Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU recruiting taller receivers

DeJuan Miller.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Missouri has a batch of outstanding taller receivers. Would like to pick up one or two of that type every year.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    We've always gone after big receivers. Our problem has been effort and the ability to catch the ball. I'd say probably the most complete tall guy we've had was either brandon jones or travis wilson.

Malcolm Kelly and Dejuan Miller were great on the 6 plays they caught a pass, but they made you want to strangle them on the other 59 offensive plays.

Chaney, Tennell, Huggins couldn't catch the ball

Fred Strong had academic issues.
    Miller had suspect hands too. Led the team in drops, whichever year I charted them all. Probably '11.

Jones wasn't really a tall guy. He's my height, 6-1. Played baseball against him. I think OU used to list him at 6-3, back when they used to let the players list their own height. Now the measure them.

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    had such high hopes for Brandon Jones and Travis Wilson

Wilson seemed like he came out of nowhere in 2004 when i thought Brandon Jones would, but didn't seem to do much in 2005 outside of that reverse at UCLA
    Wilson was just kind of a rotation guy in '03, had a big year in '04, but the QB situation (and nagging ankle) kind of got him in '05.

Thread wouldn't be complete w/o mentioning one of the biggest recruiting misevals of recent years, Erica Huggins. Came in the same year as Kelly, Iglesias, and Johnson.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Thread wouldn't be complete w/o mentioning one of the biggest recruiting misevals of recent years, Erica Huggins. Came in the same year as Kelly, Iglesias, and Johnson.
    He is in my "Stone Hands" list

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Yeah, Huggins was another good one (well, not really "good").

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    And I thought Tennell was going to be a beast! He had crazy athleticism, but I never saw him play in high school or I might have known better.
    Adron waited for the AFL before going beast mode. http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/...l_adron00.html
    Mike Stoops: "F*ck me. " - Quoted during the FAMU game following the 1st quarter timeout for 12 men on field.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Adron waited for the AFL before going beast mode. http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/...l_adron00.html
    Huh...who knew??? Interesting.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    I guess going from AFL to NFL is too big of a jump, or it would have happened by now. Adron never seemed to recover after that knee injury in the cursed '07 TTech game while at OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I guess going from AFL to NFL is too big of a jump, or it would have happened by now. Adron never seemed to recover after that knee injury in the cursed '07 TTech game while at OU.
    More likely NFL GM's hubris is too much to overcome. It still amazes me to this day that Kurt Warner EVER got a shot at the NFL (and I honestly don't think he would have without NFL Europe).

I also think it was Antwone Savage that tore up the Arena league as well and he never got another shot.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I have watched a few of Tennell's arena games. He still has stone hands they just keep throwing it up for him till he catches it.