Yahoo - Barry Switzer congratulates Bob Stoops for a win that hasn’t happened yet (Dr

Barry Switzer has the power to predict the future – or at least he thinks he does. Switzer, a Hall of Fame coach, who is best known for his time at Oklahoma, posted a tweet congratulating current Oklahoma coach on his win against Iowa State. Only one problem with that, the game has yet to be played. Since everyone beats ISU at home, I want to be the first to congratulate @OU_CoachStoops on tying the record of 157 wins! #coachescabana — Barry Switzer (@Barry_Switzer) November 15, 2013 The Sooners and Cyclones meet at noon ET on Saturday, but that doesn’t matter to Switzer, who wanted to get a head start on congratulating Stoops on tying his record for wins as an Oklahoma coach. Switzer’s career record with the Sooners was 157-29-4 and Stoops has 156 wins heading into the Iowa State game. Of course, Iowa State has struggled this season. The Cyclones are 1-8 after a pair of 6-7 seasons. So, Switzer’s prediction isn’t exactly bold. Or perhaps he’s just trolling and trying to provide bulletin board material for the Cyclones? You know, so he can hold on to his record just a little longer. - - - - - - - Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday

More...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Yahoo - Barry Switzer congratulates Bob Stoops for a win that hasn’t happened yet

Ugh!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Yahoo - Barry Switzer congratulates Bob Stoops for a win that hasn’t happened yet

i remember a few times Barry struggled with ISU. maybe once or twice. hell, if we can't win this one at home even with Barry jinxing us....then we ain't much.

all respect to Coach Rhoads and ISU

edit. game i am thinking of and didn't have the balls to post because i was about 9 years old.....was the 7-7 tie at Owen. and then in 82 and 84, but those games were in Ames.

Gibbs lost in Norman to ISU 33-30, wow. Gary?

we've lost to ISU one other time since 1961.

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/...2#.UodlJXA3svw
    Last edited by King Crimson; 11/16/2013 at 07:30 AM.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout