Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

How Many Here Believe The Obama Administration When They Claim

They reached their goal of signing up 7 million legitimate patients on Obamacare by March 31st?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: How Many Here Believe The Obama Administration When They Claim

I can't think of a reason not to believe it. Clearly, you do or you wouldn't
    ask, I guess. Serious question here, were you also skeptical about Medicare?
    That program also had lots of glitches in its roll out, took a couple of years
    to straighten out, I think, but there wasn't a lot of repeal talk, though, at
    least not 50 attempts in the House....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I can't think of a reason not to believe it. Clearly, you do or you wouldn't
    ask, I guess. Serious question here, were you also skeptical about Medicare?
    That program also had lots of glitches in its roll out, took a couple of years
    to straighten out, I think, but there wasn't a lot of repeal talk, though, at
    least not 50 attempts in the House....
    Oh, a couple of things they've said would give me some pause about accepting this at face value like "If you like your policy you can keep your policy" and the 38 unilateral changes Obama has made to the law.

I will say this. If it is shown that they lied or misled the nation yet again about this fiasco of a program the Democrats are toast in the next 2 elections.

If it is discovered that they lied or misled the nation once again and they suffer no severe consequences from the electorate then those of us who expect at leadt a modicum of honesty and competency from the govern,ent should be very afraid for the future of this nation.

I say this as a person who totally distrusts and dislikes the establishment Republican Party after they gave us GWB.

At whatoint would the lying and misleading cause you to turn on the Democratic party?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

If they truly have 7 million signed up it is going to be hard to get rid of Obamacare.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Oh, a couple of things they've said would give me some pause about accepting this at face value like "If you like your policy you can keep your policy" and the 38 unilateral changes Obama has made to the law.

I will say this. If it is shown that they lied or misled the nation yet again about this fiasco of a program the Democrats are toast in the next 2 elections.

If it is discovered that they lied or misled the nation once again and they suffer no severe consequences from the electorate then those of us who expect at leadt a modicum of honesty and competency from the govern,ent should be very afraid for the future of this nation.

I say this as a person who totally distrusts and dislikes the establishment Republican Party after they gave us GWB.

At whatoint would the lying and misleading cause you to turn on the Democratic party?

I haven't turned on the Dems and I continue to dislike ANYTHING that GWB did/said
    or even thought. With him, Cheney and Rove involved, nearly irreparable harm has been
    done to this country. The ACA is minor, even any spin that the Dems did, to sell it.

In the end, that program will help so many people and keep the insurance industry
    in line, that down the road we will all be better. Did 7.1 million sign up, plus 6 or so
    million more on Medicaid? We can only hope...26 year olds and younger still on their
    parents' plan, millions saving even more millions on their drug scripts, no one being
    denied for preexisting conditions, slowest health care cost growth year over year ever
    and, eventually, health care for all at a reasonable cost. All the GOP angst over this,
    because that devil Obama did it! Wow, he copied that Mass governor's plan, after HE
    condemned it! What is remarkable is that the GOP have a LOT of ideas that the Dems
    copied over the years, tweaked a little and put in place...all for the betterment of the
    populace...really ticked off the right...like McConnell (he that vowed a one term Obama),
    Boehner (he who couldn't/can't control his caucus) and the Tea Partiers, whose only
    mission appears to be to inhibit government functions in general. The right still functions
    with "shout it often enough and loud enough, veracity notwithstanding, the people will
    believe it".

I've been around since before Ike, but I didn't pay much attention until Ike, so I feel I
    can offer an opinion with some validity. In all those years, never have I seen such
    utter childishness in our leaders and complete lack of cooperation on both sides! A even
    greater distress is that I don't see any improvement any time soon!

Yup, I'm a Dem but our side bears blame, too...no way around it...so dayum frustrating...

vCash

So why am I not suprised that supporters of the Democrats care little if those they vote for are liars. Just as long as they keep handing out the goodies.

Rock on, you have no clue how much those in the medical field hate what Obama is doing. A recent survey said that 80% of primary care doctors will likely retire earlier as a result of this law. The shortage of primary care providers is going to be absolutely devestating over the next 10 years.

Repeat this to yourself over and over again. Helath care coverage does not mean health care access. I will make you a guarantee that this will be a huge issue starting as early as next year.

