Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

2013-14 College basketball meltdowns

The category is before and after....

WEST VIRGINIA... TECH!

WVU 82, VT 87

Fill in the blank: We must ignite this ______

Was hoping this would be the season where I didn't have to cringe every time we went to the free throw line. Nope
    Huggins needs to retire
    the refs sucked, yes. but you played stupid. the end.
    I'm on gamecast and there are still 8 sec left. Did we lose?
    probably the worst team in the ACC. ****...long year coming.
    Team blows. It's blown for 2 years now and probably more since we were overrated in the big east there for a couple years. Time to face the music. This program is going nowhere but down. Change is needed. Huggins may love the state of WV but even calling him a shadow of himself is an insult to the coach he once was...
    I think I may go into WVU sports hibernation this winter. Last season's basketball team was embarrassing. Not only did they play poorly, but the tantrums and public bickering by Huggs and the players showed a lack of class and leadership. It is depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by to a louisville lurker
    Daville your ****-*** team can't even beat UCF. Be careful our your bitch *** band of **** may end up in the Pinstripe Bowl against a real team and real D who will break that punk *** bitch Bitchwater in half. And your basketball coach pays for abortions.
    Has the basketball team been hanging out with the football team?
    Womens soccer,Rifle and Baseball, thats where this years teams are at.
    I want Upstate South Carolina!
    "... as Virginia Tech mounted a furious comeback behind a 44-16 run that spanned the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half."

Let those words sink in.

That wasn't Kansas we were playing either.

Outscored 44-16 by one of the worst teams in the ACC without it's best player.
    Thank you for tuning into the inaugural "college BASKETBALL meltdowns" post of the basketball season. Please tune in as mostly Big 12 teams falter unexpectedly leading to message board humor to share. Just don't expect us to meltdown over basketball here
    Last edited by badger; 11/18/2013 at 11:25 AM.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: 2013-14 College basketball meltdowns

ROFLMAO!

vCash

I feel like Michigan robbed us of an Iowa State meltdown... I mean, more than they were already melting down for giving up a 10-10 halftime tie to us in football:

Iowa State 77, Michigan 70

how many guys do we have that are the right guys?
    Not much of an identity on offense other than chuck the three up
    Did they just really storm the court
    Hopefully we get better in a hurry, because Iowa State is a bottom of the big ten team.
    The refs basically performed oral sex on Iowa State players all day long

vCash

Who in the hell is Belmont?!
    Belmont 83, North Carolina 80

UNC is a top 5 program ! Roy is running and coaching it like a mid-major ! He didn't learn from Dean !
    Whoever gave up that 3 pointer should have their scholarship revoked
    We are so terrible. Tokoto needs to stay in his warmups. Just got best by a bunch of nerds
    Quick everyone blindly defend Roy
    Most disappointing finish to a game since Raymond Felton dribbled the last shot off of his knee against dook
    gonna be a long season .. as long as ncaa keeps there head up there and dooks butt !!
    Taking the air out of the ball and giving up easy points was a brilliant plan. Worked out perfectly
    lol, we're bad this year. we're gonna get our s*** stomped by kentucky next month
    So you enjoy losing? I see. I can be upset about the loss. Nothing wrong with that. Rosy only applies to the glasses you are wearing. I'll be on the wagon with honest Heels fans
    I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue

vCash

I was really hoping for the first appearance of OP.com this basketball season, but alas, they beat mem-pi$$...

Okie State 101, Mempis 80

First off, they really love their basketball in Mem-pis. Check all this agony out. Thread after thread... it's like a whornfans football meltdown, and their game thread went to 102 pages... which is where I go now...

Just leave the coaches in Stillwater and be done with it
    Someone start a countdown to when we hire Pearl this is ridiculous at least its not an early season tournament and we have to watch them lose 3 games in a row. we play nichols state next so that should be a win right??
    Somebody needs to clean Smarts clock
    Woooo...

We got it under 30...Man progress.
    OSU scores more than our page count
    Now the OSU fans want to rub it in? Screw y'all
    Dear God please send us Pearl!
    WE ARE OVER RATED
    man I wanna go hug my little girls at least I know they are real and not some fantasy I keep falling for year after year
    If their plane looks anything like a basketball hoop, they'll miss it
    First thing Bruce Pearl does is tell J.J. to have a seat. Observe and then kick ***!

vCash

They played in Puerto Rico this morning (local time). They lost. I dunno what the final was, but KSU lost... soooo...

