Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Brent bumped from prime time.

Musburger, Palmer to call SEC Network games
    By The Associated Press

ESPN says Brent Musburger will be the lead play-by-play announcer for its new SEC Network, with former Florida quarterback Jesse Palmer as analyst.

Musburger's move to the SEC Network opens the play-by-play spot on ESPN's Saturday prime-time game. ESPN has not announced who will take that job though there has been speculation Chris Fowler, the host of GameDay whose contract with ESPN is expiring, will move into that play-by-play role alongside analyst Kirk Herbstreit.

The SEC Network launches next season. The first football game on the network will be Texas A&M at South Carolina on Thursday, Aug. 28. Musburger and Palmer will call that game and a game ever Saturday on the SEC Network.

Musburger and Fowler will continue to be part of ESPN's college football coverage.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Brent bumped from prime time.

Good. I swore about 3 years ago I wouldn't watch another Musburger game. I did end up watching one (1) since then.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

He and the SEC deserve each other.
    posse member

vCash

Does this mean that he'll troll for more QB girlfriends at the games? He was an SEC Homer anyway...At least where the girls came into play..

Boomer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Burnt is so bad...SEC deserves him...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Burnt is so bad...SEC deserves him...
    I agree. I mean, the past two SEC conference champions lost the national title game. Conference of losers, the lot of them.

Fowler would be good, but Nessler and Herbie would be the best combo, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

Administrator
    vCash

I really didn't mind Mushmouth too much, and he had kinda taken Keith Jackson's spot as the unofficial voice of college football. You knew if he was calling a game, it was a big one.

Fowler would be good, but I think Nessler is among the best play-by-play guys out there (college or pro). Hopefully it'll be Nessler/Herbie.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I mute those guys a great deal of the time anyway. Brent is never gonna change, he's always gonna overhype, always act like he's best buds with the coach, etc.

vCash

Thank heaven for small favors. A whole season of not having to listen to Muss Brentberger trash the Sooners at every opportunity is like anticipating Utopia.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

Keith Jackson was great. Chris Schenkel was awful and Musberger was the worst, imho. Goodbye and good riddance.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I really didn't mind Mushmouth too much, and he had kinda taken Keith Jackson's spot as the unofficial voice of college football. You knew if he was calling a game, it was a big one.

Fowler would be good, but I think Nessler is among the best play-by-play guys out there (college or pro). Hopefully it'll be Nessler/Herbie.
    That's how I view him. These days the only ones that really bother me are the ones that are over the top on their coverage of one team vs. another and the guys that have no business using their voice as a means for making money (Dave Lapham, Petros Papadakis).

vCash

Mushburger has said since I first heard him in the late 70's early 80's, "you are looking liiiive at blah blah blah stadium"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerinabilene View Post
    Fowler would be good, but Nessler and Herbie would be the best combo, imo.
    Look's like Fowler got the job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fowler-...02--ncaaf.html

Musberger is my all-time favorite. He's not afraid to say what others are thinking (hot chicks and gambling lines!).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I like this. Congrats to him.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    That's how I view him. These days the only ones that really bother me are the ones that are over the top on their coverage of one team vs. another and the guys that have no business using their voice as a means for making money (Dave Lapham, Petros Papadakis).
    You and I must have the same taste in commentators, because Dave Lapham and Petros Papadakis are on the bottom of my "favorite" list. I LOVE college football, and will watch just about any game that's on, but those are the two guys I WILL turn it off, if they are calling the game, because I dislike them so much. I won't watch a lot of FOX football coverage/shows because of Papadakis (since he does a lot of in-studio stuff).

[QUOTE=Mazeppa;4423298]Musburger, Palmer to call SEC Network games
    By The Associated Press

Musburger's move to the SEC Network opens the play-by-play spot on ESPN's Saturday prime-time game.

Hey, Craig James is available. How about signing him on to fill the vacancy. (big ol' grin)