Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Malaysian Flight 370

WE can speculate till the Cows come home, But at this point with NOTHING being found. We (The Public) will never be told what happened even if they do find it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    The movie Con Air keeps coming to mind as I watch this thing unfold, for whatever reason. Cept this plane was not filled prisoners. I keep picturing this plane has landed in the desert somewhere. We'll probly never know what really happened,,idk.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    The movie Con Air keeps coming to mind as I watch this thing unfold, for whatever reason. Cept this plane was not filled prisoners. I keep picturing this plane has landed in the desert somewhere. We'll probly never know what really happened,,idk.
    I still think the Rusky's are involved some how. If nothing else then to divert attention from what they are doing in their "Near Abroad".
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I still think the Rusky's are involved some how. If nothing else then to divert attention from what they are doing in their "Near Abroad".
    I just about bet that Poot'n could give two ****s what the US or anybody else thinks about what they're doing.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    I just about bet that Poot'n could give two ****s what the US or anybody else thinks about what they're doing.
    Dint say he GAS. Just said the FSB or what ever they callin themselves this year Can and will do the Misdirection/Blame/ crap just to screw with every ones Heads.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    WE can speculate till the Cows come home, But at this point with NOTHING being found. We (The Public) will never be told what happened even if they do find it.

I think they'll find it next time Mangino takes a crap.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I think they'll find it next time Mangino takes a crap.

5-0
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-mh370-3248001

Now this really does sound like something Tom Clancy would cook up...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Latest is the plane could have been hijacked with a cell phone. Cyber jacking.
    Last edited by okiewaker; 3/16/2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

The ascent to 45000 feet is concerning - may have killed all the passengers, just want the plane.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Iranian defectors, Malaysian dissidents, angry Chinese family members, Malaysians losing face - the plot has more twists than the plane's flight path. Enough to keep us all in :popcorn: and deflect some attention from Ukraine & Crimea.

Otherwise we the people might decide that Crimea is Not Our Fight.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Iranian defectors, Malaysian dissidents, angry Chinese family members, Malaysians losing face - the plot has more twists than the plane's flight path. Enough to keep us all in :popcorn: and deflect some attention from Ukraine & Crimea.

Otherwise we the people might decide that Crimea is Not Our Fight.
    Worst case scenario. Refit the plane with a different transponder or use the passengers as hostages to gain entry into a target's airspace. Then detonate the nuclear bomb that was picked up in Packistan at a high altitude knocking out electronics over a several thousand square mile area.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

The thing that jumps out at me is why would the transponder on/off switch be under pilot control? I guess the telemetry to satellites is always on, but that only checked position 1 time per hour. and it wasn't a precise position at that. We can better track a teenager with a cell phone than a commercial international flight.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    The thing that jumps out at me is why would the transponder on/off switch be under pilot control? I guess the telemetry to satellites is always on, but that only checked position 1 time per hour. and it wasn't a precise position at that. We can better track a teenager with a cell phone than a commercial international flight.
    The transponder inputs are under pilot control because changes have to be made pre-flight, post-take off, final approach, etc. The crew needs access to the entry system. As for the actual "On/Off" switch, I can only imagine it's always been on the same instrument panel. In any event, turning your transponder off alone, would not make the plane invisable from the ground. It was one of about 4 systems that would need to be shut-down, and it's the easiest to access.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU68 View Post
    The ascent to 45000 feet is concerning - may have killed all the passengers, just want the plane.
    This^ Easy way to get rid of the problem and the witnesses. Then as "vet says - shark bait...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The transponder inputs are under pilot control because changes have to be made pre-flight, post-take off, final approach, etc. The crew needs access to the entry system. As for the actual "On/Off" switch, I can only imagine it's always been on the same instrument panel. In any event, turning your transponder off alone, would not make the plane invisable from the ground. It was one of about 4 systems that would need to be shut-down, and it's the easiest to access.
    I also saw the reason given that it is turned off while on the ground to remove clutter for the controllers. But that's a lame excuse because that could be done automatically. Everything I've heard leads me to believe flight electronics is a decade behind consumer stuff. (I'm in technology and have worked on telemetry.) I know there is a cost issue, but aircraft are refitted all the time. Over most the developed world, there should not even be a need for a black box except for after the fact confirmation using higher frequency sampling. A remote "black box" could be recorded for every flight over developed countries. For ocean and remote areas, satellite summary data could be available and include at least position and basic systems heath. And there is no "big brother" social issue with tracking a commercial flight.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I also saw the reason given that it is turned off while on the ground to remove clutter for the controllers. But that's a lame excuse because that could be done automatically. Everything I've heard leads me to believe flight electronics is a decade behind consumer stuff. (I'm in technology and have worked on telemetry.) I know there is a cost issue, but aircraft are refitted all the time. Over most the developed world, there should not even be a need for a black box except for after the fact confirmation using higher frequency sampling. A remote "black box" could be recorded for every flight over developed countries. For ocean and remote areas, satellite summary data could be available and include at least position and basic systems heath. And there is no "big brother" social issue with tracking a commercial flight.
    Surprisingly, I heard a pilot on the radio this morning saying the exact same thing. He said that people assume the flight electronics are state-of-the-art, when if fact they are (his words exactly) a "decade behind your home computer". That really surprised me.

The caller asked why the black boxes don't have a GPS locator, so that it could be easily found after a crash (or in an event such as this). That's when the pilot responded with the above.

I wonder if it's a cost issue? Obviously, the newer model planes have GPS systems for navigation, so it's available within the industry. Maybe the airlines don't want to retrofit all of their fleets with a GPS locator. I fully believe the flight systems aren't the latest/greatest, but I didn't really buy his answer for why there is no GPS on the black box.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Wouldn't there be some issues with the ability of the blackboxes GPS to get a signal up to the satellites if it were covered by wreckage or under water?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Wouldn't there be some issues with the ability of the blackboxes GPS to get a signal up to the satellites if it were covered by wreckage or under water?
    Could be, I don't have a clue. That would have at least been a better response to the question. I just don't believe that it's because the industries technology is that far behind. (I know it's behind in general systems, but as I said above, GPS is already utilized with in-flight navigation).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

This is probably a dumb question, so please feel free to point that out, but does a GPS system communicate with the satellite at all? In other words, isn't it a different technology to triangulate where you are, and transmitting that information back to a source?