Charlotte wins, KSU lol

We are really, REALLY, offensively challenged
    Stupid announcer keeps calling us Kansas
    They keep calling it great defense when our guys miss point blank shots but in reality it is just the ineptness of the player to finish
    This is just not a good KSU Basketball team. We are going to struggle to not be in the bottom 1/4th of the conference
    Well this has been a waste of a morning
    We're getting it handed to us right now... by Charlotte. Put the walk on's in
    We miss EVERYTHING within 4 feet of the basket
    (KSU 3-21 on three pointers)Unfortunately, this will probably be one of our better 3 point shooting percentages this year
    I hate how people say Spradling is a "fine shooter" just because he's white
    This isn't even an NIT team
    EDIT: Final score was Charlotte 68, KSU 61
    Last edited by badger; 11/22/2013 at 02:38 PM.

vCash

KSU: Now they're free... free falling...

Georgetown 90, KSU 63

Update for the sake of us poor saps at work who want to keep tabs on the suckage?
    Good God, how disfunctional is this team
    We're getting blown-out by a team that just lost to "Northeastern" yesterday
    I know we will improve but dear God
    We are just as bad as ku in football
    Must be two hundred egg layers lurking our board today ready to yuck it up and we deserve all the crap they dish out
    The football team got off to a slow start also
    Might be time to use KU's marketing strategies and give away free tickets to get some butts in the seats, cause it's going to be a long cold winter
    <GROAN> This is going to be one long winter. At least we still have football for a while though lol
    To state the obvious ... Bruce should have never been hired
    The sky is falling! Oh no, we've lost 3 games! No good coach would ever lose 3 games!

vCash

Sooner magic: Not just for football.
    OU 86, Seton Hall 85

I'm going to throw up
    Willard lands a Top 4 class and some of our posters want him fired for a a bad loss caused by a perfect storm of screwups and bad luck? I can't comprehend the level of stupidity or lunacy of some of our posters. Get over it! **** happens in Sports
    But he's the greatest X's and O's coach ever!
    Willard should give his pay from this game back because sure as he'll didn't coach
    That loss was pathetic and inexcusable I'm numb
    Horrible clock management at end of both halves, not protecting the ball, and then total dumpster fire of last play. What a waste. So pi$$ed
    Nobody could be more upset about last night's loss than me. In my opinion it was one of the worst, if not the worst, last minute collapses I have ever seen the SHU basketball team experience in my close to 50 years of watching them. I had the game already chalked up as a win several times throughout the second half. The only thing however that is more unbelievable than the loss, is the words of some on this board that Willard should be gone because of it. Were coaching mistakes made by our head coach, especially in particular revolving around his substation patterns, in the last minute - yes of course! Should he lose his job because of it - a resounding no! Remember with a few different bounces of the ball we could easily be at this point 5 and 0. (With a bad break the other way in the Kent State game we could be easily 2 and 3 - so it works both ways.) Not sure what type of work the folks do that are calling for his head do, but in the work that I do, I do not always make the perfect decision. However in the full scheme of things, my decisions are usually right on target. That's how we should be judging Kevin as well. I think most people would agree especially with the outstanding recruiting class that he has coming in, the future is bright. This year is far from over. I expect a nice win tonight. After six games most had us pegged for a 4 and 2 record. As the season pans out, I predicte both Mercer and Oklahoma will have fine winning records, proving that our losses to them were not bad losses. I feel very good even with the very unfortunate loss of Auda, we can still win out the rest of our OCC schedule, which will mean a winning record in the Big East which I still strongly think is attainable, will get us to the Big Dance. GO PIRATES!
    I admire your optimism. I will pray for you. lol

vCash

No joke TCU beat somebody in basketball?! Other than KU last year, I mean

TCU 64, Wazzu 62

And that another Cougar new low. . . .I believe the football team will win more games this year than the basketball team. Do our "shooters," and I use that term very loosely, purposely try to just hit the rim? Our offense consists of passing it around 3-4 times and someone then clanging up a long one, OR, someone trying to drive into the lane and either losing the ball by throwing it away or tossing up a brick. These guys should all join the bricklayers union, but then the bricklayers might be offended. I hope Moos is already lining up our next coach.
    First home loss in November in 51 years is very telling
    Banging my head against wall with this basketball program
    Frogs win Cougs croak
    Wow-- this might be a new low-- its like no one even noticed
    Interesting fact: TCU was the all time lowest ranked high major team by KenPom (284). And they beat us. At home
    Logged on for misery-loves-company but found crickets. Nobody GAF anymore
    I'll be honest, if the tickets were a penny more than the $5 they currently charge, I wouldn't have gone
    I don't care enough to be apathetic

vCash

Aww, didn't this happen in football too?

Texas 82, BYU 86

To shaggy!

Bastards... to shaggy BASKETBALL forum!

