Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Good news for some U.S. service members and veterans.

Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Good news for some U.S. service members and veterans.

I don't have a problem letting military spouses stay in the country unless they're mexican.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner View Post
    Heh, there was good news in that article juan...didn't you see where it said there was little chance of amnesty passing? Millions left in the shadows...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I don't understand why it is an issue in the first place. All members of the US military have to be US citizens or hold a green card. That would seem their spouses and children should be in this country legally also.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...noncitizen.htm

i think this is just a hallow action done for show and publicity. It is really getting old how members of our military are being used more and more for propagandist advantage by both sides of the political spectrum.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I don't understand why it is an issue in the first place. All members of the US military have to be US citizens or hold a green card. That would seem their spouses and children should be in this country legally also.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...noncitizen.htm

i think this is just a hallow action done for show and publicity. It is really getting old how members of our military are being used more and more for propagandist advantage by both sides of the political spectrum.
    \

This is an incorrect assumption. It can take many years to get petitions approved.

vCash

\

This is an incorrect assumption. It can take many years to get petitions approved.
    Do the petitions from green card holders to bring their families ever get denied? How many green card holders are in the US military?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I've read there are about 35,000 on active duty or in the reserves, but the numbers are continually pressed downward because many naturalize to citizenship as a result of serving.

Yes, sometimes petitions are denied. If the person has been convicted of a felony they are usually denied. They must have a financial sponsor whose income is sufficient, to assure the person does not become a ward of the state. I have served as financial sponsor for four petitions. A lack of proper financial sponsorship is a common reason for being denied.

I have two sisters-in-law who we petitioned as minors and they "timed out" i.e., turned 21 before their petitions were acted upon, which put them in a different line. They've been waiting 15 years and are likely to wait another 20 years if there is not a change in legislation.

The real bummer, is that once they petitioned, they are not longer eligible for a tourist visa. They can't even come to visit their own ****ing mom or grandma or sister (my wife), never mind that I could easily afford to put up a bond to assure their return. If they were Canadian they could come over without any kind of tourist visa or green card.

In my opinion, this is the worst part of the law and contributes to more illegal immigration. If they could visit legally while waiting years for the green card, they would be less likely to come illegally.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Do the petitions from green card holders to bring their families ever get denied? How many green card holders are in the US military?
    We have tried to deport spouses of KIA who are here on either a temporary visa or illegally. In my books if your husband dies in action then you should be an automatic US citizen. We are not talking about a lot of people.

vCash

How come their mom, grandma and your wife don't just go down there?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    We have tried to deport spouses of KIA who are here on either a temporary visa or illegally. In my books if your husband dies in action then you should be an automatic US citizen. We are not talking about a lot of people.
    I agree. If there are any among the 15 million Obama and the Dems ant to give legal status to they should be given immediate citizenship. I suspect the number will be very small.

BTW, why does a country have any immigration laws on the books in the first place?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    How come their mom, grandma and your wife don't just go down there?
    Well, they have many times. My wife and I were originally married civilly and just had a catholic ceremony early this year. The ceremony was in the U.S., not Mexico. So there may be reasons for them to visit the U.S. My wife's sisters could not legally attend.

But why would you want to restrict our visits with family to visits outside the U.S.? I'd like to take them to Disneyland and Lake Tahoe and San Francisco. I can't do that by visiting them in Mexico. Their grandma has very poor eyesight which makes it difficult for her to travel, especially alone.

Here is a pic of grandma with her citizenship certificate she earned a couple of years ago. She had a green card for about 25 years.

vCash

jaun you keep making the comparison of MessyCans to Canadians. Dont you get it? We LIKE Canadians the MessyCans well here Play this game again.

http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-g...Flash-Game.htm
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    jaun you keep making the comparison of MessyCans to Canadians. Dont you get it? We LIKE Canadians the MessyCans well here Play this game again.

52 wetbacks lol. I am going to hell.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diverdog View Post
    52 wetbacks lol. I am going to hell.
    Yer better than me LOL. I keep imagining some of em are jauns Kin so I show a bit of Mercy
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Damn...25. Them are some rapido penche mexicano's...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Damn...25. Them are some rapido penche mexicano's...
    Ya score Higher If Ya hit the Preggo Beaner with 3 kids !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post

So vet, you like that Canadian American who appears to be running for president - ted cruz?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So juan, is your family upset that it looks like amnesty is going down in flames...again?

vCash

So vet, you like that Canadian American who appears to be running for president - ted cruz?
    Dont much care fer that beaver kid tho.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    So juan, is your family upset that it looks like amnesty is going down in flames...again?
    More upset that they did it the right way and it translated to "bend over and grab your ankles, suckers"