Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I Am White Therefore I Am A Racist

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    First off I did not call anyone a racist or a bigot. Secondly the point I am making is that the Republican Party is now the old Southern Democratic Party and that is an absolute fact and it goes back to Nixon. Third the moderate fiscally conservative Republicans who do not march with a bible in their hand have been purged by the Republican Party. They were northern Republicans from the rust belt and NE who fought for civil rights.

I was a registered Republican most of my life. Now I registered unaffiliated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

As for the article that started this thread I detest everything about it. Blacks have far more problems to deal with in their community than the perceived racist in the white community.
    Diver, there is one reason and one reason only to vote for the Democrats. You feel that you are a victim and you need a gargantuan, all-powerful central government to punish those you feel are victimizing you. It is the only reason.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Diver, there is one reason and one reason only to vote for the Democrats. You feel that you are a victim and you need a gargantuan, all-powerful central government to punish those you feel are victimizing you. It is the only reason.
    Tell me when the Republicans have ever shrunk the size and scope of the government. Both parties are equally entrenched with big government.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    Tell me when the Republicans have ever shrunk the size and scope of the government. Both parties are equally entrenched with big government.
    You are absolutely correct about mainstream Republicans but I have not supported them since I voted for Bush in 2000. How many times have you voted for a Democratic candidate in that time frame? I don't even vote for the GOP Congressman from my district, Tom Cole. He is a big government, pro-NSA progressive in sheep's clothing. Not to mention that he is in the hip pocket of the Chickasaw tribe. I just leave that part of my ballot unmarked.

Why do poor people vote for Democrats? They support Wall Street fat cats every bit as much as the mainstream GOP does. The only reason is that they buy into the rhetoric about victimization and think the Democrats are really trying to help them. In other words, they are stupid.

Anyway, back on topic. Here is an example of white guilt carried to extreme.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...-She-Was-White
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I can hear it now - "If we could just put all those damn white people on a boat and send them back to Europe, this could be a great country again!".
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Why do poor people vote for Democrats?
    It might be family and community pressure as well. Why am I a registered Republican? Many reasons, but the biggest reasons are that my family is Republican, and in order to vote in primaries (which usually determine the winner) in Oklahoma you need to be registered Republican or Democrat, and Democrat elections are hardly ever contested here.

They support Wall Street fat cats every bit as much as the mainstream GOP does.
    The proof is in Dow Jones, oil prices, etc. during the past several years, as well as the growing gap between the dreaded "One Percent" and the occupy everywhere's "99 percent."

The only reason is that they buy into the rhetoric about victimization and think the Democrats are really trying to help them. In other words, they are stupid.
    We are all stupid if we think politicians will help us. At least term limits here in Oklahoma will protect us from ourselves???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

My grandpa was a farmer, big democrat...in the oldin days. So was my fiance's dad, big farmer, big democrat. Unfortunately that was when the dem's were for the "working man"...now they are for the non-working man and wanting supply him with everything....neither would be voting dem today!

I will add, I think MOST of both parities are in bed with each other....why else would term limits NOT be voted on...they BOTH don't want them.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Neither party are what they were 20 years ago.

My parents and grandparents lived by the "tow the party line" mantra when they voted, I do not. I do agree with Fanin about why poor vote Democrat, they are sold a bill of goods. That's one thing the Democrats have done well...sell the poor voters.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

A few years ago, I was driving through Arkysaw and came up on some old blue hair that had a bumper sticker that read "Arkansas Democrat, Always Have Been and Always Will Be".

I'd say that's one part of the problem right there.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    A few years ago, I was driving through Arkysaw and came up on some old blue hair that had a bumper sticker that read "Arkansas Democrat, Always Have Been and Always Will Be".

I'd say that's one part of the problem right there.
    My Grandfather was the same way. I told him he didn't even realize what issues he was supporting. He was a railroad union man and that is all he cared about which sums up the Democratic party. They have been hugely successful at cobbling together a coalition of one-issue interest groups even when a lot of those group's interests are diametrically opposed to the interests of other groups in the coalition.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Government of the lobbyists,for the lobbyists,by the lobbyists!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

My Grandfather was the same way. I told him he didn't even realize what issues he was supporting. He was a railroad union man and that is all he cared about which sums up the Democratic party. They have been hugely successful at cobbling together a coalition of one-issue interest groups even when a lot of those group's interests are diametrically opposed to the interests of other groups in the coalition.
    So you don't see any parallels with with anti-choice republican voters?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    So you don't see any parallels with with anti-choice republican voters?
    Name the last pro life dem nominee for prez

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Name the last pro life dem nominee for prez
    He was talking about coalitions of one-issue interest groups. Anti-choice is the single largest one-issue group in the country.

vCash

He was talking about coalitions of one-issue interest groups. Anti-choice is the single largest one-issue group in the country.
    Those concerned about the economy and jobs actually constitutes the largest single issue group of voters. The others aren't even close.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

And its an issue that has hovered 50% for and/or against for decades.

Anti-choice, pro life, pro abortion, pro choice....I just love how the issue is labeled by the different sides.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Believe it or not I'm "pro-choice"....

98% of the time SOMEONE had a choice...no sex, condom, birth control pill....THERE is your choice.

(not to make this thread another abortion thread....BUT abortion was and is a inner city, against the black movement...supported by dems)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Those concerned about the economy and jobs actually constitutes the largest single issue group of voters. The others aren't even close.
    Yes.
    "People vote their pocket books" is an old axiom for a reason.