Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash

Re: So Merril Hoge got around to watching some Manziel tape

I could give 2 ****s for JFF!. He was fun to watch but I dont much care for the punk as a Person. from what Ive seen of him.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Just watched ESPN's First Take and Merril Hoge handed Skip Bayless his a** talking about Little Johnny.

For those that may not know, Bayless has apparently bought stock in Little Johnny, and is almost reduced to tears talking about how magnificent he thinks Little Johnny is, and will be in the NFL.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Just watched ESPN's First Take and Merril Hoge handed Skip Bayless his a** talking about Little Johnny.

For those that may not know, Bayless has apparently bought stock in Little Johnny, and is almost reduced to tears talking about how magnificent he thinks Little Johnny is, and will be in the NFL.
    Little Johnny is like that smarmy kid in school that acted all know it all, and we kicked the **** out of.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Didn't anyone wonder how Manzell could run around all day, and no holding calls or ineligible receivers down field? The Big XII could use those refs!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Little Johnny is like that smarmy kid in school that acted all know it all, and we kicked the **** out of.
    Except that he beat our ***.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You ended that sentence with a preposition, but not sure how to fix it.

...out of whom the **** we did kick?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Bust or not, I was more like Johnny than Tebow in college. It will be interesting to see how far he falls. I could see him available in the middle of the second round.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    You ended that sentence with a preposition, but not sure how to fix it.

...out of whom the **** we did kick?
    The little smarmy Know it all kid.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Flop....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Big difference between Fran and Johnny. Awareness of where his receivers are. Fran also scrambled to save his life. His offensive lines, often sucked. But he would scramble and communicate with his receivers. Manziel runs around, then chucks the ball downfield and hopes his 6'5" receiver catches it.

Unless he stops playing like he's on Red Bull, every time he steps on the field... I don't even give him Tebow's 3 years.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Not watching the video.. That Merrill Hoge has lost all credibility with his Michael Sam > Clowney.
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Not watching the video.. That Merrill Hoge has lost all credibility with his Michael Sam > Clowney.
    I saw that and it was just awkward and dumb. I don't really think Hoge would take Sam over Clowney.

I think Sam is another bust. He runs like he has a stick up his a**, which of course is not unlikely.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think Hoge was far off on his assessment of Clowney. He did say that if Clowney is willing to work hard that he could make it but that with his work ethic issues that may be a problem.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Hoge was comparing Clowney to the Buffalo linebacker when I watched him live on First Take. Sam wasn't in the discussion.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Is this the same Merrill Hoge who thought Tebow was a bust when he was winning some games at Denver?
    The Denver defense won those games in spite of Tebow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Hoge was comparing Clowney to the Buffalo linebacker when I watched him live on First Take. Sam wasn't in the discussion.
    Hoge has said with the first pick the Buffalo kid should be the choice, but talking later he did compare Clowney and Sam. Basically he said Clowney has freakish athleticism, but isn't a fundamentally sound football player, while Sam is a marginal athlete but works hard and is always in the right spot.

So...Hoge said he would take Sam, meaning down in round 4-6 where it's thought he'll likely go, but wouldn't take Clowney, and though it wasn't specifically stated meaning in the early first round where it's thought he'll likely go.
    The other commentator then ask Hoge something like: So, you'd draft Sam and not Clowney, and Hoge rather than provide an explanation to what was obviously a throw away dumas question makes a flippant answer.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010
    Posted from iOS app

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    That was one of my first thoughts, but after watching...Hoge actually makes some valid point. We'll see if he's correct.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much the definition of a bust.

And this is coming from a guy (me) that was on the Tebow bandwagon while he was starting in Denver.
    I don't get how anyone was on the Tebow bandwaggon at Denver? The guy played about as bad as a QB could play for 3 1/2 quarters while the Broncos defense kept them in the game. Sometimes he came back and won the game at the end. Had Denver had an average defense they would have gotten pounded and he wouldn't have lasted more than 3 or 4 games.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    I don't get how anyone was on the Tebow bandwaggon at Denver? The guy played about as bad as a QB could play for 3 1/2 quarters while the Broncos defense kept them in the game. Sometimes he came back and won the game at the end. Had Denver had an average defense they would have gotten pounded and he wouldn't have lasted more than 3 or 4 games.
    I can understand the question, because prior to Tebow arriving in Denver, I didn't understand it much. The only thing I can really say is that he was a leader, and it was very clear when at the games (seeing him on the sidelines). This is a football town, and Denver hadn't done anything in a long time. Even though Tebow was a terrible QB, the way he played (and the fact the he was the QB when the team was winning) made him really popular.

The defense was absolutely the reason Denver made the play-offs that year, but whether anyone likes it, or not, Tebow was the QB on that team. He also made some pretty spectacular plays in almost every game. He had just enough effectiveness as a QB to keep playing him (as long as the team was doing well).

Obviously he wasn't the answer, but for a brief period of time, he was winning.