should get really devious?
    Heh, when's the last time you came down from the hilltop? Rilly
    too much time on yer hands.....

vCash

Need More?
    Yes please

vCash

Yes please
    How mean an nasty ya wanta get?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    So, instead of confronting your neighbor, you just hit and run. Go tit.

They're not neighbors. Or friends of neighbors. They're folks from overflow parking at the beachpark. Usually an event is happening and parking is bumper to bumper for blocks. Not just a little bumper sticking out but literally blocking the whole driveway. Some people think they can just park anywhere without consequences.

Block my driveway and yes.....there's consequences.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

When I was in High School a guy I know smeared dog Sh*t on the door handle of a car at a party. . That was pretty comical to watch the guy find out he had sh*t on his hand.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Instant Karma...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

That's a possibility but the cops would place a priority on 'real' crime. At those particular times when I get blocked they're at the beachpark ticketing cars parked illegally, like too close to fire hydrants, etc.

Another trick, tho a bit malicious.......I've never done it........bend their windshield wipers and then smear some dogshlt on their windshield.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!