Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What OU player got hurt at Ou/ k state

Did clay get hurt? Colvin ?
    Any updates?
    Posted from iOS app

Re: What OU player got hurt at Ou/ k state

I know Tyrus was hurt during the game and game out, Colvin gimpy on the sidelines

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Clay limped off after his last carry, but I haven't seen any follow-up. Clay was totally exhausted in the 4th and we were missing Williams. It was obvious the coaches didn't trust Finch on any down where we might need to pass and they would bring Clay back in even though he was still tired. I understand the size thing with Finch, but too bad we don't trust Ross to help.

Administrator
    vCash

Clay should be good to go. He had an ankle injury (unspecified) in the third quarter, and otherwise exhausted. Nothing major.

Don't know the status of Thompson, and I don't think Stoops has commented.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Clay should be good to go. He had an ankle injury (unspecified) in the third quarter, and otherwise exhausted. Nothing major.

Don't know the status of Thompson, and I don't think Stoops has commented.
    Any news on Ford? Hate to see Clay forced into 30+ carries in Stillwater. Although that might be a good sign that we're still in the game

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Watched the replay. Shead didn't make the trip, Colvin is still hurting along with Thompson going down. Bob says hopefully with 2 weeks off we get some back, including the suspended...fwiw
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Any news on Ford? Hate to see Clay forced into 30+ carries in Stillwater. Although that might be a good sign that we're still in the game
    Clay is the only one I heard about, so nothing on Ford.

I don't think Finch/Ross stayed on the sideline for any reason other than Clay was playing excellent. After the game, I thought "what would Clay have done if he were the feature back in this offense?". It would be interesting to know, and he may be the feature back the rest of the way.

I don't think Finch/Ross stayed on the sideline for any reason other than Clay was playing excellent. After the game, I thought "what would Clay have done if he were the feature back in this offense?". It would be interesting to know, and he may be the feature back the rest of the way.
    He should have been in the first place

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    It's hard for me to argue against the multiple backs when it seems to have worked, but when I see a guy get his chance to carry the load, and has success, I can't help but wonder.

Clay hasn't made it a secret that he wants at least 15 carries a game, but he's also been first class when supporting the other guys. For some reason, Clay hasn't sparked some OU fans (I have no idea why), and I think he'll earn some more folks on his band wagon in the next few weeks.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Clay was pretty uninspiring his first two years. He reminded me of watching Kejuan Jones. However, it was pretty clear as of last year that he was really boosting his output, and this year he's been money. So, maybe those first 2 years dulled enough people that they aren't able to get too excited about him. But there's no denying that he's turned out to be a fantastic back.

vCash

He was so obviously gassed on the last couple of series and was hard to watch. Thought he would never get to his 200yds after hitting 185 so quickly. Of course KSU knew we were trying to run clock by then and were gambling against the run. Finch was taken out on 3rd downs I assume due concerns over pass protection. He certainly wasn't tired. Glad to hear the suspended players will be back. I had read several rumors Williams was off the team. I thought only true stuff appeared on the interweb

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Clay was pretty uninspiring his first two years. He reminded me of watching Kejuan Jones. However, it was pretty clear as of last year that he was really boosting his output, and this year he's been money. So, maybe those first 2 years dulled enough people that they aren't able to get too excited about him. But there's no denying that he's turned out to be a fantastic back.
    heh. As one of the few people who liked him in 2010, I thought he could be pretty good if he gained more strength. I KNEW he was much better than Calhoun who had about as much vision as Stevie Wonder. Clay, on the other hand, showed really good vision and the ability to scrape tacklers but he was so weak that they just stonewalled him sideways. Had he not gotten hurt as a freshman and been out for the spring with surgery, he'd have been like this as a sophomore.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

We will find out tomorrow after practice so long as Bob reveals the sensitive info to us.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    heh. As one of the few people who liked him in 2010, I thought he could be pretty good if he gained more strength. I KNEW he was much better than Calhoun who had about as much vision as Stevie Wonder. Clay, on the other hand, showed really good vision and the ability to scrape tacklers but he was so weak that they just stonewalled him sideways. Had he not gotten hurt as a freshman and been out for the spring with surgery, he'd have been like this as a sophomore.
    I was one of the other few. I really liked what I saw on his few reps before the hit in the FSU game. Definitely tentative his Soph year, but really showed what he could do last year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I don't think his concussion helped. I think his confidence was shot a bit. You remember the FSU game @ home... he didn't run like he used to for a while after that hit.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

It's hard for me to argue against the multiple backs when it seems to have worked, but when I see a guy get his chance to carry the load, and has success, I can't help but wonder.

Clay hasn't made it a secret that he wants at least 15 carries a game, but he's also been first class when supporting the other guys. For some reason, Clay hasn't sparked some OU fans (I have no idea why), and I think he'll earn some more folks on his band wagon in the next few weeks.
    The multiple backs approach is good but I was never as huge a of Damien Williams as most. Don't get me wrong he is a great player but I feel like some people are blinded by the big plays he has had. Those plays were great, but in my opinion he has not been as consistent as Clay or had the same amount of running vision. He is bigger and "flashier", but in my opinion Clay is more solid. It's kinda like comparing the running style and size of Demarco to Chris Brown, except switching which one is somewhat better.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

The multiple backs approach is good but I was never as huge a of Damien Williams as most. Don't get me wrong he is a great player but I feel like some people are blinded by the big plays he has had. Those plays were great, but in my opinion he has not been as consistent as Clay or had the same amount of running vision. He is bigger and "flashier", but in my opinion Clay is more solid. It's kinda like comparing the running style and size of Demarco to Chris Brown, except switching which one is somewhat better.
    That's true. Clay does have more vision and he's more patient to find holes when he runs. I appreciate Williams as far as being more physical and his ability to break tackles. Both have breakaway speed. All our back compliment each other and bring different styles to the offense. Finch is shifty.
    Last edited by Okie35; 11/24/2013 at 09:28 PM.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, because DD Williams has done nothing. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Yes, because DD Williams has done nothing. Right?
    If you would actually read the whole topic you would see where I already explained myself.

Administrator
    vCash

With Williams, when he tries to be flashy (dancing around in the backfield), he almost always goes down. When he ran as a one-cut kind of player, he usually had success. In all fairness, he seems to have done a better job, as the season has gone on, of being that North/South back, but he still goes back to that flashy style once in a while. Otherwise, he's a very good back.

My biggest issue with Williams is his apparent undisciplined actions off the field. After his first suspension, you would have thought he would have realized what was at stake. It's unusual for JUCO kids (that work hard enough to become a starter) to throw away opportunities like Williams has. I think he has NFL talent, I just hope he doesn't waste any more opportunities.