Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: Malaysian Flight 370

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, so please feel free to point that out, but does a GPS system communicate with the satellite at all? In other words, isn't it a different technology to triangulate where you are, and transmitting that information back to a source?
    Good question, and I'd be interested in knowing too.

I use a company that collects and discards sensitive documents from my business, and the same guy (driver) has been collecting from my office for about 3 years. He told me a year or so ago that the company uses GPS on his truck, so they always know where he is (and things like whether or not the engine is on, etc.). So, if it does require separate equipment, it can't be too cost prohibitive.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Good question, and I'd be interested in knowing too.

I use a company that collects and discards sensitive documents from my business, and the same guy (driver) has been collecting from my office for about 3 years. He told me a year or so ago that the company uses GPS on his truck, so they always know where he is (and things like whether or not the engine is on, etc.). So, if it does require separate equipment, it can't be too cost prohibitive.
    It is an option you can buy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

My company pickup is GPS'd as well. They know everything about engine diagnostics/speed/braking...Hell, I think they know when I fart. However, these GPS antennas are of course located on the exterior to be in view of satellites. I'm not sure how a GPS would communicate buried deep inside a black box where the impact survivable parts are encased in titanium.

It don't matter, I think they 46'd it to off the PAX, then went low and flew to Pakistan. The Trojan Horse is coming...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    My company pickup is GPS'd as well. They know everything about engine diagnostics/speed/braking...Hell, I think they know when I fart. However, these GPS antennas are of course located on the exterior to be in view of satellites. I'm not sure how a GPS would communicate buried deep inside a black box where the impact survivable parts are encased in titanium.

It don't matter, I think they 46'd it to off the PAX, then went low and flew to Pakistan. The Trojan Horse is coming...
    If it is I'm for em taking out Washington DC. They'd be doing us a huge freaking favor if they did!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    If it is I'm for em taking out Washington DC. They'd be doing us a huge freaking favor if they did!
    DAMN!!!!!

OleVet Posse Instigator

Administrator
    vCash

How'd you like to be a family member of a passenger on that flight today? "They're dead, we can't find anything."

Administrator
    vCash

As a side note:

I find it amusing that for the past couple of weeks, CNN has had non-stop coverage of the missing plane. Fox, on the other hand, did occasional updates but seemed to be much more focused on national politics, other word news, etc.

Could CNN be any more biased? If they talk non-stop about the missing plane, they don't have to cover our foreign policy failures.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

So now they are looking at a suicide mission, if so, usually you want someone punished and there is a manifesto... The Malaysians are really tight with info, so I wonder what is up. They had the info on the planes location over a week ago from the satellite company and the UK, so why be so evasive in the meantime... They could have been looking for debris earlier... Are they afraid of China? Or just didn't want to look bad?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    As a side note:

I find it amusing that for the past couple of weeks, CNN has had non-stop coverage of the missing plane. Fox, on the other hand, did occasional updates but seemed to be much more focused on national politics, other word news, etc.

Could CNN be any more biased? If they talk non-stop about the missing plane, they don't have to cover our foreign policy failures.
    clearly you are joking.....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!