Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

budget and gun control editorial...

http://downtrend.com/71superb/obama-...ource=Outbrain

The budget submitted by the President for the 2015 fiscal year contained some shocking tax and spending increases, but lost in the shuffle were Obama’s attempts to impose his gun control agenda. Resigned to the fact that gun control is not going to happen through acts of Congress, the president has been attempting to achieve his unconstitutional goals through the backdoor.

The White House released a statement regarding the gun control aspects of the budget:

Supports the “Now is the Time” initiative, the President’s plan to protect our children and our communities by reducing gun violence through improved background checks by the FBI and improved data via the National Criminal History Improvement Program, inspections of Federally-licensed firearms dealers, improved tracing and ballis*tics analysis, and efforts to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals. The Budget provides training for State and local law enforcement to prevent and respond to active shooters and prevent mass casualties, invests in programs to identify mental health issues early and continues the Comprehensive School Safety Program and other initiatives to enhance school security.

It just sounds like a bunch of “common sense” regulations that everybody could get behind to reduce gun violence, right? Well, if you look at what he’s really trying to do, you’ll realize these are some pretty scary rights-infringing gun control initiatives.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Re: budget and gun control editorial...

Anti-gun folks always say "everybody should be supportive of improved background checks!". The problem with that thinking is that we already have background checks in place, and it still didn't stop the mass shootings (and while I don't have proof, I suspect it would have had almost no impact on general gun violence).

All in all I don't have a lot of problem with the president's proposal (I've actually read the entire proposed budget), but he's reaching with this. The gun lobby is never going to agree to a national gun registry.

vCash

exactly...(new gun laws WON'T stop the mass shootings).

yes all the bad guys are going to register their guns, or the guns they still (steal...must have been a long day~)....riiigghhhttt..hope it doesn't pass.
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 3/31/2014 at 01:10 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Leftist! Just like that sleazebag CA state senator who got all the anti-gun laws passed in CA only to be charged now for gun trafficking with the biggest Asian gang in SFO. Allowing only criminals to have guns...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

crazy ain't it.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Hmmm. I'd like to here the Democrats on this board's point of view about this...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

If the Repubs are fer um, the Dims are agin um and vicy versy.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Hmmm. I'd like to here the Democrats on this board's point of view about this...
    I am just one liberal democrat, you cannot spread my opinion on all democrats. Well over 80% of Americans support background checks for all purchases, at least last year it was. Republicans are always speaking of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, but how do you propose you do it? Background checks is the only way. I don't hear the dog whistle of unconstitutional scary rights-infringing gun control initiatives and gun registry in the proposal. The proposal seems to be to close loopholes in background checks primarily at gun shows.

The NRA has been co-opted and corrupted by gun dealers who want the "freedom" to sell ANY kind of guns. They are scaring traditional NRA members with they want to take your hunting rifles and shotguns. No one is talking about doing anything with those. It is my opinion no one needs a semi-automatic rifle assault rife, well military and some law enforcement do. The reason drug cartels and gangs have them is that gun dealers here in the good 'ol US of A are selling them to them and they don't want that golden egg laying goose killed.

As for taking guns out of the hands of criminals, no this will not, BUT don't republicans freak-out about they gonna take my guns every time something to do with guns is mentioned? Republicans have blocked the Obama's surgeon general nominee because he says having a handgun in the house is bad for kids health based on if you don't have one the chances of getting shot are much lower than if you do have one, common sense, right?

I fully support background checks on ALL handgun purchases and making illegal the sale of assault rifles that were invented for the military to kill people, not to hunt. Remember, 90% of handgun shootings victims know the person who shot them.

vCash

On the surface you make sense. But its whats UNDER the surface that has answered My question of "If you were a Lib Idiot"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    On the surface you make sense. But its whats UNDER the surface that has answered My question of "If you were a Lib Idiot"

WOW - more dog whistles, only you can see what you want to see in what i wrote. Tell me exactly what is "under the surface"?

Like i said before "If you were a Lib Idiot" is a rhetorical question. Look up what a rhetorical question means.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    WOW - more dog whistles, only you can see what you want to see in what i wrote. Tell me exactly what is "under the surface"?

Like i said before "If you were a Lib Idiot" is a rhetorical question. Look up what a rhetorical question means.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I am just one liberal democrat, you cannot spread my opinion on all democrats. Well over 80% of Americans support background checks for all purchases, at least last year it was. Republicans are always speaking of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, but how do you propose you do it? Background checks is the only way. I don't hear the dog whistle of unconstitutional scary rights-infringing gun control initiatives and gun registry in the proposal. The proposal seems to be to close loopholes in background checks primarily at gun shows.

The NRA has been co-opted and corrupted by gun dealers who want the "freedom" to sell ANY kind of guns. They are scaring traditional NRA members with they want to take your hunting rifles and shotguns. No one is talking about doing anything with those. It is my opinion no one needs a semi-automatic rifle assault rife, well military and some law enforcement do. The reason drug cartels and gangs have them is that gun dealers here in the good 'ol US of A are selling them to them and they don't want that golden egg laying goose killed.

As for taking guns out of the hands of criminals, no this will not, BUT don't republicans freak-out about they gonna take my guns every time something to do with guns is mentioned? Republicans have blocked the Obama's surgeon general nominee because he says having a handgun in the house is bad for kids health based on if you don't have one the chances of getting shot are much lower than if you do have one, common sense, right?

I fully support background checks on ALL handgun purchases and making illegal the sale of assault rifles that were invented for the military to kill people, not to hunt. Remember, 90% of handgun shootings victims know the person who shot them.
    You are wrong and against the Constitution.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

so is having any number of cleaners, tools, etc. There is a butt load of things that can "harm" kids but the SG focuses on handguns...explain why they don't list everything else in a house that can harm or kill kids?

vCash

All you can come back with are insults? Brilliant. Third time you've insulted me in the last week.

I noticed you didn't answer the question.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    so is having any number of cleaners, tools, etc. There is a butt load of things that can "harm" kids but the SG focuses on handguns...explain why they don't list everything else in a house that can harm or kill kids?

Didn't "focus" on handguns, simply stated the truth. Cleaners have warning labels on them and are regulated. They already have statistics on cleaners and tools that harm kids, but not on guns because your party made it illegal for the CDC to gather the data.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    You are wrong and against the Constitution.
    No I am not on either count.

AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Just ignoring the first part?

vCash

You are so full of s%%t and don't even know it - drug cartels aren't sending Jose over to El Paso to buy a couple of ARs from the local gun shop - they buy them by the truck load from international arms dealers. Get a clue.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

vCash

All you can come back with are insults? Brilliant. Third time you've insulted me in the last week.

I noticed you didn't answer the question.
    Thot it was "Rhetorical"

Sides Insultin Know it all Libs is My Day Jorb.

vCash

Didn't "focus" on handguns, simply stated the truth.
    Cleaners have warning labels on them and are regulated
    . They already have statistics on cleaners and tools that harm kids, but not on guns because your party made it illegal for the CDC to gather the data.
    You really are a ****in Tard aint ya.
    See that wernt no question that was a simple statement of FACT.

vCash

You didn't buy the lib's attempt at rational thought...you, sir, are nothing but STUPIG!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.