At least let greggym's "kids" lube up first before violating them tonight
    what does 550 yards on the ground translate to on the hardwood? was manny _iaz re-assigned to the basketball team? that would scare the $#@! out of me.
    Is Rick Barnes still crushing souls?
    Are we sure Pancho is really black?
    Lots of white guys on the floor for BYU...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying
    Texas making stupid unforced errors, BYU making stupid three pointers
    Diaz coaching defense for the basketball team?
    Black guy for BYU.

Thought that was illegal?
    Texas Tech is getting embarrassed right now. At least we aren't them
    Byu fans seem to have pent up sins. Like dancing
    $#@!in $#@!
    F this inbred looking guy
    Case McCoy's evil twin brother just beat us
    here comes patented rick barnes $#@! up play
    that mutant looking $#@!er is killing us
    the start of a lot of losses
    Well that was anticlimactic. Looks like the magic underwear guys own us in basketball too. Can we play them in baseball maybe?
    Jimmy Clausen dominated us in the second half
    can we please lower our standards and admit BYU to the Big 12 already? i mean, we wouldn't be able to play on Sundays anymore, but we could add Notre Dame and have a religious quad, all of whom would beat Texas annually in everything

vCash

Pitt 76, Texas Tech 53

Nightmare. Disaster. AWIP.
    Do we score more than 30?
    I wonder if espn switches the station to womens barrel racing or wnba around halftime
    I haven't watched a tech bball game in 2 years, looks like I need to go away for 2 more
    I swear we just can't compete against BCS schools in anything
    I assume we have a couple Marcus Smarts committed right?
    Mercy rule?
    Tubby sort of looked like a guy in one of those Southwest Airlines "Want to get away?" commercials during one of the timeouts
    UA is gonna have its way with this team. Then again they prison raped us last year in Lubbock. I don't see much changing
    This is embarrassing my god
    Tubby is overpaid, we could've paid someone $500k to produce results like these
    Who wins more games, the football team or basketball team?
    Quit being such a drama queen. You are more embarrassing than this basketball team
    Ok so on Nov 26, 2013 it is decreed that we all in Raider Nation stop accepting mediocrity

vCash

West Virginia 63, #10 Wisconsin 70
    No, nearly beating a top 10 opponent does not give you a pass, especially since you have a message board like Ignite This Couch.

Remember back in the basketball season of 04-05? Remember how it followed a let down of a football season? (Not abortion of a season just let down) I see this basketball season being the kick off of another golden era of WVU basketball and Football. It came out of no where but lasted from spring of 05 till the Texas Tech game of 2012.

Santa make it happen, I know for a fact your fat *** ain't bringing my kid a xbox one so a new golden era of WVU major sports will do. Major sports ie football and basketball, this women's soccer thing is nice and all but doesn't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Bob Huggins on twitter
    They call it the Cancun Challenge because apparently having a visible scoreboard for television viewers is a &$%#$%# challenge.
    DAMNIT MY HAIR IS TURNING ICE WHITE RIGHT NOW
    ah well they weren't too angry at losing for once

vCash

#18 Baylor 67, #8 Syracuse 74
    ow my eyes why is helsip not graduated yet

Bullchit!!!!!!!
    f*ck royce

come the f*ck on
    I wish we had the lead
    Gotdangit!!!
    lol baylorfans.com cursing

vCash

Kansas 87, Wake Forest 78

Quote Originally Posted by to a ku lurker
    Go to your own board *** hat... You should feel proud of your top ranked team beating a plus 100 team who but for some bs officiating and some missed fts would be sticking their hats up you a@@
    Why don't you go out in the street and play dodge car
    And to think, I didn't even know they had professional basketball in Kansas...my mistake
    Kansas paid off the officials

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Kansas paid off the officials
    Apparently, KU gave last night's crew the whole wallet:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400519976
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    lol baylorfans.com cursing
    AKA, Hypocrite U!!!

vCash

They aren't that great after all doo dah doo dah
    Third loss Monday unranked soon, oh dee doo dah day

KU 61, Florida 67

Please read this if you are NOT a t shirt homer fan (still not sure what that means, but I assume its a fair weather fan)
    I'm seeeeeriously getting sick and tired of hearing this phrase "just wait til March!"
    When was the last time we lost 3 out of 4. We can make all kinds of excuses but the fact remains that we can't beat anybody good. What does it it take take to not get eaten alive by a 1-3-1 half court trap? This should be a lay-up drill after the 2nd or 3rd possession, however, we turn it into instant offense for the other team. Still a believer but this is poor
    I've never turned a KU game off but...
    The lack of fight and effort forced me to do so
    Poosy @ss football only fan
    Perhaps you should just be a KSU fan, probably be a lot easier for you
    You're a p*ssy

