vCash

When yer in a strange place in another state

Have you ever randomly Yelled "BOOOOOMER?

How many SOOONERS Do ya get back?

I dont go anywhere very often but Ive Not failed to get an answerin SOOONER yet
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Re: When yer in a strange place in another state

There have been many times I've gotten an anonymous "BOOMER" while wearing OU gear. It usually catches me off guard, but I always come back with a "SOONER" eventually.

Every once in a while I'll yell "BOOMER" at someone wearing OU stuff, and they'll just look back at me bewildered. I don't know if it's because they are surprised or they aren't really an OU fan, just wearing the sweatshirt/hat/etc.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    There have been many times I've gotten an anonymous "BOOMER" while wearing OU gear. It usually catches me off guard, but I always come back with a "SOONER" eventually.

Every once in a while I'll yell "BOOMER" at someone wearing OU stuff, and they'll just look back at me bewildered. I don't know if it's because they are surprised or they aren't really an OU fan, just wearing the sweatshirt/hat/etc.
    Heh. Ive skeered Old ladys By Just Randomly Yelling it. They act like Im a crazy man er sompun
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Probly best one was late one night outside a bar in Roppongi in downtown Tokyo. I bellowed a 'Boomer!' and got, I think, three 'Sooners' in response from different directions.
    Like a wolves howling, man. Made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
    Probly made texans involuntarily crap down their legs.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Probly best one was late one night outside a bar in Roppongi in downtown Tokyo. I bellowed a 'Boomer!' and got, I think, three 'Sooners' in response from different directions.
    We're world-wide!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post

Heh. Ive been in Atlanta to Sacramento and San Fran and ALWAYS get at least ONE

Sooner Starter SoonerInFortSmith's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner:4466658
    You think texans are cultured enough to go to Tokyo? They don't need international travel. They're their own country.

Olevet Posse Executioner
    نقتلهم جميعا واسمحوا الله نتفهمها

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

I was in a small bar in Nashville early one afternoon, with my OU cap on of course, when from the back of the room I hear a "Boomer" to which I replied "Sooner". Never did see who the person was. Then there was this time in Key West........and Boston.....and Charlotte.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Have an OU frame on my license plate. One time my wife is driving the beltway about 70, and some car pulls up beside her honking like mad. She looks over, and both guys in the front seat (yes, driver too) are doing the O-U with their arms. Awesome moment!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

I was at OU during the Michigan fan 5 years. I had a friend who bought a Michigan hat but insisted it had nothing to do with the fab 5, and that he was a lifelong Michigan fan. We went skiing for Spring Break and he was wearing the hat. Some dude on the mountain yelled "Go Big Blue" and he got pissed thinking the guy was messing with him. My buddy yelled back "what did you say to me, or something along those lines. Finally the guy said "Go big blue is what Michigan fans say to each other. OU are wearing a Michigan hat." After that he said "oh right. Yes. Go big blue."
    Last edited by CobraKai; 4/4/2014 at 02:31 PM.
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Have an OU frame on my license plate. One time my wife is driving the beltway about 70, and some car pulls up beside her honking like mad. She looks over, and both guys in the front seat (yes, driver too) are doing the O-U with their arms. Awesome moment!
    I find it's safer to do the horns down to other OU fans when I'm in traffic. Yeah, a little "aggie-ish", I know...but no sense taking both hands off the wheel to show your colors.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    If Airport in LA is considered a "strange place" then yes. I know, just after the Rose Bowl was easy pickings but, LAX was filled with Sooners,,,,so I yelled it.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

I yell it all the time...not many Sooners fans here in Thailand.....most of the time I have to finish it myself SOONER....

vCash

In Vermont, my son & I will "Boomer" to anyone that may be wearing an OU cap or t-shirt. It's so great to get that "Sooner" reply. OK; not the hotbed of college sports here, (Dartmouth?) but still great talking about our team here..

Boomer

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I get one every once in awhile depends on where im at. I holler it more often when im in Stillwater or Austin.