Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: How Many Here Believe The Obama Administration When They Claim

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Got a question for those who may Know or even care.
    This 7 Mil number.Is it the number of Families that have signed up or a total of 7 million period. Ya know say 7 million Families of 4 or a total?
    Vet, not sure here, but I think that the sign up is mostly for individuals. I base
    this on so many news interviews that I've heard. You can be certain, however,
    there are a bunch of families, too. So, if I read you query correctly, there's prolly
    a bunch more than 7 mil total.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Vet, not sure here, but I think that the sign up is mostly for individuals. I base
    this on so many news interviews that I've heard. You can be certain, however,
    there are a bunch of families, too. So, if I read you query correctly, there's prolly
    a bunch more than 7 mil total.
    I aint Queer.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I aint Queer.
    Put down yer beer and read what I said!

Administrator
    vCash

It's 7 million enrolled. So, the number of plans purchased through the program is less than 7 million, as it would include plans that cover more than one person.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It's 7 million enrolled. So, the number of plans purchased through the program is less than 7 million, as it would include plans that cover more than one person.
    I wonder what the true net increase of insured are. 7 million minus everybody that has had their plans canceled. Right now this is a shell game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Now they're reporting that peeps in prison are part of that count as well...

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Now they're reporting that peeps in prison are part of that count as well...

I would think that the particular institution, state or federal would be picking up that tab already. I really dunno.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I can't speak for every person that has insurance, but I can tell you as a small business owner my premiums have gone up so much that I had to postpone (or cancel) a planned new hire. Fortunately, I was in a position to cover the increase so my employees didn't have to, but if I wasn't able to do that there are a few that would have to drop their plan altogether.

I personally know many others (not employees) that have had increased premiums (some over 50%) and in some cases the plans are actually less comprehensive than the previous (less costly) one.
    looking for a plan for my 18 yr old son, if he was on my school plan I'd be paying over $800 OUT of pocket a month...so he has his own and has his own for 4 years. The premiums CAN be lower BUT the deductible and the co-insurance triples..from 1500 to 4000+ with only 50% coverage after that.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

we have such a cycle of "handouts" and "freebies" that our society in general doesn't want to work for anything.

I agree that no-one SHOULD be denied coverage, but at the same time I'm tired of paying for folks that really don't want to make their lives better by sacrificing their material desires.

Ex. a parent (low income, or non at all) brought 10 Pizza Hut pizzas to school for her daughter's bday on Wednesday. I really hate to put it this way but the family is on the lower end of the gene pool...more than likely on welfare, but has a cell phone and can spend $100+ on pizza for her daughter's class...choices
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

even with insurance, your average person still spends a lot of money for health care, outside of premiums if something goes wrong. kids just add more variables.

if you are just going broke trying to pay premiums, why bother at all? the emergency room has to take you. collections doesn't really have any teeth, as far as i know. insurance only works for people with money, and the paying customers get gouged. the system is broken.

i just don't get the point of this thread. is it that they are lying about how many people signed up, or that you we can't afford for people to sign up? the personal mandate is a joke. the penalty is WAY cheaper than paying for coverage. my premiums are more per month than for the whole year of Obamacare penalties, and that is with getting insurance through work. if someone healthy doesn't want insurance, they just aren't going to pay for it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

7,000,000 website hits, sure....I would bet a far fewer number have signed on the dotted like (or clicked the appropriate boxes) and PAID their premiums.

We got the bill a couple of weeks ago for just my emergency room, ICU (5.5 days) and hospital stay (2.5 days) in January, the total was almost $170,000 to which insurance negotiated their portion to just under $28,000 and we have a $2,800 obligation, we still haven't received a bill from the rehab hospital for a one week stay. I have since been visiting doctors and having treatments including another sinus surgery this past Thursday, our co-pay for that was $250 as we have met the deductible and max payout of my (company based) insurance (pretty much did by January 8th). Two weeks ago I had a hemoglobin infusion at the cost of about $4,500 a session which I may have to have every 4-6 weeks, there was no co-pay for that. We have been receiving doctors bills and such and they weren't as bad as we expected, our insurance is pretty much what it was before Obamacare took effect according to the bosses and insurance people, very few changes have been made to the policies in the past few years.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    even with insurance, your average person still spends a lot of money for health care, outside of premiums if something goes wrong. kids just add more variables.