vCash

Gonzaga 80, West Virginia 76

Note: We Must Ignite This Couch might have a word filter, but probably not. However, SF.com does, so there's no telling what will make it and what won't. here goes...
    Now that our seemingly annual beatdown is upon us
    Be sure to bring your clocks to the Coliseum. You can get them cleaned for free
    These refs suck ***
    Refs, as a rule, suck ***
    Why is it that students are awesome at basketball games and suck d!ck at football games?
    these refs really do suck ***
    Agree that these refs blow
    Shout out to stripper girl in Section 34. She made her momma proud!
    So if you brown nose Santa he brings you a car?
    Same old ****, just an awful, awful, awful time to be a wvu fan
    well s h I t
    Was that officiating crew from the Big East? That was hard on the eyes. No puking way was that an evenly officiated game. Damn I'm pissed. Phuk John Stockton, his kid and the little **** ant phuks that travel with them. I'm sick of those little coxuckers. There must have been a full that said you couldn't call a foul on the big 7 foot phuk stick on their team.
    It was not the worst reffed game I have ever seen but we got screwed. We won that game on the court. It was stolen by bull**** call after bull**** call. It has to be so deflating as a player when they foul you and its not called so you go up the court and do the same exact thing and its called a foul
    Did I miss something? Is there an unwritten rul that if you are over 7 feet tall you can do whatever you want? I mean come the **** on! That was the most frustrating 4-5 minutes I've seen this year. Noreen gets touched to the ground by that 7'1 prick. Then he can swing his elbows freely? BS. We did everything better than them. We should have won that game. I'm tired of these little **** dip****s beating us. Easily my most hated team this year. Damnit man. **** the officials. We go through this every damn game.

vCash

ksu 74, ok last 71

For the love of god. Save our fanbase Marcus.
    The Octagon of BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! KState fans are so damn annoying.
    BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    K-State has the least educated fans in college basketball. Booing whenever something doesn't go their way. Embarrassing for our conference reall
    F'n retards
    Bullsh*t.
    Refs afraid of getting booed
    Gawd KState fans are soooooooooo stupid!!!!!!!!
    god these kstate fans are just dumb as dirt
    So dumb, so dumb, so dumb
    I miss Eddie
    This game is going to be longer than the bowl game last night
    Why, oh why, are refs always out to $#$% OSU? In every sport... Always
    The Poke Choke is in full-effect! Love this feeling
    No way we win this f...ing game. Just what we needed after last nights debacle
    Jeebus. University has **** themselves
    Being an OSU basketball fan has to be one of the most aggravating things on Planet Earth. Constantly underachieving, sloppy play, and missed free throws. Actually, Eddie's teams had tough defense and motivated players.... Our glory years
    Side note: no coach in America has a more punchable face than Bruce Weber. What a schmuck
    For the lose
    Last night. Today. And I turn 40 tomorrow. Kill me now
    Thanks Stevie! Go smoke another one bro
    OSU athletics is one of the most frustrating things in life
    Wonderful fu..king 2 days
    Good to see the basketball team didn't want to be outdone by the football team this weekend...when's the last time a men's team won a game? #6 lol no way they are the #6 team
    State of OSU Athletics:
    Baseball season starts in about a month!!!
    Anyone who complains about any officiating at any time is a whiner, a pathetic fan, and a horrible human being who should be shot. Wow. Glad I said that. It makes me better than the rest of you low life fans who go to games, pay your money, put skin in the game, and have some passion about your school. I used to be like you but from here on out I will sit at my computer and take shots and you whiners who actually go to games. That way I will be better than you
    i promise to do one more tonight... you all know which one

vCash

OU 88, texas 85

Cover the white dude shooting 3s please
    3s 3s 3s 3s. Christ
    I was going to make a bad Ghostbusters joke but his name is Spangler
    Did the entire team eat buttery popcorn in pre game warm ups?
    would love some Green rep if possible. Got my red from the football board and saying one nice thing about Mack
    Note: yes, shaggy has spek too
    Got damn I hate OU
    $#@!. Frankly, I thought we were better than this. Guess I drank that Kool-Aid too soon...
    In case you are at the game and not on twitter:

@TexasMBB: Hey @ErwinCenter fans ... Need it LOUDER every time we're on D til end of this game. Make Noise! #BeAFactor

That's not a parody account
    $#@!ing buzzkill
    $#@! us
    Blow lead? check
    Play with very little compsure in the final few minutes? check
    Chuck up a bunch of jump shots? Check

Nothing has changed!
    yes i am disappointed in shaggy too. i guess they were all worried about their next football coach today. ah well, still good to see us get our first austin win since 2005