Diver, it all depends on who compromises the 7.2 million. I don't believe they have 7.2 million legitimate paying customers. Obama is a pathological liar. I will make you a bet right now that with the actuarial mix of those that signed up the insurance companies will be screaming about losing money starting and premium costs will rise dramatically early next year conveniently after the election.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 4/1/2014 at 11:02 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

So why am I not suprised that supporters of the Democrats care little if those they vote for are liars. Just as long as they keep handing out the goodies.

Rock on, you have no clue how much those in the medical field hate what Obama is doing. A recent survey said that 80% of primary care doctors will likely retire earlier as a result of thos law. The shortage of primary care providers is going to be absolutely devestating over the next 10 years.

repeat this to yourself over and over again. Helath care coverage does not mean health care access. I will make you a guarantee that this will be a huge issue starting as early as next year.

Diver, it all depends on who compromises the 7.2 million. I don't believe they have 7.2 million legitimate paying customers. Obama is a pathological liar. I will make you a bet right now that with the actuarial mix of those that signed up the insurance companies will be screaming about losing money starting early next year.....conveniently after the election.
    So we can assume that you didn't vote for bush I after read my lips no new taxes and bush II after the surplus was turned into a deficit and there were no WMD in Iraq?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    So we can assume that you didn't vote for bush I after read my lips no new taxes and bush II after the surplus was turned into a deficit and there were no WMD in Iraq?
    Voted for him in 2000. Voted for the Libertarian candidate in 2004 and 2008. Voted for Romney in 2012 after seeing what an incompetent imbecile Obama was.

Oh, I voted for GHWB in 1992 although I voted for and was a national delegate for Patrick Buchanan in the GOP primary that year.

And yourself?

vCash

Voted for him in 2000. Voted for the Libertarian candidate in 2004 and 2008. Voted for Romney in 2012 after seeing what an incompetent imbecile Obama was.

Oh, I voted for GHWB in 1992 although I voted for and was a national delegate for Patrick Buchanan in the GOP primary that year.

And yourself?
    John Anderson 1980....my first presidential vote, voted for graves for governor in '99 and the sob paid me back by taking a job with a year before his term was up, he didn't resign. I think you can guess what party i voted for the rest of the time.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 4/1/2014 at 10:40 PM.

vCash

John Anderson 1980....my first presidential vote
    And since? Be honest now.

vCash

And since? Be honest now.
    voted for graves for governor in '99 and the sob paid me back by taking a job with a year before his term was up, he didn't resign. I think you can guess what party i voted for the rest of the time.

vCash

voted for graves for governor in '99 and the sob paid me back by taking a job with a year before his term was up, he didn't resign. I think you can guess what party i voted for the rest of the time.
    I didn't have to guess.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...sly-uninsured/

vCash

I didn't have to guess.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...sly-uninsured/
    Never liked ACA, but it was all we could get through after lieberman did his second arnold act and didn't let us open up medicare for all. Seems like the house was going to limit it to over 35 or something.

vCash

Rock on, you have no clue how much those in the medical field hate what Obama is doing. A recent survey said that 80% of primary care doctors will likely retire earlier as a result of this law. The shortage of primary care providers is going to be absolutely devestating over the next 10 years.

Repeat this to yourself over and over again. Helath care coverage does not mean health care access. I will make you a guarantee that this will be a huge issue starting as early as next year.

Diver, it all depends on who compromises the 7.2 million. I don't believe they have 7.2 million legitimate paying customers. Obama is a pathological liar. I will make you a bet right now that with the actuarial mix of those that signed up the insurance companies will be screaming about losing money starting and premium costs will rise dramatically early next year conveniently after the election.
    Fanin, you are correct about my not knowing the depth of hatred many in the
    medical field have toward something that is going to put a dent in their heretofore
    bloated cash cows and, I fully expect a number of primary care providers to exit
    the workplace. In many (but not all) cases, it is probably good riddance, because
    I'm quite certain that there are more than a few sub standard individuals that will
    simply move on. And I have no doubt that it will be an issue, a huge one, as long
    as many in the GOP still draw oxygen and take nourishment.

I have seen, first hand, Republican conversions to the ACA when they are personally
    impacted...e.g. preexisting conditions and substantial $$$$ savings on medication, to
    name two things.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Fanin, you are correct about my not knowing the depth of hatred many in the
    medical field have toward something that is going to put a dent in their heretofore
    bloated cash cows and, I fully expect a number of primary care providers to exit
    the workplace. In many (but not all) cases, it is probably good riddance, because
    I'm quite certain that there are more than a few sub standard individuals that will
    simply move on. And I have no doubt that it will be an issue, a huge one, as long
    as many in the GOP still draw oxygen and take nourishment.

