Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Arky fans are delusional...

I have moved to Central Arkansas in the most beautiful Fourche valley. The only sports radio I get is the continually SEC apologetic Razorback station. I want to play them regularly just to shut them up.

I confronted one of the host at the tracks in Hot Springs recently and all he had for me was the SEC was so much stronger than the Big XII with only 10 teams. See, no Arkansas Razorback rebuttal just SEC. What the heck kind of mindset would a fan have to come to only to be able to ride on their conference coattail?
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFortySooner View Post
    What the heck kind of mindset would a fan have to come to only to be able to ride on their conference coattail?
    One that curses the person that invented motorcycles... or mistresses?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    "OU played lights out in that game and Bama did not. Don't act like ONE game will automatically make OU a better choice than the majority of SEC teams."

This was a pretty dumb post. OU is easily a better choice than most SEC teams. It could be argued that Florida, Bama, LSU or Auburn (and I think that last one is highly questionable) present a better choice in a given year, but OU is clearly a consistent, top tier program.

aTm and Mo have shown that the SEC is beatable on a regular basis. Whoops! Those teams are in the SEC now, so the magical SEC fairy dust has been sprinkled on them and ruins my argument. Aww.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

The day I start going around chanting Big 12 instead of OU, just shoot me right on the spot.
    Dorks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I went to the Cotton Bowl with my folks that year. Got in trouble for joining in a 'poor razorbacks' chant there at the end. Didn't quite get all the attitude they had before the game, but it was funny to see them walking out of the stadium so dejected.

On a sidenote, our defense that year was so ugly - ugly in a GOOD way!
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    I went to the Cotton Bowl with my folks that year. Got in trouble for joining in a 'poor razorbacks' chant there at the end. Didn't quite get all the attitude they had before the game, but it was funny to see them walking out of the stadium so dejected.

On a sidenote, our defense that year was so ugly - ugly in a GOOD way!
    And our offense was ugly in a bad way.

Arkansas is where the toothbrush was invented. If it had been invented anywhere else, it'd be called a teethbrush!!

[loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    The day I start going around chanting Big 12 instead of OU, just shoot me right on the spot.
    Dorks.

That sounds fair.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee View Post
    That sounds fair.
    Better be a good shot therrre knee joint.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Better be a good shot therrre knee joint.

Just remember that it's "Big 12 *clap-clap*, Big 12 *clap-clap* The rhythm is all wrong, otherwise.

Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerMachine's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    I'd rather see Arky and the pokes play...give their fans a chance to out-jackass each other.

How many overtimes are they allowed???
    "Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you!" -Bill Hicks

Administrator
    vCash

The thread seemed to start off with some decent conversation, but once it turned into "my state is better than yours" it became a dumpster fire. If success on the field equaled how great a state the program played in, there would be a lot of schools that suck now on top of the rankings. As long as it's not -50 below in the winter and 150 in the summer, it really doesn't matter.

Arkansas fans are no more delusional that most SEC fans (hell, most college football fans). Next to being an OSU fan, being a Hog fan would be the most miserable of all fan existences.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Landthief 1972's Avatar
    vCash

My kids live in Arkansas with their mom. One of my sons is a diehard OU fan and has to listen constantly to native Arkies doing the SEC rah-rah BS. When the Sugar Bowl started and Bama drove down the field and scored, his phone went ballistic from his Arkie friends sending SEC! SEC! texts. By halftime, the texting stopped.

But yeah, Arkansas is gorgeous. Too bad the people are so bass-akwards.
    Certainly, without a doubt, this is my signature, and I wrote it in a great way.

vCash

I have many relatives from there and they are great people. But, the more hills the more hillbillies.
    And I do have to say that one cousin in particular brings up his Hogs in a mocking OU kind of way, which always confuses me because we never play each other.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I can't really imagine any circumstance in which I'd take an Arkansas fan seriously...about anything...ever.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Ever hear of Frog Level? Its down by Horatio.
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Arkiesaw has a Town named "Toad Suck" Nuff said!