Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Game thread vs Tulsa

Led most of the first have by around 10. Then gave up a run by Tulsa to only be leading by 2 at half. Score is 40-38.

vCash

Re: Game thread vs Tulsa

10:58 to go. 64-58. Sooner run to begin the 2nd half.

vCash

5:10 to go. 85-69.

Now, no late game runs by Tulsa allowed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Channel?

vCash

Final score was 101-91.

Administrator
    vCash

Not the best game we've played this year, but we did enough to win and pretty much took control in the second half.

I'm not sure how much we'll miss Hornbeak off the bench, but I think that had a little to do with some lapses in the late first half. Also, not having Spangler in hurt. Hopefully, keeping Spangler out was a precaution, because he didn't look like he was in any real pain.

I think Woodard played a little selfish tonight, but I didn't have a problem with that. Since it was kind of a grudge match for him.

I'm not sure what to think of Tulsa. At times, they looked pretty good, and I do think Manning is a good coach. However, they're 3-9, and looked just plain bad at times in the second half.

Anyway, as "meh" as I thought we looked tonight, it was still a lot of fun to watch, and we still scored 101 points!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

started to watch it...tape delay...but fell asleep..going to rewatch today. Yeah, we are scoring but dang giving up 91 to tulsa...ugh
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    started to watch it...tape delay...but fell asleep..going to rewatch today. Yeah, we are scoring but dang giving up 91 to tulsa...ugh
    The final score was a little misleading. We were up big most of the second half. But, in fairness to Tulsa, they did close to within 7 or 8 at one point.

I think (hope) this team learned a lesson. I think they saw Tulsa's record, and kinda figured they could coast. Tulsa played much better than their record. Also, missing Spangler didn't help.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I think this was TU's NC game. I'll be surprised if they play this good again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    The final score was a little misleading. We were up big most of the second half. But, in fairness to Tulsa, they did close to within 7 or 8 at one point.

I think (hope) this team learned a lesson. I think they saw Tulsa's record, and kinda figured they could coast. Tulsa played much better than their record. Also, missing Spangler didn't help.
    just a kicked calf? that is what I read...yes, I agree, records mean jack. I'm assuming most teams don't look at 12-0 ku and think..crap we can't win...so it shouldn't be the other way...but kids are kids and it's human nature.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!