SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

2015 Recruit - Ricky DeBerry

I was at the park with the kids and ran in to a big guy (6'4", 300+ pounds and looked like a tree) wearing an OU hat... unusual here in Richmond. I just happened to be wearing my Sugar Bowl Champions shirt and struck up a conversation. His kid is Ricky DeBerry who is rated as the #6 outside linebacker in the country and is looking hard at OU. Montgomery and Stoops have met with him and the family and are thinking as a hybrid linebacker/DE like Eric Striker when they first met him in June of 2013.

And after the Sugar Bowl... he sounds like he's got OU at the top of the list (50+ offers). Any body else know something about him or heard of him? Would be kind of cool to see him on TV being a local kid and all.

vCash

Re: 2015 Recruit - Ricky DeBerry

A 6-4 300+ dude and Eric Striker don't fit in the same sentence. 6-4 300+ makes you a DT - not a hybrid OLB/DE.

edit...I see you where talking about the kid's dad being that big! My bad!!! Carry on.......
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 2/3/2014 at 07:11 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Rivals has him listed at 6-2 237

edit....The kid that is, not the dad!
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 2/3/2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...DeBerry-130145

This is the kid. If his dad is 6'4 300 then you can see how this kid could be 6'3 237 as he is listed. If he is that size then he would similar to Devante Bond who OU may use opposite Striker as a rush linebacker.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~ Confucius

Administrator
    vCash

I haven't really spent much time on the 2015 offers (but I will later in the week), but DeBerry was an early OU target. Scout ranks him as the #2 OLB in the country, and Va Tech is doing everything they can to land him (he attended their junior day last weekend).

I'm guessing (since I haven't really looked at things closely) that we're looking to take at least 2 OLBs in the 2015 class. Justin Hilliard (#5 OLB according to Scout), from Ohio, was on campus last weekend for OU's junior day. Sure would be nice to land both of those guys!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sooner View Post
    I was at the park with the kids and ran in to a big guy (6'4", 300+ pounds and looked like a tree) wearing an OU hat... unusual here in Richmond. I just happened to be wearing my Sugar Bowl Champions shirt and struck up a conversation. His kid is Ricky DeBerry who is rated as the #6 outside linebacker in the country and is looking hard at OU. Montgomery and Stoops have met with him and the family and are thinking as a hybrid linebacker/DE like Eric Striker when they first met him in June of 2013.

And after the Sugar Bowl... he sounds like he's got OU at the top of the list (50+ offers). Any body else know something about him or heard of him? Would be kind of cool to see him on TV being a local kid and all.
    He'd be 250+ by the time he got on campus. Most likely you'd be looking at a hand on the ground DE at 300 lbs.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Big, long kid on the edges. Reminds me of a Dan Cody or Aaron Kampman. You gotta like that from the OLB in the 3-4 if he can leverage that length.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

vCash

FWIW: Scout list him at 6-2 240, and already has him listed as a 5-star recruit for next year.

Olevet Posse Pistolero