Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

University Clothing Or Gear You See The Most

I would say Ohio State and, barf, UT. I see people wearing their shirts, caps, sweats, everywhere in the U.S. Horn ball caps abound. You would think ND would be up there - heck, they have NBC as their network, but strangely enough, I really don't see that much ND gear around the country. OU? Outside of the Southwest, it is a rare sighting.

Administrator
    vCash

Re: University Clothing Or Gear You See The Most

I live in Colorado and I don't see a ton of college apparel here, but when I do it's usually Alabama or Texas. There are a decent amount of Sooner fans in the Denver area, so seeing someone in OU gear isn't completely shocking. But Bama and Texas are the big two.

Denver has a very large Hispanic population, and Texas seems to be "the" school for a lot of them. It may be because many of them migrated north from Texas.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Probably most is Va. Tech, closely followed by UVA. Fair amount of UNC and WV. From "far away" definitely a fair amount of ut, but it may be just that seeing it completely catches my attention. However, I do see a good amount of OU, too. Just today, I saw a woman in a Sooner t-shirt.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....see lots of A&M in Tulsa

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I live in Colorado and I don't see a ton of college apparel here, but when I do it's usually Alabama or Texas. There are a decent amount of Sooner fans in the Denver area, so seeing someone in OU gear isn't completely shocking. But Bama and Texas are the big two.

Denver has a very large Hispanic population, and Texas seems to be "the" school for a lot of them. It may be because many of them migrated north from Texas.
    I see some OU and Texas stuff here pretty much everyday, more Texas stuff of course. Pretty much see some items from all over, more combined than the amount of CU and CSU stuff.

vCash

I live in California. The most prevalent college gear I see is, believe it or not, UT. Gag.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I see a lot of OSU Posse stickers here in Tulsa, so much so that whenever we were Sooner gear in public we get at least a few "Boomer" calls from complete strangers.

UT and Ohio State I'd say are fairly universal. Probably due to arrogance

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I live near Stanford, so that is dominate. The most "outsider" gear I see is UT burnt orange.

vCash

Being in KC, KU dominates the area. I do see some Mizzou and Kstate apparel, but not as much as I would expect. There is also CU, Neb, and OU gear sprinkled in here and there.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Here in Michigan I used to see a few orange cow and letter A hats, but those fads seems to have gone out of style here lately

vCash

OU almost 100%. Its My Hill and I dont allow anything else on it. I very seldom go where there aint OU Fans By the truck fulls.

ANYTHING Fukin ugly assed Orange will get ya shot. That means yer a
    #1 Whorn
    #2 an Aggie
    #3 a Hunter.

Any one of those on my land will get ya shot!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Here in Des Moines, naturally a lot of IA Hawkeye and ISU Cyclones, lately
    more 'Clones stuff...but during football season there a LOT of Sooner gear
    around. Just after the Sugar Bowl, I was in Target in one of my Sooner
    sweatshirts and had four different conversations...guys and gals....about
    how proud they were that we won....

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I see some OU and Texas stuff here pretty much everyday, more Texas stuff of course. Pretty much see some items from all over, more combined than the amount of CU and CSU stuff.
    In the past couple of years I've seen more OU stuff than any state school. When/if CU becomes relevant in football again they will come out of the woodwork though.

What gets me is the random giant Oakland Raiders sticker on the back of a pick-up truck window.

vCash

People should be drawn to the Crimson and Cream since our brains are hot-wired for it.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3027740/...ience-of-color

vCash

Used to be lots of OSU in Bartlesville. OU dominates now. Did we pick up some bandwagon fans?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    I would say Ohio State and, barf, UT. I see people wearing their shirts, caps, sweats, everywhere in the U.S. Horn ball caps abound. You would think ND would be up there - heck, they have NBC as their network, but strangely enough, I really don't see that much ND gear around the country. OU? Outside of the Southwest, it is a rare sighting.
    I see Sooner fans pretty much everywhere. There are a lot up here in KC, for sure...a lot more than UT in my opinion (and fortunately). In fact, OU is probably just behind the KU/KSU/Nebraska/ISU/Mizzou so-called "local" schools. There are a lot of Pittsburg State and Emporia State fans, and we're probably right with them.

I've been all around the country and regularly see at least SOME OU representation. Recently I was in Florida, and saw a few Sooner fans. There are some schools that are more ubiquitous, sure...but I think OU is definitely a national brand.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

texas gear is ubiquitous. I am in a college town in B1G territory and texas is better represented than some of the B1G schools. Of course these people just like the big orange cow head. They don't know from longhorns.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

In Michigan it's dominated by UM or MSU, but yeah there are sprinkles of that puke orange all over the place up here.

The sick part is when these morons mistake the Crimson interlocked letters for that ridiculous gray letter O with the poisonous plant.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

The only Oklahoma gear I see is when I look in a mirror.

In public I sometimes see a sa*et shirt, also North Carolina is kind of common here. The leader by a big margin is Syracuse. If non-Division 1 schools are included, three of the four local colleges dominate the collegiate gear landscape.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I see Sooner fans pretty much everywhere. There are a lot up here in KC, for sure...a lot more than UT in my opinion (and fortunately). In fact, OU is probably just behind the KU/KSU/Nebraska/ISU/Mizzou so-called "local" schools. There are a lot of Pittsburg State and Emporia State fans, and we're probably right with them.

I've been all around the country and regularly see at least SOME OU representation. Recently I was in Florida, and saw a few Sooner fans. There are some schools that are more ubiquitous, sure...but I think OU is definitely a national brand.
    In the most recent "branding" report OU was in the top 10 I believe (or very close). The only other Big XII school was Texas, and they were #1. OU is definitely a national brand.