Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

New Audrey Hepburn Chocolate Commerical: Creepy or Downright Awesome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx9eDoS76LM

Obviously, the young and playful Audrey Hepburn in this commercial was entirely computer generated. Some people have commented that this commercial creeped them out. Personally, I find it and the computer generated Audrey awesome. I love Audrey, the song, and the short storyline in the commercial.

She was a downright badass of a person by any standard. For those who don't know, she was a child of the Second World War growing up in Belgium and then Holland. In her early to mid-teens she risked her own life when she was part of the Dutch Underground fighting the Nazis, acting as a courier for messages hidden in her ballet slippers. She also danced to raise money for resistance groups. The town she was living in with her parents in Holland was poor and even worse off after fighting took place there during the failed allied Operation Market Garden. She and her family nearly starved to death towards the end of the war. Her film work goes without saying, but moved by her own childhood experiences she later became a big humanitarian and represented UNICEF and a childrens charity to fight child starvation until her passing at a way too young age. Whenever I see Breakfast at Tiffany's, I think how sad it is that two such good looking people like Audrey Hepburn and a young George Peppard died so young from smoking.

On an unrelated note, another badass actor I admired was Charleton Heston. Not only was he great in film, but he stood and fought for what he believed in. Yes, everyone knows his strong support for gun rights, but how many people know he was a staunch civil rights activist who came to OKC in the 50s to join local African-Americans in a sit-in protest of an OKC diner which refused service to "coloreds." I admire the fact he was not just a right or left wing activist, but fought for what he believed in regardless of whether it was considered liberal or conservative.
    Last edited by lexsooner; 3/20/2014 at 09:17 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: New Audrey Hepburn Chocolate Commerical: Creepy or Downright Awesome?

Love the commercial! Audrey Hepburn is one cool cat. You younger posters need to do yourself a favor and watch Roman Holiday...a great romantic comedy of yesteryear.

Curious about the legalities of using a cgi of a deceased celebrity. Obviously it is legal, so I wonder when this will become commonplace? I can see the pros and cons of such...

vCash

i think Coke did it a while ago with John Wayne and some others, like 10+ years ago

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Love the commercial! Audrey Hepburn is one cool cat. You younger posters need to do yourself a favor and watch Roman Holiday...a great romantic comedy of yesteryear.

Curious about the legalities of using a cgi of a deceased celebrity. Obviously it is legal, so I wonder when this will become commonplace? I can see the pros and cons of such...
    Using the image of a deceased celebrity is considered a legal property right which is passed on to heirs for a certain number of years, varying according to state law. So, Galaxy chocolate did have to purchase the right to use Audrey from her kids, assuming the applicable state law's duration was not less than the 20 years which have elapsed since Audrey left us too soon.

She will always be the "it" girl for me, lovely, beautiful, intelligent, sophisticated and charming beyond compare. Her real life story makes her all the more amazing. The makers of the commercial sure had her down. Check out how she saunters by the Italian merchant in front of the bus and playfully takes the cap from the bus driver and then sits herself in the back seat of the car like it was meant for her. Classic Audrey. [sigh].

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Welp, I'm old enough to comment...Audrey Hepburn was/is a beauty by which nearly
    ALL young women should strive to emulate!

vCash

that old crotchety whore!