if you are just going broke trying to pay premiums, why bother at all? the emergency room has to take you. collections doesn't really have any teeth, as far as i know. insurance only works for people with money, and the paying customers get gouged. the system is broken.

i just don't get the point of this thread. is it that they are lying about how many people signed up, or that you we can't afford for people to sign up? the personal mandate is a joke. the penalty is WAY cheaper than paying for coverage. my premiums are more per month than for the whole year of Obamacare penalties, and that is with getting insurance through work. if someone healthy doesn't want insurance, they just aren't going to pay for it.
    Supposedly, the ACA was going to alleviate that issue (or at least decrease the chronic ER users). In reality it's going to do very little (if anything) to change that behavior. People that don't want to pay for health insurance aren't going to stop going to the ER for whatever reasons they go (I'm not talking about true life/death emergencies). People that don't care aren't worried about the penalty either, as they will not file taxes.

My point in this thread is that the ACA has ended up costing the same people that were already covered, and costing a lot. Whether it's 7 million people is kinda ancillary to me, because it all comes at a higher cost to many.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    7,000,000 website hits, sure....I would bet a far fewer number have signed on the dotted like (or clicked the appropriate boxes) and PAID their premiums.

We got the bill a couple of weeks ago for just my emergency room, ICU (5.5 days) and hospital stay (2.5 days) in January, the total was almost $170,000 to which insurance negotiated their portion to just under $28,000 and we have a $2,800 obligation, we still haven't received a bill from the rehab hospital for a one week stay. I have since been visiting doctors and having treatments including another sinus surgery this past Thursday, our co-pay for that was $250 as we have met the deductible and max payout of my (company based) insurance (pretty much did by January 8th). Two weeks ago I had a hemoglobin infusion at the cost of about $4,500 a session which I may have to have every 4-6 weeks, there was no co-pay for that. We have been receiving doctors bills and such and they weren't as bad as we expected, our insurance is pretty much what it was before Obamacare took effect according to the bosses and insurance people, very few changes have been made to the policies in the past few years.
    Damn, what the hell happened?

As for your plan/premiums not really changing, I'd say consider yourself fortunate. I suspect your employer did what I did, and covered the additional cost...or, you are one of the few that things remained status quo.

vCash

Damn, what the hell happened?

As for your plan/premiums not really changing, I'd say consider yourself fortunate. I suspect your employer did what I did, and covered the additional cost...or, you are one of the few that things remained status quo.
    Bacterial Meningitis, the ENT doctor who did the surgery reiterated they weren't sure that I was going to survive it and my sugar levels from the spinal tap didn't even register.

Our premiums went up a small amount in comparison to others that I have heard about, our renewal was in November so it may hit us this coming November.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Bacterial Meningitis, the ENT doctor who did the surgery reiterated they weren't sure that I was going to survive it and my sugar levels from the spinal tap didn't even register.

Our premiums went up a small amount in comparison to others that I have heard about, our renewal was in November so it may hit us this coming November.
    The real deductible and premium increases will happen after the elections in November.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Administrator
    vCash

Holy cow! Glad you made it through! Which hospital were you in?

vCash

Holy cow! Glad you made it through! Which hospital were you in?
    Parker Adventist

They theorize that I had a sinus infection go real bad. Luckily my wife called 911 when she did.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Saw a study the other day that showed just over 800,000 that have actually paid in. A LOOOONGGGG way from 7 million.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

if you are just going broke trying to pay premiums, why bother at all? the emergency room has to take you. collections doesn't really have any teeth, as far as i know. insurance only works for people with money, and the paying customers get gouged.
    Yes, cash paying customers get screwed but it is because government sponsored health insurance plans pay 10 cents on the dollar. When I was in private practice I tried to charge cash paying customers less but I was told by both private insurance and medicaid that was illegal.

Also hospitals and doctors are pursuing collections very aggressively. They will turn you over to a collection agency. I never did. If a patient had a large unpaid bill I would attempt to have my office work out a pay,ent plan even if it was $5 to $10 a month and I would write off 50% of your bill if you did. If that wasn't acceptable I was forced to discharge that family from the practice. I hated to do it but you have to keep ypur doors open. When I left private practice I had an accounts receivable of $$80,000 dollars for a 2 year period that was never paid. My accounts receivable was one of the lowest in the community among Pediatricians.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.