I have seen, first hand, Republican conversions to the ACA when they are personally
    impacted...e.g. preexisting conditions and substantial $$$$ savings on medication, to
    name two things.

Again we have the right questioning the numbers - like the unemployment numbers and the poll before the last election. As with rove making a complete *** of himself and trump doing the same, no amount of proof will change their minds from their predetermined outcomes.

The ACA is yet another in a long line of proof that all republican ideas are bad ideas!

vCash

Rock-on, I would be fine with legislation that reigns in insurance
    companies and huge hospitals but this legislation doesn't do that.
    Insurance companies are now subsidized by tax payers and can
    now exclude doctors who don't agree with their reimbursement
    schedules from their plans with the governments blessing. This is
    why Medicaid patients have such a hard time finding a doctor. This
    is also a reason primary care is suffering a critical shortage of physicians.

It is going to drive patient care even more to ERs and Urgent Cares.
    It is going to drive up the deficit. It cuts reimbursement for Medicare (
    although the GOP just pushed through a temporary delay on this).

Do you think the Massachussets health care law was a positive development?

And your comment about good riddance to the primary care physicians leaving
    earlier is just ignorant and stupid. I know several fine PCPs who are great clinicians
    and dedicated physicians who are throwing in the towel. Right now the ER group
    I work for is down by 4 physicians. We have hired several nurse practitioners and PA's
    but they only see 1/3 of the number of patients I do and they see none of the truly
    acute patients. Waiting times in the ER have doubled over the past year and we are still
    below the national average for waiting times. You need to get ready for waiting times like
    they have in Canada where people bring their sleeping bags to the ER.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 4/2/2014 at 10:00 AM.

vCash

Again we have the right questioning the numbers - like the unemployment numbers and the poll before the last election. As with rove making a complete *** of himself and trump doing the same, no amount of proof will change their minds from their predetermined outcomes.

The ACA is yet another in a long line of proof that all republican ideas are bad ideas!
    Rove being an *** and the GOP proposing some of the ideas in the ACA didn't translate
    into legislation that will damage the country. If you want to compare what Obama
    did to Bush's incompetence in Iraq then I might agree with you.

vCash

First when any politicians lips are moving they are probably lying. It comes with the job. But I do think you are right about the paying customer number.

My job has morphed to where I am working with a lot more medical practices and a lot of what you are saying is true based on my talks with my clients. The loss of physicians will cause changes with the ACA health care law. I do not think they will get rid of it but make changes inside the current format to make the medical community happier.

vCash

Rock-on, I would be fine with legislation that reigns in insurance
    companies and huge hospitals but this legislation doesn't do that.
    Insurance companies are now subsidized by tax payers and can
    now exclude doctors who don't agree with their reimbursement
    schedules from their plans with the governments blessing. This is
    why Medicaid patients have such a hard time finding a doctor. This
    is also a reason primary care is suffering a critical shortage of physicians.

It is going to drive patient care even more to ERs and Urgent Cares.
    It is going to drive up the deficit. It cuts reimbursement for Medicare (
    although the GOP just pushed through a temporary delay on this).

Do you think the Massachussets health care law was a positive development?

And your comment about good riddance to the primary care physicians leaving
    earlier is just ignorant and stupid. I know several fine PCPs who are great clinicians
    and dedicated physicians who are throwing in the towel. Right now the ER group
    I work for is down by 4 physicians. We have hired several nurse practitioners and PA's
    but they only see 1/3 of the number of patients I do and they see none of the truly
    acute patients. Waiting times in the ER have doubled over the past year and we are still
    below the national average for waiting times. You need to get ready for waiting times like
    they have in Canada where people bring their sleeping bags to the ER.
    In Dover we are seeing an explosion of Walk In Family Care Practices that are staffed by one PCP and several NPs/PAs. I think for the run of the mill illness this is going to be the model of the future.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

As an insurer, I laugh at the thought that ACA is "reigning in insurance companies." It does no such thing...it simply gives different rules, and as evidenced by the change in costs of my personal plan, those new rules will just lead to higher premiums. Insurers exist to make a profit, if we don't make a profit, we close and give the capital back to our investors.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister