SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

All over but the crying for Baylor...

42-10 in Stillwater...?Boo hoo....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: All over but the crying for Baylor...

yep....the Baylor faithful will leave a veritable Trail o' Tears down I-35.

Due to very low temps, travelers should beware of black ice.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Sicem should really consider making OU his first love. He claims theyve always been his second favorite but what's the point I stickin with the bears?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

2 weeks is a long time. Get some of the aches and pains eased, install a nice game plan and go to stoolwater and beat the focking aggies, damnit...
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

vCash

I knew Baylor was....well Baylor....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

I told a poke in my chirch class 4 weeks ago they'd beat them.
    He wasn't sure.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...from lights-out to turn out the lights

...that was fun stuff

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

Resembles a crip fight...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Sicem should really consider making OU his first love. He claims theyve always been his second favorite but what's the point I stickin with the bears?
    Not accurate. I said I grew up liking OU more than OSU. What's the point of sticking with the Bears? I didn't go to f'n OU, OSU, or anywhere else. I proudly chose Baylor over everywhere else, and I've never regretted that decision for a moment lest of all because of a single football game.

I started at Baylor during the Kevin Steele years -- do you honestly think one loss is going to make me jump ship? Please. I'm a loyal guy. I never jump ship for anything when things go bad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Baylor probably could've saved some money if they'd waited a little bit to extend that contract.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Baylor probably could've saved some money if they'd waited a little bit to extend that contract.
    I think everyone is still perfectly pleased that we extended the contract. Although, if the bottom falls out as far as fan support then I do worry that CAB may be more inclined to go elsewhere.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I think everyone is still perfectly pleased that we extended the contract. Although, if the bottom falls out as far as fan support then I do worry that CAB may be more inclined to go elsewhere.
    I'm not saying it's a bad signing. I just think they picked about the worst time possible to extend him.

vCash

I'm not saying it's a bad signing. I just think they picked about the worst time possible to extend him.
    I disagree. If he sees a dramatic drop in fan support then it may cause him to look elsewhere. If we waited until now to sign the contract, he may have been less inclined to sign it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

For Briles it was the perfect time to sign, catch em euphoric after beating OU but before losing to state.

The surprise is college admins not learning from the West Virginia experience, hiring so-so Bill Stewart after an emotional win . . .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    For Briles it was the perfect time to sign, catch em euphoric after beating OU but before losing to state.

The surprise is college admins not learning from the West Virginia experience, hiring so-so Bill Stewart after an emotional win . . .
    ....also against us.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I love to rag on Baylor (severe understatement) but they made the absolute right decision to extend his contract to ensure he retires there. I thought the money sounded high given that they were only 8 games into their *dream season* and all, but I guess we didn't stick with a 10-team conference and sign new TV deals so that the extra money could be spent on academics.

Baylor didn't go to bowl games in the Big 12 before Art. They didn't have major award winners in the Big 12 (other then their punter) before Art. They didn't content for the Big 12 title before Art. That has to be worth a contract extension.

So, good for Baylor and good for Art. Now... who in the hell is everyone supposed to vote for to dethrone the SEC from winning titles? Therapists for $200 or are we going with Little Sisters of the Poor beaters?

Now, Baylor needs to beat Texas, and OU needs to beat OSU, and then the BIG XII will look just like we thought it would. NO one is all that great!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    ....also against us.
    I don't have a problem with that since it means that beating Oklahoma is a REALLY BIG DEAL to every program not named Notre Dame or USC.

The Sooners are still the team the others can only wish they were . . .

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I disagree. If he sees a dramatic drop in fan support then it may cause him to look elsewhere. If we waited until now to sign the contract, he may have been less inclined to sign it.
    I doubt that he'd look elsewhere with the money they were throwing at him. He's a great coach, but he's far from a bargain anymore. He's getting paid at the level of guys like Stoops and Meyer, and he's not on their levels. Then again, he's getting paid less than Mack Brown and Butch Jones, so it's not all bad. There isn't a salary cap, so if you've got the money, I guess you should go for it.